Twitter: Guyton thinks the NFL needs better Refs

stinkface

Reaction score
Him throwing up his hands like he did nothing wrong is a sure sign he thought he did something wrong. Pretty obvious the refs noticed.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
A couple of the hold calls were questionable, but I could see them going either way.

However, one of the called holds did not seem like a hold. It was a block and the rusher seemed to trip over another lineman's feet and Guyton landed on top of him.

That facemask penalty on the Giants (unless I missed something) should have been on the Cowboys.

There was pass interference on both teams that were not called.

I think the referees were really bad tonight, but I don't think it was completely one-sided .. just tilted in the Giants favor.
Some of the inside rushes where he ended up falling on the guy were close.
Guyton has got to learn to get his right arm out of there to avoid a hold. Hooking the right arm is the difference between a pancake and a tackle.

Redline360

Reaction score
Well we all agree...

He's had a couple iffy calls the last two weeks. Don't blame him feeling frustrated but he hasn't looked all that great either.

Parsons gets held way worse on every play then what he's got flagged for

Smith22

Reaction score
Guy looks like a scrub out there and is already whining about the refs, he‘s a natural. He’ll fit perfectly with the Jerry Jones Cowboys.
Hard disagree. His positives are his feet and agility for a guy his size.

He just needs to work on his hand placement and technique. I think he will develop into a good one.

His draft profile coming out was that he would need a year or so to develop.

John813

Reaction score
Wrong thing to say out in the open.

Dude has struggled. Refs will watch him more. Similar to Connor Williams and Tyler Smith at LT.

If his hands get outside of the shoulder pads the refs may just start thinking he's holding.
He had a tough matchup last night and seemed to be 1v1 on most passing downs.

Last edited:

stinkface

Reaction score
Right now he has a problem with quickness and needs to get stronger. Think he will certainly get better. Giants have some good edge pass rushers.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Or maybe, just maybe, he is young and growing into the position.
You been watching for the last 30 years? I like the player. He is talented. This though was very stupid and unbecoming of a rookie that just got worked.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
He is an awful awful player right now.
No, he's a rookie who has never played LT and has been going against some top tier defensive linemen. This season will be valuable live reps for him. He'll bulk up this off-season, improve his technique, and hopefully be what we all envisioned when we drafted him. Anyone who thought he would come in and just dominate right away has never watched football.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Totally agree if you watch film people hold Micah a lot worse than guyton held anybody he was on and off them quickly
When they hold on to Micah it's like something out of a wrestling match and they get away with it all the time.
That said guyton needs some time in the weight room he needs to build some upper body strength
He needs to learn how to “punch” with his hands. He wastes all that arm length by catching and letting them into his body. He’s not strong enough at this point get in those battle with most of the quality he regularly faces.

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
Parsons got MULTIPLE calls tonight and some in other games and y'all are still with that false narrative? Jeez. Stay victimized, my friends. Lol.

To be fair to Guyton, the play where the defender used a rip move I didn't think was a hold.
was looking for your input on that, was thinking the same on that one holding call

cmoney23

Reaction score
A couple of the hold calls were questionable, but I could see them going either way.

However, one of the called holds did not seem like a hold. It was a block and the rusher seemed to trip over another lineman's feet and Guyton landed on top of him.

That facemask penalty on the Giants (unless I missed something) should have been on the Cowboys.

There was pass interference on both teams that were not called.

I think the referees were really bad tonight, but I don't think it was completely one-sided .. just tilted in the Giants favor.
This!

MyFairLady

Reaction score
LOL that guy was getting beat inside like a red headed step child. Just be better fool. Apologies to anyone out there with red hair.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
If I was a ref and I saw his foolish tweet I would be watching him like a hawk from now on. The man gets beat over and over and clearly holds then has the nerve to throw the refs under the bus. truly pathetic.