Twitter: Gregory credits Garrett for his comeback

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Haters won’t acknowledge it since it means having been repeatedly wrong on this topic. But the haters have been repeatedly wrong in this topic.
I like Jason Garrett as a person and he is definitely really good at motivating players to play for him. We all saw that when he took over for Wade Phillips. The players really liked Wade yet gave up under him.

For me, it's not about liking him or thinking he is smart or the endless debate of whether he is a good or bad coach. It's simply about post-season success. There are a lot of coaches who can get their teams to the playoffs, but some of them are incapable of getting them to the Super Bowl or a Super Bowl win.

I am very results focused. I really don't care what path you take as long as you get to where you want to be and that simply has not happened under Garrett even in years where the chips fell in our favor either through talent or through injuries to other teams that would have been in the Cowboys way to winning. You can blame a loss here or there on the players, but after 10 years, you have more than enough data to see the patterns and results of the team.

The bottom line for me is that Garrett has had 10 years to (at the very least) get to the championship game once and so far he has been unable to do that. You can blame bad offenses, bad defenses, bad calls, etc. but after 10 years and ample chances (it's not like the NFC East has been a power house division during that time), you are what you are, and right now, Garrett is average .. not great .. not horrible .. just average.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I like Jason Garrett as a person and he is definitely really good at motivating players to play for him. We all saw that when he took over for Wade Phillips. The players really liked Wade yet gave up under him.

For me, it's not about liking him or thinking he is smart or the endless debate of whether he is a good or bad coach. It's simply about post-season success. There are a lot of coaches who can get their teams to the playoffs, but some of them are incapable of getting them to the Super Bowl or a Super Bowl win.

I am very results focused. I really don't care what path you take as long as we get to where we want to be and that simply has not happened under Garrett even in years where the chips fell in our favor either through talent or through injuries to other teams that would have been in the Cowboys way to winning. You can blame a loss here or there on the players, but after 10 years, you have more than enough data to see the patterns and results of the team.

The bottom line for me is that Garrett has had 10 years to (at the very least) get to the championship game once and so far he has been unable to do that. You can blame bad offenses, bad defenses, bad calls, etc. but after 10 years and ample chances (it's not like the NFC East has been a power house division during that time), you are what you are, and right now, Garrett is average .. not great .. not horrible .. just average.

:hammer:

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
"Wouldn't stop"? Profusely?

All he said was, "some of what Garrett preaches" twice.

Everyone knows Garrett is a walking cliche repetition machine.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
He is coming on at the right time and I can't remember the last time we had two bookend credible pass rushers.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Obviously the scratch, battle and claw speech resonates with Randy.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Jane Slater just put some pieces together on her own devoid of any merit. Pretty sure Garret's cliche's are not what is keeping Randy away from weed.

droopdog7

Reaction score
Whatever you think about garret, his ability to motivate players is the one thing the haters (i.e., those that give him zero credit for anything) have consistently gotten wrong over the years. Only now do some begrudgingly give him credit, after years and years of calling him soft (wrong) and boring (wrong). As far as being a leader of men, Garret is elite.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Whatever you think about garret, his ability to motivate players is the one thing the haters (i.e., those that give him zero credit for anything) have consistently gotten wrong over the years. Only now do some begrudgingly give him credit, after years and years of calling him soft (wrong) and boring (wrong). As far as being a leader of men, Garret is elite.
Who the hell cares about motivating players, if it doesnt lead to anything???

U homers and your damn moral victories :facepalm:

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Funny that To never called out Andy Reid
That’s what I keep telling the little fanboys but they have no response to that. Lying for a grown man on the internet is what’s cool to these old fanboys lol. Like why would Jesse Holley give a damn about Garrett? Did Garrett ruin his career? Lmao

We know why they don’t believe those three though. We know this

Gaede

Reaction score
I get the 'saviour' story angle here. But the only person Gregory has to thank for his comeback is himself. Others can provide opportunities but it's entirely up to him how he performs and whether or not he stays on track .

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I get the 'saviour' story angle here. But the only person Gregory has to thank for his comeback is himself. Others can provide opportunities but it's entirely up to him how he performs and whether or not he stays on track .
True but it also takes some help. It makes your journey back easier especially when you have the demons Gregory had. You don't come back from that alone.

Wood

Reaction score
Never thought I would say this but Gregory is this team best pass rusher. He is avg a sack a game & his initial step/burst is unreal. Tank is the more complete player and gets the double teams but speaking purely from pass rushing talent....Gregory is second to no-one on this team.