Guess who Irvin is reporting Big Bill is working out?...Quincy Carter

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
notherbob;2168373 said:
Why not, Quincy plays QB on a high level...QC is so high he can dunk a basketball sitting down...Once QC finally learned how to throw a sprial, he could even put a spiral on a joint when passing it. But, seriously, folks, I can understand the interest in QC, after all, there's a lot of people new to Miami on the club and somebody has to teach them to roll a joint right - proper etiquette in Miami. You wouldn't want these wealthy newcomers to commit a social faux pas.

I probably should cut him some slack for humanitarian reasons but it's just that he's so easy to pick on.

If this were their worry, they would have kept Ricky Williams around.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
Sometimes jokes on this forum make me feel young.

I literally had no clue what that picture meant.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
stealth;2168388 said:
Sometimes jokes on this forum make me feel young.

I literally had no clue what that picture meant.
TV Show was called "Welcome Back Kotter." Mr. Kotter, the teacher, returned to his Brooklyn roots to try and teach some unruly boys who caleld themselves "The Sweathogs."

notherbob

Reaction score
Velvet Jones;2168378 said:
If this were their worry, they would have kept Ricky Williams around.

Well, if his football goes stays sour, he could enlist in the USAF and become a bongadier.
:rolleyes:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Will Quincy Carter make it all the way back to the NFL?

12:21 PM Thu, Jul 31, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Jean-Jacques Taylor E-mail News tips

When I hung up the phone with Quincy Carter several weeks ago, I didn't figure he'd have another chance at an NFL career.

I did, however, think he'd have an opportunity to live a productive life. That hasn't always been the case.

It turns out I'm not the only one who has seen Carter make some positive changes in his life. He has a workout with the Miami Dolphins scheduled for today.

Who knows whether it will lead to a roster spot. That's not really important. The tryout means Carter has progressed enough in his drug addiction - let's call it what it is - that an NFL team is actually considering him for employment.

During our 30-minute conversion, Carter told me he was about to sign with the Kansas City Brigade of the Arena Football League.

More important, he took real responsibility for the mistakes he has made to ruin his career.

He talked about going to rehab and working hard to understand why he had a dependence on marijuana. He talked about the guidance and help he had received from John Lucas and Thomas Henderson, the former Cowboys' linebacker.

He even talked about the three months he spent in a halfway house. At the time, this what he said about his chances of playing in the NFL.

"We've sent letters to all 32 teams. I'm just waiting to hear something," he said. "If it happens, it happens. Either way, I'm going to be fine."

Let's hope so.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2168394 said:
TV Show was called "Welcome Back Kotter." Mr. Kotter, the teacher, returned to his Brooklyn roots to try and teach some unruly boys who caleld themselves "The Sweathogs."

it was a comedy or a drama?

cowboys2233

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2168403 said:
Will Quincy Carter make it all the way back to the NFL?

12:21 PM Thu, Jul 31, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Jean-Jacques Taylor E-mail News tips

He talked about going to rehab and working hard to understand why he had a dependence on marijuana. He talked about the guidance and help he had received from John Lucas and Thomas Henderson, the former Cowboys' linebacker.

Hopefully, he works it out. I don't think he's good enough to be a starter in the NFL, but NFL second-stringers make a hell of a lot more money than starting QBs in the Arena league. Man, I hope we never see the Quincy/Hutch/Hambone days again though! Those were some dark times for Cowboys fans.

jcollins28

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2168420 said:
Hopefully, he works it out. I don't think he's good enough to be a starter in the NFL, but NFL second-stringers make a hell of a lot more money than starting QBs in the Arena league. Man, I hope we never see the Quincy/Hutch/Hambone days again though! Those were some dark times for Cowboys fans.

Not the darkest though, 84 through 88 where the worst IMO. Hogeboom and Pelluer. Just the mere mention of those names gives me the shakes.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
jcollins28;2168474 said:
Not the darkest though, 84 through 88 where the worst IMO. Hogeboom and Pelluer. Just the mere mention of those names gives me the shakes.

Then stop talking about them you are giving me the shakes. :lmao2:

You are right those 2 were just as bad. At times they would look great and you would get the feeling they were about to turn the corner then throw some bone head pass and cost us games.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
A lotta jokes here. I'd love to see the guy get another chance. He's sabotaged his life long enough. He has the skills to play on this level. That should be obvious to anyone. If he's developed healthy coping skills then he should be ok whether NFL or not.

1fisher

Reaction score
:eek: Dolphins work out former Cowboys QB Quincy Carter
Posted 32m ago | Comment | Recommend E-mail | Save | Print |

DAVIE, Fla. (AP) — The Miami Dolphins drew another name from the past of Bill Parcells on Thursday, working out former Dallas Cowboys quarterback Quincy Carter.
But Dolphins coach Tony Sparano said the workout is merely an evaluation of Carter, an arena league quarterback who started for the Cowboys and New York Jets before poor play and drug-related arrests ended his NFL career.

"We're just going to keep turning over, flipping over stones and bringing in a lot of people," Sparano said. "And it probably won't change for two to three years. Quincy is here and we will have a workout with Quincy."

Sparano said he's been pleased with all three quarterbacks currently on the roster - Josh McCown, John Beck and rookie Chad Henne - and Carter's workout is not a sign the team wants to move away from them.

"I have been pleased with the quarterbacks, and I think the competition is really good," Sparano said. "It just means we have to make sure we're doing our due diligence on what's available."

Carter was dismissed by the Cowboys in 2004 - a team coached by Parcells, now vice president of football operations for Miami. Carter's understanding of the Dolphins' offense would seem to make him a good fit in Miami, which has struggled to get consistent quarterback play in training camp.

The Associated Press

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
1fisher;2168552 said:
:eek: Dolphins work out former Cowboys QB Quincy Carter
Posted 32m ago | Comment | Recommend E-mail | Save | Print |

DAVIE, Fla. (AP) — The Miami Dolphins drew another name from the past of Bill Parcells on Thursday, working out former Dallas Cowboys quarterback Quincy Carter.
But Dolphins coach Tony Sparano said the workout is merely an evaluation of Carter, an arena league quarterback who started for the Cowboys and New York Jets before poor play and drug-related arrests ended his NFL career.

"We're just going to keep turning over, flipping over stones and bringing in a lot of people," Sparano said. "And it probably won't change for two to three years. Quincy is here and we will have a workout with Quincy."

Sparano said he's been pleased with all three quarterbacks currently on the roster - Josh McCown, John Beck and rookie Chad Henne - and Carter's workout is not a sign the team wants to move away from them.

"I have been pleased with the quarterbacks, and I think the competition is really good," Sparano said. "It just means we have to make sure we're doing our due diligence on what's available."

Carter was dismissed by the Cowboys in 2004 - a team coached by Parcells, now vice president of football operations for Miami. Carter's understanding of the Dolphins' offense would seem to make him a good fit in Miami, which has struggled to get consistent quarterback play in training camp.

The Associated Press

Mmm-k. Which is it?

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
1fisher;2168765 said:
you can tell by those statements made by Sparano that parcells has coached him well...

:D

Didn't Parcells write the book on coach speak? Wasn't it titled "How To Say Everything Without Saying Anything"?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2167134 said:
At first I thought Mike was kidding, but he swears he has very solid sources in Miami... I can't even say it... I'll let someone else post it....

All I have to say is

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Man b--bs is certifiable.

He's lost it.

He will leave Miami a crumbling team full of "his guys" who are too old or injured or both.
His mind would seem like a scary place: He wakes up one day and says, let me see, let me get rid of our best (albeit old) defensive player (Taylor) and bring in Glenn, Quincy and other castoffs.

Maybe he hates the Miami owner and is taking revenge for some real of perceived slight in the past.

Can't figure out Man B--bs. He must be crazy. Why would he be making moves like this???????

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2169016 said:
Man b--bs is certifiable.

He's lost it.

He will leave Miami a crumbling team full of "his guys" who are too old or injured or both.
His mind would seem like a scary place: He wakes up one day and says, let me see, let me get rid of our best (albeit old) defensive player (Taylor) and bring in Glenn, Quincy and other castoffs.

Maybe he hates the Miami owner and is taking revenge for some real of perceived slight in the past.

Can't figure out Man B--bs. He must be crazy. Why would he be making moves like this???????

While bringing in Carter might be a dumb decision, he didn't exactly leave Dallas a crumbling team full of "his guys". Left the cupboard pretty well stocked I'd say.

Now with Carter this doesn't make much sense, but there is a reason coaches bring in guys they've been associated with in the past. They are guys that buy into what the coach teaches and will carry that forward to the new team. It doesn't just happen with Parcells, it happens with any coach. Payton churned through a few Cowboys down in NO.

I'll never understand the Parcells hate. I won't argue it was time for him to go, but this was a perennial 5-11 team before he showed up.