Harris: Durde had a strong interview, is a legit contender for DC

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
Damn, people want young and innovative until there’s a possibility of young and innovative then they want to squat to pee. Seattle amongst others were interested… maybe, just maybe he’s a better choice than all these rehashes and has beens!
Problem is we've had him on staff for years. What has he shown that actually is innovative? We get gashed vs good teams. We want young and innovative plus actual results. Is that him?

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Someone's suggested, I think reasonably, that perhaps the idea is to hire someone like Zimmer or Rivera as a "senior advisor," and a younger guy as the actual DC.

Sounds very much plausible to me. Kinda like Kiffin was that one year.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Someone's suggested, I think reasonably, that perhaps the idea is to hire someone like Zimmer or Rivera as a "senior advisor," and a younger guy as the actual DC.

I BET HE DID, HE'S THE GREAT ONE YEAR RENTAL!!!

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Durde will run Quinns system and so its right up Jerrys alley. Not much will change scheme wise. It adds up.
Damn, people want young and innovative until there’s a possibility of young and innovative then they want to squat to pee. Seattle amongst others were interested… maybe, just maybe he’s a better choice than all these rehashes and has beens!
It seems like the players need a new voice...it feels like anybody already on staff will just keep doing what they've been doing.

Can we have another team's young and innovative coach...

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
No. He's a definite to "relate" to today's players.

It's now the most important attribute.
I understand what you're trying to get at it here, eg trying to contrast how people would say folks like Zimmer can't relate because of what he looks like. But what you're actually saying is pretty bad and the exact thing you are trying criticize. That is, it's not a color thing but every time you make this dumb joke, it becomes one.

People say Zimmer can't relate to today's players because he is abrasive and that old school, 'tough love' approach rubs youth the wrong way. Its been proven time and time again that Zimmer wears on people. It's not a color thing. It's a 'kids today don't want to be treated like crap' thing.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
They will because they can get rid of him quickly
I doubt the cowboys plan is get someone who we can get rid of quickly. They want McCarthy to be successful, 1) because it makes them look good and 2) because if he is then the team is

No matter who they hire at coordinator if the team fails they’ll get rid of quickly