Hardy admonished by Cowboys for comments about Tom Brady's wife

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
I like that Jason doesn't want them running their traps to the media. I doesn't do anything but fire up the other team. Go out and prove how good you are on game day.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
NFL players aren't allowed to make jokes or make levidity of the situation. Doing so is unacceptable!

Dude I'm not trying to bash the guy - after all my profile statement is directly about Hardy and how excited I am to see him play for the 'Boys - but wisdom is knowing when to not say something. Some individuals are incapable of controlling what exits the hole in their face and Hardy has a reputation of being one of those people. It isn't a crime but as a Dallas Cowboy everything he says is going to be amplified.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
Eventually Garret's comments will be construed as offensive to grass fields. And as a side note the income inequality of those that paint NFL field lines as opposed to those that own the teams will become a rallying cry.

this is actually pretty funny :muttley:

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
So, he wants some hot women to come watch him play and that is a no-no? :confused:

no joke...he said a supermodel, who makes millions because shes hot....was hot. and he said he hoped a hot chick would be there...and hoped the hot chicks hot sister would be there.

EVEN IF they can claim this is "objectifying women" Giselle has NO PROBLEM making MILLIONS by being an object lol

RunDMC

Reaction score
Dude I'm not trying to bash the guy - after all my profile statement is directly about Hardy and how excited I am to see him play for the 'Boys - but wisdom is knowing when to not say something. Some individuals are incapable of controlling what exits the hole in their face and Hardy has a reputation of being one of those people. It isn't a crime but as a Dallas Cowboys everything he says is going to be amplified.

Yeah Hardy should watch every little thing that comes out of his mouth for fear he may get killed by the media because what they say or write has a direct result on the games on Sunday.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
It is not just the media. Faux social outrage is a big deal now. Everyone gets in on it to appear tuned in like they deeply care about social issues. They know it sells to the fake national consciousness in our culture.

To the point of destroying lives.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
It is not just the media. Faux social outrage is a big deal now. Everyone gets in on it to appear tuned in like they deeply care about social issues. They know it sells to the fake national consciousness in our culture.

I agree. I guess my take was right now Cowboys do not need the added attention. Garrett addressed it and ready to move on but the Dallas Cowboys unlike a lot of teams draws a lot of attention good and bad no need to add to the mix

canters

Reaction score
Garrett and Rod would be better served to instruct Hardy that he lives in a fishbowl called the Dallas Cowboys and to engage his brain before he speaks. He need not appease the media and tell them what was said to Hardy or even anything was said.

Also, I do check and read Pro Football Talk on a daily basis but this site and pushed among the hardest of any media site for Hardy to be punished. At time I dislike Florio very much so.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Yeah Hardy should watch every little thing that comes out of his mouth for fear he may get killed by the media because what they say or write has a direct result on the games on Sunday.

Comes with the territory which is why Garrett had to tell another grown man to shut up.

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score

Most faux social outrage or as I call it "twitterage" has a life span of approximately 48 hours before the collective attention of the unenlightened turns to the next thing to be outraged about.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Seriously one of the dumbest things I've seen people get upset over.

Him using the phrase Guns blazing? Really? WTH? People have been using this phrase my entire life about every little thing under the sun. So stupid that someone wants to cry about it.

And just because he may or may not have had an issue with his ex-girlfriend that turned out physical means he can't say anything about women ever again?

I don't know if he did what they said he did, or what was going on in that situation, so it's probably not right to simply assume he beat her up and all that. I know that in the court of public opinion he's guilty regardless, and that's just how it goes.

RunDMC

Reaction score
I have less respect for Garrett and the Cowboys now because of their actions. They defined themselves, and not in a positive way IMO.

Yeah the Dallas Cowboys are not allowed to make mistakes. They're supposed to be flawless. What a piece of **** franchise.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Yeah the Dallas Cowboys are not allowed to make mistakes. They're supposed to be flawless. What a piece of **** franchise.

When they admit their mistake and apologize, I'll reconsider.

RunDMC

Reaction score
The next Charles Haley. I love it.

I certainly hope not. Haley's craziness absolutely destroyed the Cowboys locker room in the 90's and we can't have Hardy doing the same thing. Let's cut our losses! Like Randle he is not an elite talent and not worth the headache. We're all crying for more sacks and Hardy only managed 16 in 2013!

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Everybody including Hardy himself knew much scrutiny there would be in his return this week. Given that he just lost an entire season of his NFL career to allegations of domestic violence, the smart play would have been keeping his comments constrained to the game against NE.

He chose to diverge off that path and talk about the opposing QB's wife and her sister.

If nothing else, I think we learned Hardy isn't the smartest tool in the shed.

No, I think we learned that he doesn't give a flying fig about what the media thinks.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I certainly hope not. Haley's craziness absolutely destroyed the Cowboys locker room in the 90's and we can't have Hardy doing the same thing. Let's cut our losses! Like Randle he is not an elite talent and not worth the headache. We're all crying for more sacks and Hardy only managed 16 in 2013!

I don't think anyone is suggesting Hardy be cut. Your going to the extreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.