News: Gregory Failed Yet another Drug Test

Proof

Reaction score
It's incredibly sad that some weed makes this phenom a "boom or bust pick"

All the while, it sucks that he can't stay off the herb for the sake of his career. I get it, he wants to smoke his herb, but he has to realize the NFL is a bunch of antiquated old geezers that still buy into the "reefer madness"

This is so disappointing.

well no. the boom or bust was his decision making. weed is nothing, as you said, will by and large be legal or at the very least, decriminalized in the near future. Unfortunately though, as of now it isn't, and is still banned by the league, and he has repeatedly broken the rules at great cost to himself and the team that took a chance on him, and stood by him. he's an idiot.

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
Well, there goes that. Can't stay off the weed long enough to make your family set for a lifetime. Pfftttt...

Sydla

Reaction score
Wait............ isn't it the NFL that conducts drug tests? So how would some source know he failed but the NFL not know unless the NFL is playing dumb at this point.

Or was Gregory required to take 3rd party drug tests and then the results were to be submitted to the league and that 3rd party is Rappaport's source.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

All the while, it sucks that he can't stay off the herb for the sake of his career. I get it, he wants to smoke his herb, but he has to realize the NFL is a bunch of antiquated old geezers that still buy into the "reefer madness"... and for that reason alone, he should abstain. It's still so damn sad that fricking marijuana is destroying his career. In this "progressive" time.

To be fair to the NFL.. All they ask is you don't smoke or do any other drugs around their drug test times.

You can smoke all you want in the NFL. Just not around the pre-scheduled test times.

They try to let them the best they can in a society where it's still illegal.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
well no. the boom or bust was his decision making. weed is nothing, as you said, will by and large be legal or at the very least, decriminalized in the near future. Unfortunately though, as of now it isn't, and is still banned by the league, and he has repeatedly broken the rules at great cost to himself and the team that took a chance on him, and stood by him. he's an idiot.

I covered that in my post. Read again.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Please let this be Rapoport doing a Rapoport.
What's kind of strange to me is that the League, itself, is supposedly not aware of another violation.
Where would this rumor come from if not from a league source? So much garbage gets thrown out there nowadays in the interest of being "first to report", so I'll continue to take a wait and see approach on this for the moment.

Last edited:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
To be fair to the NFL.. All they ask is you don't smoke or do any other drugs around their drug test times.

You can smoke all you want in the NFL. Just not around the pre-scheduled test times.

They try to let them the best they can in a society where it's still illegal.

Covered in post, Catch

Meat-O-Rama

Vegetarians are so stupid.
Reaction score
This is horrible if true. Somebody pinch me. I was full-bore in his corner. Hoping we would get him back for our postseason push.

Unbelievable. DE is a number one priority in draft and perhaps in free agency as well (not a tier one, but a tier 2 signing). It can't just be Tank on the outside.

Damnit, Gregory. Damnit, dude. If this is over weed, this is sickening that weed can destroy a player's career in the 21st century. Weed, folks.

You "get off muh lawn" folks need to realize, marijuana will be federally legal soon. We're losing a player to some weed. In two or three, maybe four years (our next general election) this guy wouldn't be drawing these suspensions.

It doesn't matter what WILL be legal, it matters what IS legal and the contract the HE signed states that it's not. If you can't stop smoking weed long enough to reap the rewards of a contract of that magnitude, you are not a smart person. We all have the right to choose. He (apparently) chose weed over a very lucrative career. That's not on anyone but him.

DTown214

Reaction score
Can the clingers finally accept that he is done here?
I am a clinger and yes, I'm so done with this guy now. What is that, his third failed drug test in less than a year? Someone that does that has serious issues and doesn't deserve to be on this team.

remdak

Reaction score
This is, apparently, news to the NFL. Take a wait and see approach.

So even the reporter starting this story admits "This is news to the NFL."

Every time these come out, though, they always are true.

John813

Reaction score

All the while, it sucks that he can't stay off the herb for the sake of his career. I get it, he wants to smoke his herb, but he has to realize the NFL is a bunch of antiquated old geezers that still buy into the "reefer madness"... and for that reason alone, he should abstain. It's still so damn sad that fricking marijuana is destroying his career. In this "progressive" time.

Well, to be fair to the NFL, Mary jane is still illegal federally.

Soon it'll be overturned, but until then, players need to be smarter when they take a hit. Especially when they got busted a handful of times.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score

Soon it'll be overturned, but until then, players need to be smarter when they take a hit. Especially when they got busted a handful of times.

Follow up post covers all of your responses, and not to toot my own horn, it covers it quite nicely

Proof

Reaction score
I covered that in my post. Read again.

I did, where?

the boom or bust in him isn't smoking weed, it's the decision making.

nm... just saw you edited it.

I think it's equally stupid that weed is banned, and that players can't abide by the rules.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It doesn't matter what WILL be legal, it matters what IS legal and the contract the HE signed states that it's not. If you can't stop smoking weed long enough to reap the rewards of a contract of that magnitude, you are not a smart person. We all have the right to choose. He (apparently) chose weed over a very lucrative career. That's not on anyone but him.

He won't realize what he has done until he gets in his late 20's and early 30's.

The guy has a kid now too and he keeps making selfish decisions. I do feel bad for him because he has no idea what he is doing. He can't comprehend the mistake he is making.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
It isn't even a question of legality - it's a banned substance in the NFL. Personally, I think that's ridiculous but until the rules change players have to follow them.

Gregory was a roll of the dice. This time it came up snake eyes. Time to cut losses.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score

So how is my post incongruent with your response?

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Where are the fools that thought he would be activated after his 14 week suspension. Send him off with Josh Gordon.

Its a shame and its not at the same time.