News: Gregory Failed Yet another Drug Test

WarDaddy

kidcrook
Reaction score
This is horrible if true. Somebody pinch me. I was full-bore in his corner. Hoping we would get him back for our postseason push.

Unbelievable. DE is a number one priority in draft and perhaps in free agency as well (not a tier one, but a tier 2 signing). It can't just be Tank on the outside.

Damnit, Gregory. Damnit, dude. If this is over weed, this is sickening that weed can destroy a player's career in the 21st century. Weed, folks.

You "get off muh lawn" folks need to realize, marijuana will be federally legal soon. We're losing a player to some weed. In two or three, maybe four years (our next general election) this guy wouldn't be drawing these suspensions.

But we're living in the here and now. This dude can't abide by the current rules knowing what would happen as a result of his actions. This is sad because he seems to have a serious problem that goes beyond football. This goes down as a wasted draft pick in football terms but I hope for Randy Gregory's sake that his issue doesn't lead to real world troubles in the future.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
I am a clinger and yes, I'm so done with this guy now. What is that, his third failed drug test in less than a year? Someone that does that has serious issues and doesn't deserve to be on this team.
I'm pretty sure this would make it at least his 5th in total since the combine. The NFL combine, the 4 game fine, the 4 game suspension, the 10 game suspension and this one.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If true then he is done. If not true then he should sue the crap out of Rapoport

I think after we cut him it will officially be the end of us taking risks on bad character guys.

The only character guy that has paid off for us has been Dez and everything with him was just immaturity.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
To be fair to the NFL.. All they ask is you don't smoke or do any other drugs around their drug test times.

You can smoke all you want in the NFL. Just not around the pre-scheduled test times.

They try to let them the best they can in a society where it's still illegal.
Except that once you are caught, you're subject to random testing at any time (not just during a specified period) if I understand the policy correctly.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I did, where?

the boom or bust in him isn't smoking weed, it's the decision making.

Read my post, again. What do you mean "I did, where" in my reply to you? Were you replying to me?

Again, given your narrative, without being re-read my second post as it pertains to the post you replied to (said post)

Last edited:

conner01

Reaction score
Well, to be fair to the NFL, Mary jane is still illegal federally.

Soon it'll be overturned, but until then, players need to be smarter when they take a hit. Especially when they got busted a handful of times.
And it doesn't matter if it's legal or not
It's a violation of league rules. Should it be a violation is a whole nother issue. As long as it is you have to abide by those rules

waldoputty

Reaction score
Can the clingers finally accept that he is done here?

he does not get paid and does not accrue service time while suspended.
so cowboys have no reason to cut him as far as i know, even if his chance for a return is 0.1%.

but if he fails again, it does look like he will never contribute.
he just cannot control his demons.
as least until nfl changes it rules regarding pot after more states legalize it, even for recreation use in the case of CA.

Though if true, i would keep him away from the rest of the team.
dont want this type of out of control influence

Last edited:

Proof

Reaction score
Read my post, again. What do you mean "I did, where" in my reply to you? Where you replying to me. Again, given your narrative, without being a KJJ-type, re-read my second post as it pertains to the post you replied to

uhh... I replied I did re-read your post, and that the "where" was where did you cover it. you didn't mention you edited your post so all I did was re-read the one that was still on my screen. what is my narrative btw? I'm not even sure what you're arguing.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
If it's true, then there's no hope for him because he just had a kid too...you'd think that would focus him to set the kid up for the future, financially. He hasn't made a dollar this year, now he won't next year.

GIFTS86

Reaction score
He obviously does not have any will power. So whatever. Beer is legal and weed is not shows how backwards the world is. So many deaths around beer and none around weed. But that's a whole other issue.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Every time these come out, though, they always are true.
You are correct. Just the same, some of these media guys are so anxious to be first with news that they do ocassionally jump the gun and report stuff that simply isn't true. Given that the league itself is not aware of this, the wait and see approach isn't unreasonable, IMO.

munkee

Reaction score
I was under the impression that weed was not addictive. I mean, that's what everyone says, right?

This is more of a mental illness problem, then a marijuana issue. If this is true, it is a tragedy. Like so many people, it appears that he is self medicating. I would be surprised if Gregory hasn't tried traditional anti-depressants/anti-anxiety medications and if so these medications have clearly not worked. I don't know what he is dealing with, but it does appear that he is having trouble just getting through the day. If marijuana helps him through that, then I'm happy he is able to find something that allows him to function in society. It is clearly at odds with an NFL career, which is the tragedy.

At this point, the Cowboys moving on from him is understandable. But even if they do have to cut him, I hope they still offer him support in future.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I'm sure this thread will go to 40 pages, but think about it. If Gregory had already failed another test and was going to be banned until 2018, he would already have been cut.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
uhh... I replied I did re-read your post, and that the "where" was where did you cover it. you didn't mention you edited your post so all I did was re-read the one that was still on my screen. what is my narrative btw? I'm not even sure what you're arguing.

If you can't read my second post in this thread and draw your own conclusions, then...

Your narrative is that he is an idiot, mine is that he should know better (again, second post)

Sorry I have to hold your hand...

remdak

Reaction score
I'm sure this thread will go to 40 pages, but think about it. If Gregory had already failed another test and was going to be banned until 2018, he would already have been cut.
I don't agree with this. He is not costing the team a roster spot and you know how loyal Jerry can be to players. Case in point - Josh Brent still has a job with the Cowboys as a scout. They are never in a hurry to cut players.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I did, where?

the boom or bust in him isn't smoking weed, it's the decision making.

nm... just saw you edited it.

I think it's equally stupid that weed is banned, and that players can't abide by the rules.

I didn't edit a single word in any post in this thread bro, only further delved into my point for the easily confused

BigD16

Reaction score
This is horrible if true. Somebody pinch me. I was full-bore in his corner. Hoping we would get him back for our postseason push.

Unbelievable. DE is a number one priority in draft and perhaps in free agency as well (not a tier one, but a tier 2 signing). It can't just be Tank on the outside.

Damnit, Gregory. Damnit, dude. If this is over weed, this is sickening that weed can destroy a player's career in the 21st century. Weed, folks.

You "get off muh lawn" folks need to realize, marijuana will be federally legal soon. We're losing a player to some weed. In two or three, maybe four years (our next general election) this guy wouldn't be drawing these suspensions.
I agree that I don't really see harm in smoking some grass. However, if you don't have the discipline to stay off of it to continue a career making millions, then I don't feel sorry for you at all.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
He obviously does not have any will power. So whatever. Beer is legal and weed is not shows how backwards the world is. So many deaths around beer and none around weed. But that's a whole other issue.

He needs to move to California now (just passed), or the other states that legalize it. I live in Oregon, so I'm good.