News: Gregory Failed Yet another Drug Test

RS12

Reaction score
Already serving two suspensions totaling 14 games for multiple violations of the NFL's drug policy, Cowboys defensive end Randy Gregory has reportedly failed another test.

The report of the latest failed test comes from NFL Network's Ian Rapoport and Mike Garafolo. The next punishment in line for Gregory could be a full year's ban from the NFL.

http://sportsday.***BANNED-URL***/d...er-drug-test-yearlong-ban-possible-punishment

RS12

Reaction score
Were people really counting on this guy? If so you should not have. 5 failed tests and zero sacks says it all.

DAL1180

Reaction score
This is horrible if true. Somebody pinch me. I was full-bore in his corner. Hoping we would get him back for our postseason push.

Unbelievable. DE is a number one priority in draft and perhaps in free agency as well (not a tier one, but a tier 2 signing). It can't just be Tank on the outside.

Damnit, Gregory. Damnit, dude. If this is over weed, this is sickening that weed can destroy a player's career in the 21st century. Weed, folks.

You "get off muh lawn" folks need to realize, marijuana will be federally legal soon. We're losing a player to some weed. In two or three, maybe four years (our next general election) this guy wouldn't be drawing these suspensions.
And the younger generation , the me,me,me generation need to understand that "weed" is a controlled substance for a reason. Legalizing it will lead to far worse problems.

waldoputty

Reaction score
it is on the nfl.com website but did also say that nfl has not be advised of failed test.
looks bad.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I don't agree with this. He is not costing the team a roster spot and you know how loyal Jerry can be to players. Case in point - Josh Brent still has a job with the Cowboys as a scout. They are never in a hurry to cut players.

Brent wasn't facing two years of absence from the playing field and was a guy they wanted to support emotionally for a variety of reasons. Also Brent wasn't a guy that broke the relevant rule/policy over and over again.

Reaction score
It's incredibly sad that some weed makes this phenom a "boom or bust pick"

All the while, it sucks that he can't stay off the herb for the sake of his career. I get it, he wants to smoke his herb, but he has to realize the NFL is a bunch of antiquated old geezers that still buy into the "reefer madness"... and for that reason alone, he should abstain. It's still so damn sad that fricking marijuana is destroying his career. In this "progressive" time.

This is so disappointing.
Based on his past, we're all assuming is marijuana but not seeing that specified.

If it is, I find it ridiculous too. I get it, it's a rule of the NFL that he found himself unable to follow but come on. The country, before our eyes, is migrating to legalizing it for medical and recreational purposes. For medical reason, there are endless studies that show its benefits. Now his career is most likely ruined for smoking pot....... something the NFL will probably allow in a year or two?? Crazy but heck....you were a criminal for having a drink in 1932 but miraculously there was nothing wrong with it the following year.

waldoputty

Reaction score
And the younger generation , the me,me,me generation need to understand that "weed" is a controlled substance for a reason. Legalizing it will lead to far worse problems.

whether it is a good idea or not, legalizing is happening all over the country.
it is a matter of time for the states.
the federal government, not so clear though.

i dont use any type of drugs myself.
but it is obvious what is happening in the overall big picture

Last edited:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score

Legalizing it is already happening. And let's not slander a whole generation, brother. Some of us have done more in our lives than the very generation you are a part of.

Meat-O-Rama

Vegetarians are so stupid.
Reaction score
Were people really counting on this guy? If so you should not have.

I was never counting on him, so much as hoping to get an nice bonus player towards the end of the season. It's still surprising to see someone be so stupid and blow an opportunity so many work so hard just to get a chance at.

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
No matter what one's opinion is on marijuana, it sucks to see this young man lose his potential over bad decisions

remdak

Reaction score
Brent wasn't facing two years of absence from the playing field and was a guy they wanted to support emotionally for a variety of reasons. Also Brent wasn't a guy that broke the relevant rule/policy over and over again.
I am not disagreeing with you about whether they should cut him, I just don't believe they will for the previously mentioned reasons.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Based on his past, we're all assuming is marijuana but not seeing that specified.

If it is, I find it ridiculous too. I get it, it's a rule of the NFL that he found himself unable to follow but come on. The country, before our eyes, is migrating to legalizing it for medical and recreational purposes. For medical reason, there are endless studies that show its benefits. Now his career is most likely ruined for smoking pot....... something the NFL will probably allow in a year or two?? Crazy but heck....you were a criminal for having a drink in 1932 but miraculously there was nothing wrong with it the following year.

Preach, brother.

Still, Gregory must know that this antiquated way of the NFL (that extends much further than just the reefer madness) can cause him to miss games, and therefore, he should abstain. As sad as it is. In the 21st century. It is what it is