Twitter: Gregory credits Garrett for his comeback

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Funny that RGregory is one of the most non RKGarrett guys out there

Gaede

Reaction score
True but it also takes some help. It makes your journey back easier especially when you have the demons Gregory had. You don't come back from that alone.
Totally.

And Garrett, Jerry, et al deserve credit for sticking with him.

I just hope that the media doesn't forget Gregory himself

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Well...that explains why its working on this team since we have the youngest team in the league.
This is true. But in the playoffs everybody is motivated and everybody is good. This is where he gets exposed.

Sydla

Reaction score
Haters won’t acknowledge it since it means having been repeatedly wrong on this topic. But the haters have been repeatedly wrong in this topic.

LOL.

Most “haters” have acknowledged that players like Garrett and enjoy playing for him. So Gregory saying this is not a surprise to most.

The problem is, sometimes, the good guys like Garrett are just average head coaches.

Results matter. Garrett, for all his popularity, has made the playoffs three times in 9 years and if they don’t win a playoff game this year, he’ll have one win in 9 years.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Totally.

And Garrett, Jerry, et al deserve credit for sticking with him.

I just hope that the media doesn't forget Gregory himself
Oh I agree. That is what usually tends to happen in instances like this but this doesn't happen if Gregory doesn't want it to. He deserves more praise than anyone.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This is true. But in the playoffs everybody is motivated and everybody is good. This is where he gets exposed.

I don't think we have enough sample size to say that but it very well could happen. I'm not holding my breathe. At the end of the day this team was 3-5. So to even get in the post season is a miracle IMO. There are teams better than them and some just as good in the playoffs. If this team gets to the NFC Championship......Garrett needs to be retained. I know people will hate that but this team has no business getting to the NFC Championship at 3-5.

cern

Reaction score
Mt. Landry used to say it wasn't his job to motivate the players. They were adults and should motivate themselves. Tom felt it was his job to get the team prepared for the game.

cern

Reaction score
How many? Provide links, please.

I know TO and Crayton and Holley didn’t like him back when he was an OC. With good reason since he canned them. Who else you got?
Dez. Pro bowl te martellus Bennett.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Butler: "The coaches don't coach"

Hasn't Beasley been making comments this year too? It'll be interesting to hear Beasley Unleashed once he signs elsewhere.

Butler has elite athletic ability and "hasn't been coached" all the way to 79 catches over six NFL seasons.

Amari Cooper has said playing in Dallas is a dream come true. I'll take that over anything Beasley says.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Haters won’t acknowledge it since it means having been repeatedly wrong on this topic. But the haters have been repeatedly wrong in this topic.

No, Randy knows he's on thin ice and says what he has to say. Dude knows the meaning of words.

He had exceptionally high SAT scores .

Gregory has a high IQ.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Butler has elite athletic ability and "hasn't been coached" all the way to 79 catches over six NFL seasons.

Amari Cooper has said playing in Dallas is a dream come true. I'll take that over anything Beasley says.

Beasley plays well when the fan base criticizes him, which I will make a point of doing this week.

He's due.

cern

Reaction score
Butler: "The coaches don't coach"

Hasn't Beasley been making comments this year too? It'll be interesting to hear Beasley Unleashed once he signs elsewhere.
We, as fans, see the shortcomings. Clearly the players do.