Guess who Irvin is reporting Big Bill is working out?...Quincy Carter

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nors;2167598 said:
I was right - we should have traded that second round Pick BUST Peterman for Law back in 2005 era. He only went on to have another 20 picks since then.

Where is Peterman these days?

Hate is a nasty thing, Saw 6.:eek:

No you were WRONG. You claimed that the cowboys were in works for a trade for Ty Law...don't try to change it up now.

SkinsSuck09

Reaction score
Wow, Might as well be the Dallas Dolphins! I know Gen is going to end up there too, after all he misses being called "SHE", Geez Tuna....Can't you find other people from other teams that want to play for you.

aikemirv

Reaction score
It was a cool Decmeber day in 2001. I had received free tickets to watch the Cowboys vs the Commanders at Fed EX field. I would never have believed I could get tickets to that stadium, much less free ones. To beat it all they were loge seats in the endzone. Catered food, bathroom within 10 steps. I could hardly believe my luck.

I had been to Cowboy games in Cleveland in the late 80's early 90's before the glory years. I had been to Philly, NY Giants (twice) and also Atlanta to watch the boys play. It was never when they were good. In short, my brother and I had never seen the Cowboys win in person.

This day, my brother was not there, I owed some friends a favor and left my brother at home.

Quincy was the starter that day. His stats were modest but I remember him coming through in the clutch, hitting Rocket Ismael for a 63 yard TD pass and coverting a few 3rd down plays. I thought he had something that day sitting there in my glory in enemy territory.

Turns out he did not have anything but I will never forget the day that I realized that I was not the jinx on my Cowboys, IT WAS MY BROTHER!!!!!!

Mash

Reaction score
I allways liked Carter.....

He had the tools to play in this league but messed up real bad with his attitude and bad decisions off the field.

The season which he started and helped the Cowboys go to the playoffs was one of the most enjoyable seasons Ive watched the cowboys have in the last decade.

The werent a very talented team and they overachieved and IMHO....I thought the circumstances Carter was in......he played pretty well....considering he had a different offensive system evey year he was here.

I hope Carter does get his act together and makes the dolphins squad......

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2167802 said:
No you were WRONG. You claimed that the cowboys were in works for a trade for Ty Law...don't try to change it up now.
That is exactly what he claimed and it was a lie.

COWBOYSNUM1

Reaction score
DOLPHINS CONSIDERING QUINCY?

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 31, 2008, 8:56 a.m.

If Michael Irvin knows what he’s talking about, the Dolphins are even more desperate for a quarterback than anyone realized.

Irvin, the Hall of Fame wide receiver, reported on his radio show that former Cowboys and Jets quarterback Quincy Carter will be in Davie, Florida, this week for a workout with the Dolphins.

Dolphins front office boss Bill Parcells has experience working with Carter, although not necessarily positive experience: Parcells was the Cowboys’ coach when Dallas dumped Carter following a failed drug test. After that Carter caught on briefly with the Jets and then struggled through stints with the Canadian Football League and af2, which is the minor league of Arena Football.

But Carter doesn’t see his drug problems as an impediment to getting back into the NFL — and he even mentioned a player who could be a future teammate in explaining why he thinks he deserves another chance.

“I see Ricky Williams playing again,” Carter told the Palm Beach Post before he checked into a rehab facility in December. “I only failed one test. Ricky failed about five or six.”

Of course, the difference between Williams and Carter is that Williams is a much better football player than Carter. Players with Williams’ talent get multiple chances. It would be extremely surprising if Parcells gives Carter another chance.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
COWBOYSNUM1;2167939 said:
“I see Ricky Williams playing again,” Carter told the Palm Beach Post before he checked into a rehab facility in December. “I only failed one test. Ricky failed about five or six.”

A pet peeve of mine is when someone points at someone else to try and make themselves not look so bad.

A Murderer said:
Sure I killed 50 people, but I wasn't responsible for the millions that died in World War II!
:enough:

sago1

Reaction score
I thought they have been several incidents in last few years between Carter & whichever team he was playing on--missed practices, using illegal substances, etc. I'd be shocked if Tuna was going to throw his record of wanting good players with good character out the window.

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
You know, I really didn't think Q was that bad. Was he great or the future of the team? Certainly not. But, he did "drive the bus." In his first year as a full-time starter, he threw for more than 3,300 yards and 17 TDs. The bad part of his stats that years was his 56.6 completion percentage and the 21 INTs. By no means am I comparing him to Aikman, but Troy threw for more than that just once in his career.

I think he does have the skills to be a decent option at QB, but he needs to let the powder go.

On another note, I don't think I'd want Ricky "Puff" Williams to be and advocate for me. Just saying.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
Sometimes teams work out a player as a courtesy to the player.

Maybe this is one of those.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Nors;2167386 said:
qc took Dallas to playoffs.

This wast a looksie to see where his head was/is

and to bust jj's chops - jmo

I fail to see how giving Quincy a try out is busting JJ's chops. I really see no relation there.

jcblanco22

Reaction score
the DoNkEy PuNcH;2167978 said:
You know, I really didn't think Q was that bad. Was he great or the future of the team? Certainly not. But, he did "drive the bus." In his first year as a full-time starter, he threw for more than 3,300 yards and 17 TDs. The bad part of his stats that years was his 56.6 completion percentage and the 21 INTs. By no means am I comparing him to Aikman, but Troy threw for more than that just once in his career.

I think he does have the skills to be a decent option at QB, but he needs to let the powder go.

On another note, I don't think I'd want Ricky "Puff" Williams to be and advocate for me. Just saying.

In reality, he wasn't that bad, at least not in 2003. Also often forgotten is that Carter had apparently worked his butt off during the offseason leading up to the 2004 campaign. He had dropped some more pounds and added muscle, spent endless hours watching film at Valley Ranch, etc. all that offseason. That's what made his actions that lead to his subsequent release all the more maddening.

Irrespective of his terrible personal decisions, his playing ability was not as suspect as a lot of the posts imply. As someone stated previously, his 2003 campaign was decent, certainly not terrific considering he throw more INTs than TDs, but decent nonetheless. He was a middle-of-the-pack guy that year, certainly better than guys with more pedigree that were starting at the time like Harrington and even Mr. No. 1 overall pick David Carr.

Carter also did not do himself any favors with the fans, Jones, and even some of the media with is actions at that Arizona game in 2002 when he refused to go with called plays and ended up throwing the 4 INTs, the last one in the end zone if I recall correctly, before getting yanked.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
I wish Quincy the best of luck. I never did care for him but he surpassed my expectations in 03, although I didn't think he would work his way out of the NFL so quickly. In my book he will never be a starting calliber QB, but I guess he can be a bus driver.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Nors;2167598 said:
I was right - we should have traded that second round Pick BUST Peterman for Law back in 2005 era. He only went on to have another 20 picks since then.

Where is Peterman these days?

Hate is a nasty thing, Saw 6.:eek:

That is wrong. Law had 10 INTs in 2005, 4 in 2006 and 2 in 2007. That is 16 total, not 20.

The 10 INTs that Law had in 2005 were for the 4-12 Jets who were so impressed that they let him go to the Chiefs the next season. The Chiefs were one of the few teams that had any interest in acquiring Law's services at that time.

And what is your point about Peterman? It did not take long before the vast majority of Cowboys' fans thought Peterman was a bust that would not amount to anything.

Why trade for Law at all during that time? He was a free agent before the 2005 season and before the 2006 season.

aikemirv

Reaction score
By the way.

Qunicy was a better QB than what the Vikings are putting on the field - by far!

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
aikemirv;2168090 said:
By the way.

Qunicy was a better QB than what the Vikings are putting on the field - by far!

....and Quincy may be better than our ex-Viking backup QB is now.