Gregory 10 game Suspension under appeal; 4 game suspension confirmed

CCBoy

Reaction score
They just need to make him a victim.

He's only a victim of his own lack of intelligence. 4 games, 10 games. It's completely irrelevant. He's a dumb player and will continue to be. I had this same discussion with our cheerleader fan base with Quincy. I'll be just as right now as I was then.

Oh, and from a 'hidden' source in the recovery team he's interacting...huh?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Werder is saying that the appeal hearing hasn't even been set. It does indeed look to be a false report.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh please. Spare me. He's an idiot. There is not "millions" who would be in his position and throw it away as he has done so far.

It's not just about demons. There's a clear lack of intelligence at play here. I have zero hope that this is the end of it.

It's not a lack of intelligence.

I know a lot of smart folks that are addicted to drugs and/or alcohol that have thrown away much more than a career.

And anyone that believes it's all about intelligence has their head in a rabbit hole.

Boomer22

Reaction score
You're mad at him and blame him for not being available. I got that already.

I don't make decisions based on how I feel. I evaluate the circumstance, the options available, and make the most advantageous choice given the probabilities.

The Cowboys cannot compel him to 'be out of football.' That isn't even an option. They can cut him and then they lose his rights else when he comes off suspension he goes on the 53.

If you're not going to cut him then you need to manage him and that is not so cut and dry. We are judging the circumstance from a high degree of ignorance. You have people like Risen who like to pretend they have him all figured out but we don't really know what his problem is.

The circumstances are hes been busted muliple times and rumors are his testing in college was covered up or nonexistent, makes sense given his actions thus far. Hes a repeat offender so chances are he'll get caught again, wasting another contract year. Its might be better for all parties of he retires for like 2 years and comes back at 25. He'll likely get busted again and ruin his career anyways.

I'm not like risen who will blindly defend his position reaching for things or deflect. I truly believe what I write and if I'm wrong I'll admit.

Bluefin

Reaction score
Hill had the original report and he has not retracted it.

Let's not put too much stock in his report.

By Clarence E. Hill Jr.
Dallas Cowboys defensive end Randy Gregory has apparently won his appeal of a 10-game suspension for an additional violation of the NFL’s substance abuse program and will only be suspended for the first four games of the 2016 season.

The league affirmed Gregory’s four-game suspension Saturday, according to multiple sources.

Per an NFL spokesman, the league would have no further comment on Gregory beyond what was announced on Feb. 19 when the four-game suspension was revealed.

Gregory’s status for the 2016 season remains in limbo.

Per sources, Gregory ran afoul of the program a fifth time, thus triggering a 10-game suspension.

Vice president Stephen Jones confirmed last week that Gregory’s situation was under appeal.

It was apparently successfully appealed.

superonyx

Reaction score
Im saying if he can't get up for football then he has no further use to this team and should be gone. Im tired of getting up for him only to hear hes getting busted and will be out for more weeks but don't worry when he's back he'll finally turn it around. A part of me thinks his problem is bs and if really has one he needs to be out of football for a few years and try working a real job to gain some perspective. Cowboys would still own his rights if and when he tries to comeback but right now he just squandering cheap contract years, especially if he gets busted again.

Oh so he needs to go get a real job then he will be fixed due to the perspective he will gain....tough love huh? He just needs a kick in the pants that working a real job would give him.
Come on. If national public humiliation, letting down his family, embarrassing his parents, letting down his teammates, former coaches, Jerry Jones, ect isn't enough to stop him then what makes you think working shift work at Walmart would "fix him".

BOOTSTRAPS!!!

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
The circumstances are hes been busted muliple times and rumors are his testing in college was covered up or nonexistent, makes sense given his actions thus far. Hes a repeat offender so chances are he'll get caught again, wasting another contract year. Its might be better for all parties of he retires for like 2 years and comes back at 25. He'll likely get busted again and ruin his career anyways.

I'm not like risen who will blindly defend his position reaching for things or deflect. I truly believe what I write and if I'm wrong I'll admit.

Few people are like Risen. I wasn't trying to say that and if it came across that way I apologize.

That is what we know but that is not the whole of it. The million dollar question is why is he doing it and is there anything that can be done to fix the problem?

Is he bipolar? Does he have an anxiety disorder? Is he an addict? Something else we haven't considered?

At the end of the day the club can either cut him or put him on the roster when he comes off suspension. If you want to cut him and not deal with it I understand. I would like to know more myself before I write him off.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's not a lack of intelligence.

I know a lot of smart folks that are addicted to drugs and/or alcohol that have thrown away much more than a career.

And anyone that believes it's all about intelligence has their head in a rabbit hole.
Intelligence can be defined many different ways.

My Dad liked to say that some people just didn't have any common sense.

Funny example: Back in the early nineties when it was expensive to make a cell phone call, a guy I worked with had a cell and I saw him using it to call the vending machine company because he lost 50 cents. This guy is highly intelligent and was considered a guru software programmer; however, he had no "common sense". This was just one example of his antics.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
They just need to make him a victim.

He's only a victim of his own lack of intelligence. 4 games, 10 games. It's completely irrelevant. He's a dumb player and will continue to be. I had this same discussion with our cheerleader fan base with Quincy. I'll be just as right now as I was then.

Gregory is a lot of things but dumb isn't one of them.....he has an anxiety issue and weed helps him with that problem. He checked himself into rehab, trying to fix his dependency, in the end he may be more at risk by using a pharamceutical, but hey who cares if he can sack the QB and help the team win games.