Twitter: Guyton thinks the NFL needs better Refs

Kingofholland

Reaction score
A couple of the hold calls were questionable, but I could see them going either way.

However, one of the called holds did not seem like a hold. It was a block and the rusher seemed to trip over another lineman's feet and Guyton landed on top of him.

That facemask penalty on the Giants (unless I missed something) should have been on the Cowboys.

There was pass interference on both teams that were not called.

I think the referees were really bad tonight, but I don't think it was completely one-sided .. just tilted in the Giants favor.
The challenge for Guyton is once you get a rep for holding the refs start assuming you're holding anything on the edge.

Blackrain

Reaction score
2 Holding Penalties called on Guyton were kind of iffy. I feel Guyton's frustrations.
Totally agree if you watch film people hold Micah a lot worse than guyton held anybody he was on and off them quickly
When they hold on to Micah it's like something out of a wrestling match and they get away with it all the time.
That said guyton needs some time in the weight room he needs to build some upper body strength

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I mean both can be true. Guyton can be better but the NFL refs are junk and nothing more than NBA refs with how they love the spotlight and to control outcomes of games. Guyton is spot on. There was a hold called on him where the lineman fell down and Guyton was barely touching him. NFL players love to flop and sell calls these days.

Meanwhile on the other side of the ball, anything under manslaughter is allowed against Parsons. Sure, the refs usually throw a flag on a meaningless play to have it show up on the stat sheet against Parsons. And I am not even a fan of the guy but it's obvious how often he is held.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He needs to move his feet and develop some upper body strength so he can punch the rusher. He just seems kinda light up top. That was Tyron's best asset was his dominating upper body strength. Those arms were like sledge hammers.

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
A couple of the hold calls were questionable, but I could see them going either way.

However, one of the called holds did not seem like a hold. It was a block and the rusher seemed to trip over another lineman's feet and Guyton landed on top of him.

That facemask penalty on the Giants (unless I missed something) should have been on the Cowboys.

There was pass interference on both teams that were not called.

I think the referees were really bad tonight, but I don't think it was completely one-sided .. just tilted in the Giants favor.
Horrible officiating all the way around,,, collosal ineptitude or agendas on parade, most likely the latter because that's what it always is.

Tussinman

Reaction score
He was terrible tonight. Even Sham & Babe were ripping him.
Quarter of the way through the season and he has like 6 penalties and 5 sacks allowed. Refs aren't doing him any favors, but he isn't exactly doing any himself. Hopefully TJ watt doesn't have a field day next week

Last edited:

Wilson

Reaction score
It was predictable that holding penalties would be a problem going into the season. We have two rookie offensive linemen. My concern was just how bad it would be and how long it would take to clean it up. Well, it's worse than I thought. The penalties seem to come at critical moments. And it doesn't seem to be getting better three weeks into the season.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Parsons got MULTIPLE calls tonight and some in other games and y'all are still with that false narrative? Jeez. Stay victimized, my friends. Lol.

To be fair to Guyton, the play where the defender used a rip move I didn't think was a hold.
simmer down, we get it, you are mad we won

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Guyton simply needs to be better. Do the refs need to be better too? Sure, it that’s not going to happen. The thing that gets forgotten is that these officials watch film too to identify tendencies of each player to watch for. Guyton has out out a lot of bad tape so far and shows a tendency to get caught reaching and hold guys when he’s beat. He’s in the Connor Williams territory from a few years ago where officials are going to hit him with those borderline calls until he puts together a couple weeks of better play. It’s not always fair that officials factor in past performance to dictate calls but it’s the reality of it.