Guess who Irvin is reporting Big Bill is working out?...Quincy Carter

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Actually - Parcells gave a lot of information. You had to read through his comments - his sense of humor and tone.

A few examples -

Early on with Henson - it was aw come on, don't put his bust in Canton. That was laughed at but there was some seriousness to it. Thats how Parcells diggs.

And the whole QC/Chad camp it was classic - if you really listened to Parcells QC was going to be his QB, and towards end of camp with the "What is my role" Chad rant, it was obvious he disliked the BMOC Stanford jock act.

Read Parcells rules on priorities. Drew and Chad chose Baseball over Football, failed and rusty tail between legs to football.

He always killed Romo for being brash, out of control and needed to reign it in. Yet he'd drop a Moxie line in. He always liked Tony Romo.

I found Parcells press conferences must listens.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
jcollins28;2168474 said:
Not the darkest though, 84 through 88 where the worst IMO. Hogeboom and Pelluer. Just the mere mention of those names gives me the shakes.

88 was really bad, but at least the 84-86 teams were competitive and had ok records, inlcuding a division title...those teams still had a number of very good players too

the Quincy era was just an out an out embarrassment here...there's no comparison....I wasnt around for the expansion years, but there was nothing more hopeless in all my yrs of watching this team than the 2000 (after one game)-2003 Cowboys

David

Tovya

Reaction score
dbair1967;2169313 said:
88 was really bad, but at least the 84-86 teams were competitive and had ok records, inlcuding a division title...those teams still had a number of very good players too

the Quincy era was just an out an out embarrassment here...there's no comparison....I wasnt around for the expansion years, but there was nothing more hopeless in all my yrs of watching this team than the 2000 (after one game)-2003 Cowboys

David

I agree, I've said the same thing.

I was just a toddler when we won our second Superbowl, but our next 3 were recently in my mind during the early new millennium years. Those three 5-11 season were hard to swallow with the recent memory of the dominance of the big three still in my psyche.

lspain1

Reaction score
The really remarkable story will come if the Dolphins actually bring him in to camp as one of the eighty. Did Parcells work him out to encourage Quincy to continue to rebuild his life?.......It wouldn't surprise me.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
dbair1967;2169313 said:

David

2001 and 2002 have to be two of the absolute worst years this franchise has ever seen. I could never believe how many posters -- probably very young ones -- got so excited about that 2002 win over Carolina when Quincy hit Bryant for that late touchdown. The bigger picture is that those were two putrid football teams.

I'll never forget the sight of Jerry watching that game in his box with this very pensive, distressed look on his face... I'm convinced he was realizing right then that even if we won this game, this was a bad, bad football team that was a million miles from a Super Bowl, and he needed to make some major changes. Of course, later that year is when he hired Parcells.

jcblanco22

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2169350 said:
2001 and 2002 have to be two of the absolute worst years this franchise has ever seen. I could never believe how many posters -- probably very young ones -- got so excited about that 2002 win over Carolina when Quincy hit Bryant for that late touchdown. The bigger picture is that those were two putrid football teams.

I'll never forget the sight of Jerry watching that game in his box with this very pensive, distressed look on his face... I'm convinced he was realizing right then that even if we won this game, this was a bad, bad football team that was a million miles from a Super Bowl, and he needed to make some major changes. Of course, later that year is when he hired Parcells.

The first 57 minutes of that game were some of the most frustrating and putrid I've ever seen this team play on offense.

DallasFanSince86

Pessimism Sucks
Reaction score
dallasfaniac;2168203 said:
kotter.jpg

:lmao:

Priceless.

Tovya

Reaction score
Hostile;2169330 said:
Oh my gosh, I just realized, Q is a FOB (friend of Bill).

:lmao2:

What's sad is that the FOB crowd is getting real old, real fast.

Pretty soon all of his friends will either be drugged out, old, or injured...

Oh wait, that already happened didn't it? Never mind.

notherbob

Reaction score
As much as I chide QC, I really hope he gets his life together and makes a serious run at making it in the NFL. If he 's actually off the pot, it may not be too late but the shadow of his past will probably taint his chances. If he has reformed, I can see an incentive-laden basic contract but I certainly don't see any big signing bonus.

I was never a QC fan but I readily admit he did better in 2003 than I thought he would but for me he was frustrating to watch because he would do some things right and build up your hopes and expectations and then do something stupid that would dash them.

I saw some decent athletic ability but his egg always seemed scrambled.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Tovya;2169556 said:
What's sad is that the FOB crowd is getting real old, real fast.

Pretty soon all of his friends will either be drugged out, old, or injured...

Oh wait, that already happened didn't it? Never mind.

Hard to make that argument when he has FOBs like Barber, Witten, Romo out there.

BP can seriously draft solid players. He isnt gonna run out of FOBs for a good long while.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
notherbob;2169636 said:
As much as I chide QC, I really hope he gets his life together and makes a serious run at making it in the NFL. If he 's actually off the pot, it may not be too late but the shadow of his past will probably taint his chances. If he has reformed, I can see an incentive-laden basic contract but I certainly don't see any big signing bonus.

I was never a QC fan but I readily admit he did better in 2003 than I thought he would but for me he was frustrating to watch because he would do some things right and build up your hopes and expectations and then do something stupid that would dash them.

I saw some decent athletic ability but his egg always seemed scrambled.

For QC it has to be about getting a job, even at the minimum pay.
No matter what he makes it will be far more than he made in AFL2 or whatever other crap leagues he kept getting kicked out of.

I still think the guy needs mental help and then to admit he uses drugs to cover for his mood disorder.

notherbob

Reaction score
Nors;2169306 said:
Actually - Parcells gave a lot of information. You had to read through his comments - his sense of humor and tone.

A few examples -

Early on with Henson - it was aw come on, don't put his bust in Canton. That was laughed at but there was some seriousness to it. Thats how Parcells diggs.

And the whole QC/Chad camp it was classic - if you really listened to Parcells QC was going to be his QB, and towards end of camp with the "What is my role" Chad rant, it was obvious he disliked the BMOC Stanford jock act.

Read Parcells rules on priorities. Drew and Chad chose Baseball over Football, failed and rusty tail between legs to football.

That's pretty much how I felt about them, too. If football wasn't their first choice then I didn't think they could make it coming back to something they rejected before, especially after failing at the big money of baseball that they chose over football. I never thought either Chad would make and I didn't think QC would either. If football's not your top priority, you have little chance of making it in the NFL.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
jterrell;2169637 said:
Hard to make that argument when he has FOBs like Barber, Witten, Romo out there.

BP can seriously draft solid players. He isnt gonna run out of FOBs for a good long while.

he deserves alot of credit for helping rebuild this team...but he made alot of dumb decisions too, and got incredibly lucky a couple of other dumb decisions worked out (ie, drafting Al Johnson over Witten only to then have Witten fall in our lap in the 3rd rd)...and Jones overruled him on a couple other potentially stupid decisions, including drafting Newman 5th in 2003, drafting Ware instead of Spears in 2005 etc etc..

I was absolutely thrilled when we got him, but he was a huge let down as a coach...as a GM he was much better

David

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Quincy was never quite as bad as people liked to make him out. Not a great starter, mind you, (probably could make a case he was about the league's 22nd best QB when he was here) but he certainly could have played a while in this league as a journeyman backup. Laugh, but that's not a bad career.

With that said, having not played in the NFL in four years, having been cut by the CFL and AFL, and having some considerable character concerns, how could a down-and-out franchise like Miami really benefit from him?

He's almost 30 now, isn't he? He's not their future at QB. And is a guy with his character flaws really the guy you want backing up -- or, worse yet, mentoring -- youngsters Beck and Henne?

Best of luck to him if he's signed. But doesn't make much sense.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
RainMan;2169670 said:
Quincy was never quite as bad as people liked to make him out. Not a great starter, mind you, (probably could make a case he was about the league's 22nd best QB when he was here) but he certainly could have played a while in this league as a journeyman backup. Laugh, but that's not a bad career.

With that said, having not played in the NFL in four years, having been cut by the CFL and AFL, and having some considerable character concerns, how could a down-and-out franchise like Miami really benefit from him?

He's almost 30 now, isn't he? He's not their future at QB. And is a guy with his character flaws really the guy you want backing up -- or, worse yet, mentoring -- youngsters Beck and Henne?

Best of luck to him if he's signed. But doesn't make much sense.
I don't think he has a prayer of making their team. McCown, Beck, and Henne will be their 3 QBs.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;2169313 said:

David

What are you talking about - 2003 QC playoff team was as fun a season as I can remember. That 5-11 3 season run preceding Parcells was JJ/Lacewell DRIVEN CLEARLY.

Parcells cleaned it all up quick.

UVAwahoos

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;2169669 said:
he deserves alot of credit for helping rebuild this team...but he made alot of dumb decisions too, and got incredibly lucky a couple of other dumb decisions worked out (ie, drafting Al Johnson over Witten only to then have Witten fall in our lap in the 3rd rd)...and Jones overruled him on a couple other potentially stupid decisions, including drafting Newman 5th in 2003, drafting Ware instead of Spears in 2005 etc etc..

I was absolutely thrilled when we got him, but he was a huge let down as a coach...as a GM he was much better

David

Didn't realize that turning a perpetual 5-11 team into a playoff team in just one season was considered a "letdown".

I guess every fan base its share of drama queens, unforunately. :rolleyes:

joseephuss

Reaction score
Nors;2169306 said:

A few examples -

He always killed Romo for being brash, out of control and needed to reign it in. Yet he'd drop a Moxie line in. He always liked Tony Romo.

According to you Drew Bledsoe Parcells' QB and was going to play 5 years in Dallas and win multiple Superbowls securing his place in the Hall of Fame. If that happened Romo would never have been a starter in Dallas.