Griffin III - 4.38

RS12

Reaction score
Hostile;4430079 said:
I firmly believe Cleveland ends up with him at the #2 spot.

I agree, unless Danny boy does a Ricky Williams trade.

Dmoore Esq

Reaction score
Hostile;4430079 said:

Living in Cleveland, and being forced to watch them on Sunday, I hope they sign Matt Flynn. I'd love for them to get Griffen, but Flynn probably gives you a better chance to win next season and you probably won't have to give up any picks for him.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Hostile;4430079 said:

Yeah, with 2 first rounders this year, the Browns have to be in the lead for him and it would be surprising if they don't end up with him.

He has alot of positives, so it would be hard for any team to avoid him if they need a QB. Any QB who had a choice between Baylor and Stanford like RG3 did should be respected not only cause of his speed, but the ability to process information quickly as a QB.

RG3's times are compared to Vick, but Baylor and Stanford would have called the police if Vick showed up on their campuses.

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
Risen Star;4429842 said:
He ran an unofficial 4.41 and 4.38 40 this morning. If that 4.38 holds up it will be the fastest ever for a QB.

WOW!

Maybe he is right !

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Deep_Freeze;4430113 said:
Yeah, with 2 first rounders this year, the Browns have to be in the lead for him and it would be surprising if they don't end up with him.

The Browns have more ammo, but the Commanders have more sack. It wouldn't shock me in the least if they put a package together than the Browns just don't want to beat.

Aven8

Reaction score
Anybody who can win the freaking Heisman trophy at Baylor of all places has to be good. Baylor and the game of football have never quite meshed.

If I were Cleveland I wouldn't even think about trading that pick, Colt sucks.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Commanders can move to that spot and give up a ton for it in picks. I think they will.

Also, still get the smaller pieces they need to get the job done.

I think most teams would give a 1st and 3rd for an older Tom Brady right now.

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
cobra;4430083 said:
Someone who runs a gimmick college spread offense does not translate into the NFL.

He doesn't have good size. He just avoided having terrible size. Strong arm and fast, yes. But it was a gimmick offense that caused his passing numbers. If you think his passing performance is elite, then you should want to draft Case Keenum because whatever you can point to as a passer production and skill set, Case can surpass Griffin.

I think Griffin deserves to be the second drafted QB. But what I can't stand is people acting like he in the same class as Luck or a better prospect than Luck because he ran a gimmick offense.

Any team drafting Griffin has to admit that he is being drafted as dual threat. There's no shame against admitting that. It's betting against history as far as success goes, but it is reasonable risk. What is silly is the attempt to argue that he is being drafted as a pure pocket passer when he never ran a pro offense.

What on earth are you arguing with me about? Reading comprehension is not your strong suit is it?

I feel the same way as you do, I would never take RG3 over Luck, I'd go Ricky Williams and get Luck if I am in charge.

Luck to me translates to a mobile Peyton Manning (he simply doesn't have the super gun of an arm to be John Elway)

RG3 looks and feels like Steve Young, a mobile dual threat who can run but is pass first and will take longer to hit his NFL stride. His best days as a passer won't be in year 1, 2 or 3. It'll be well beyond that.

Luck's issue, which I hate for him, is he is going to head to the 1989 version of the Dallas Cowboys, a team that is about to gut itself and have nothing but young players, changing systems completely, a rookie head coach, rookie GM, and unable to do much in FA this coming season. And they won't have a Hersel Walker trade to help them

RG3's issue will be how he adjusts to an NFL scheme. If he was white, we would be talking about how smart he is since he is a Baylor grad and has the option for law school. Sort of like how people were describing Sam Bradford as incredibly intelligent 2 years ago.

Both these kids I am excited about. Skill set wise, talent wise, moxie wise and character wise

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
cobra;4430016 said:
Yes, yes you are.

(Assuming you are drafting for a NFL team running an NFL offense with the goal of winning Super Bowls. If you are instead drafting a track team, or to sell jerseys or have a QB with lots of endorsements deal, then you might be on to something.)

I know, I know, Luck is great and a sure thing, the type of traditional NFL QB that brings with him success (and he's mobile enough), and all of that. I didn't say I *would* take RG3. I just said I would be tempted. I think he's more balanced than some of the athletic QBs who have come before him.

newlander

Reaction score
the dinks at NFL Network are slobbering all over Shanahan and conceding lil dan will get this kid. Jeebus I sure hope not for all our sake: physically he's a freak, but his interview with warner and mayock was superlative IMHO. OBVIOUSLY hope he ends up in the AFC..........

lwehlers

Reaction score
the browns need to go all in and trade there two ones and a second and a next years pick for griffin. the browns have been terrible for years this is there chance to get there team headed in the right direction.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
He has an excellent chance of turning into a star QB in the NFL. That being said I still question his durability, or more accurately his ability to respond after taking a hit. He has a habit of going into a shell after a couple good licks.

newlander

Reaction score
go ahead and merge this with existing thread on RG3....my bad. I hope hostile and lwehlers are right and he ends up in Cleveland: sure as hell would make me sleep easier: I'll be physically ill if he ends up in DC:bang2:

batman36

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4430413 said:
He has an excellent chance of turning into a star QB in the NFL. That being said I still question his durability, or more accurately his ability to respond after taking a hit. He has a habit of going into a shell after a couple good licks.

Oklahoma Sooner fan here. The Sooners hit him a number of times last season, and he kept responding. I wished that he would miss a play, or...eight! But it didn't happen. With eight seconds remaining, he threw the game winner. And this was after Frank Alexander and Ronnell Lewis had delivered good shots on him. Count me as one of the believers.

jnday

Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan;4430186 said:
What on earth are you arguing with me about? Reading comprehension is not your strong suit is it?

I feel the same way as you do, I would never take RG3 over Luck, I'd go Ricky Williams and get Luck if I am in charge.

Luck to me translates to a mobile Peyton Manning (he simply doesn't have the super gun of an arm to be John Elway)

RG3 looks and feels like Steve Young, a mobile dual threat who can run but is pass first and will take longer to hit his NFL stride. His best days as a passer won't be in year 1, 2 or 3. It'll be well beyond that.

Luck's issue, which I hate for him, is he is going to head to the 1989 version of the Dallas Cowboys, a team that is about to gut itself and have nothing but young players, changing systems completely, a rookie head coach, rookie GM, and unable to do much in FA this coming season. And they won't have a Hersel Walker trade to help them

RG3's issue will be how he adjusts to an NFL scheme. If he was white, we would be talking about how smart he is since he is a Baylor grad and has the option for law school. Sort of like how people were describing Sam Bradford as incredibly intelligent 2 years ago.

Both these kids I am excited about. Skill set wise, talent wise, moxie wise and character wise
Was there any reason to bring race into an otherwise good post ? I have not read a post that questioned how smart he is due to his skin color .

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Dmoore Esq;4430109 said:
Living in Cleveland, and being forced to watch them on Sunday, I hope they sign Matt Flynn. I'd love for them to get Griffen, but Flynn probably gives you a better chance to win next season and you probably won't have to give up any picks for him.
I don't care about Cleveland winning. I care about Washington not getting a QB to build around.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
lol, and I felt like an idiot when I was saying I'd draft him with our 1st round pick a while back. Little did I know we'd be talking 2nd overall.

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
Its true. Hos always liked Robert, so I'm not really sure where all the hate is coming from.

Anyways, I'm beyond happy for him. I asked him yesterday what he was going to run and he said: "That's in God's hands. I prayed for a 4.2 but we'll see."

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Hostile;4430079 said:

If everyone tells you he's a star in the making and someone else wants to give you the moon for him, you might have to ask yourself why you aren't as hot for him as everyone else.

Cleveland will screw it up. They'll trade for him following the age-old thought process that no player is worth turning down so much and then they'll spend the next decade wasting draft pick after draft pick trying to find a QB.