Twitter: Gregory credits Garrett for his comeback

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One playoff win in 8 full years.

You can’t just blame everyone else for a streak like that.

But you’ll try, for sure.

I don’t really ‘blame’ anybody for not being better than other playoff teams in a single elimination tournament. It doesn’t make a lot of sense and isn’t really my style anyway.

But I do say frequently that those losses weren’t because of the HC. I say that mostly because it’s accurate.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
That’s why Garrett is still coach. He’s a great motivator,and keeps you going when everything says quit.

Batman1980

Reaction score
That’s why Garrett is still coach. He’s a great motivator,and keeps you going when everything says quit.

It still sounds like he's not safe past 2019 unless we at least beat Seattle and then win one more.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Garrett’s words work on young, naive players. That’s why Dez used to be a Garrett fanboy.

Gee, the average nfl career is 3.3 years.

Sounds like words that work with young, naive players are going to be pretty important given that fact.

Vets like Dez need to grow up and motivate themselves.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
I don’t really ‘blame’ anybody for not being better than other playoff teams in a single elimination tournament. It doesn’t make a lot of sense and isn’t really my style anyway.

But I do say frequently that those losses weren’t because of the HC. I say that mostly because it’s accurate.

Head coach bears no responsibility for his team sleepwalking out to a 21-3 first half deficit?

He certainly is directly responsible for calling the spike on the last drive of the game, that ultimately left Aaron Rodgers with 35 seconds left.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Head coach bears no responsibility for his team sleepwalking out to a 21-3 first half deficit?

He certainly is directly responsible for calling the spike on the last drive of the game, that ultimately left Aaron Rodgers with 35 seconds left.
Add in the fact that it was his bright idea to rest everyone the week before the bye, basically ensuring they would come out flat...

I cant believe this guy has stans. Like I must be in the twilight zone right now

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
His teams win more than most NFC teams win. even factoring in the constant second-guessing of the Xs and Os.
He has won the NFC East 3 out of 4 years now.

He is not as bad as you think at all.

You do not do it with smoke and mirrors.

Since 2014 he has coached a team with alot of turnover to get there.

Completely rebuilt secondary and LBers..

new DL..

new receivers..

New coaches..

I think people need to see who Garrett is.

He has alot of help..

but most successful teams do.

Last edited:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

Oh my..

Let it go.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Gee, the average nfl career is 3.3 years.

Sounds like words that work with young, naive players are going to be pretty important given that fact.

Vets like Dez need to grow up and motivate themselves.
Depends on the team and the leaders I guess