Harris: Durde had a strong interview, is a legit contender for DC

Rayman70

Reaction score
Plot twist. During the interview , he slips and we find out he's actually from Chicago and has been faking the British accent all along.
worse yet, hes Dutch.
R.4556cad3e99dfbe499527fa318a94f9b

exciter

Reaction score
Problem is we've had him on staff for years. What has he shown that actually is innovative? We get gashed vs good teams. We want young and innovative plus actual results. Is that him?
Lol, defense has been top 10 3 consecutive seasons. They were 16th vs run this season at 112 yards per game. Sandwiched between KC 17th 113 and Buffalo 15th 110. The Ravens who everyone seems to think is the gold standard were 14th at 109. The Bears were 1st at 89. We were 5th vs the pass at 187 in large part because of the pressure from the Dline!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It seems like the players need a new voice...it feels like anybody already on staff will just keep doing what they've been doing.

Can we have another team's young and innovative coach...
My biggest fear right here!!! Time to do something new

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
Lol, defense has been top 10 3 consecutive seasons. They were 16th vs run this season at 112 yards per game. Sandwiched between KC 17th 113 and Buffalo 15th 110. The Ravens who everyone seems to think is the gold standard were 14th at 109. The Bears were 1st at 89. We were 5th vs the pass at 187 in large part because of the pressure from the Dline!
Good points!

exciter

Reaction score
It seems like the players need a new voice...it feels like anybody already on staff will just keep doing what they've been doing.

Can we have another team's young and innovative coach...
Except they’re thinking they can and are wanting to win now so it’s someone familiar with the scheme and existing players or hiring someone else and telling them to run a scheme they’re not familiar with because were not spending 2 or 3 seasons acquiring and developing players that fit their scheme!

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think Jerry might surprise us and go young the longer this drags out. Zim is no slam dunk.

Cowboys93

Reaction score
I’m for it. Let the young guy inject some fresh ideas into our coaching philosophy

_sturt_

Reaction score
Ah yes who can forget those London Warrior battles with the Scottish Dragons.
I hear that, but I think I chose my words accurately and fairly enough... having had the job and having had to settle into some routines and wrestle with some strategies at whatever level is plausibly a better thing than being a total newbie to the work... there's some frame of reference to build on... the processes involved are familiar.

Bagman

Reaction score
Durde will run Quinns system and so its right up Jerrys alley. Not much will change scheme wise. It adds up.
Great. Yippee. That's not what we need. We need wholesale schematic changes. Watching teams WRs and RBs get embarrassingly wide open against our defense SCREAMS scheme change. Yes, we need some new personnel but we REALLY need a new vision.