Harris: Durde had a strong interview, is a legit contender for DC

bdk76

Reaction score
Thanks!

I think going young is fine, personally i would focus on someone who can stop the run.
Most DC's can stop the run if they have the personnel. We don't have the players on D to consistently do this.

phildadon86

Reaction score
How do you guys know so much about football coaches?
Well I know right? How can the FO that you never go after have gotten players and coaches wrong the last 28 years. It can’t be correct because Jerry and his son are qualified football people who know what they are doing right?

Here’s a little news flash for you. While fans may not know everything, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to realize this teams LB play and run defense has been bad for the last 5 years. Hiring the guy from the DL that helped aid in the last 3 of those years doesn’t seem like a great idea. Especially since he has never had do come up with a defensive scheme or call a game in his life.

So why don’t you tell us how wrong we are and how the cowboys are close and they will be a contender this year and all of the other nonsense you spew.

Loso86

Reaction score
I would say it doesn't make sense to bring in a first time coordinator to learn on the job in a make it or break it "all in" year but this is Jerry's Cowboys. We never make much it also wouldn't be smart to

I would say it doesn't make sense to bring in a first time coordinator to learn on the job in a make it or break it "all in" year but this is Jerry's Cowboys. We never make much sense.
It also wouldn't be smart to bring in a completely new defense in an ALL IN year

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Once again, JJ paints himself in a corner telling everyone that the hire is going to be a "home run" hire. If he would actually hire Durde, his claim looks foolish.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Once again, JJ paints himself in a corner telling everyone that the hire is going to be a "home run" hire. If he would actually hire Durde, his claim looks foolish.
If he could just shut his mouth he wouldn't look as foolish.
Jerry is a brilliant business man, he bought the Cowboys realizing that no matter what he says the general fan base would always buy into it.

Nav22

Reaction score
I would say it doesn't make sense to bring in a first time coordinator to learn on the job in a make it or break it "all in" year but this is Jerry's Cowboys. We never make much sense.
LOL! This is a joke, right?

All I've been reading on this board is how upset everyone is about the "old retreats" like Zimmer and Rivera being the top DC options...

And now that a "young and innovative" option is being considered, that's the stupid line of thinking that everyone hates now?

Proof that the bozos here just LOVE to complain, about anything and everything.
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
We are really scrapping the bottom of the barrel. This is not a young and innovative coach. You guys are delusional and buying Jerry's used goods pitch again. This is not the solution.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
Can someone explain to me what's innovative about our dline? Dude can't even develop a DT right and we want him overseeing the entire defense. This move will most certainly lock Micah into a full time de role which is awful.

phildadon86

Reaction score
LOL! This is a joke, right?

All I've been reading on this board is how upset everyone is about the "old retreats" like Zimmer and Rivera being the top DC options...

And now that a "young and innovative" option is being considered, that's the stupid line of thinking that everyone hates now?

Proof that the bozos here just LOVE to complain, about anything and everything.
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
I dont think that is the issue. The issue I take with hiring a DC with no experience at game planning, calling a game, developing a scheme etc, in a HC last year of contract is without saying it. Jerry is saying this is a throwaway year. Now this is how it looks prior to FA and the draft but thats the optics of it. If they are waiting to bring in someone who is young but has experience there are 2 teams in the SB whos coaching trees have succeeded in the NFL and would know how to scheme against our biggest competition next year in San Francisco.

I take offense to this mainly because I want my mom to witness a SB with me and she doesnt have throwaway years left.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Jerry hates change. You can bank on a DQ holdover hire.

Creeper

Reaction score
Durde is being mentioned as a possible candidate for the Seahawks DC job too. Is Jerry trying to keep him from moving on by offering him a shot at the DC job in Dallas?

As the DL coach, is he the one responsible for making Mazi shed 30 lbs in the middle of the season?

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Jerry wants to hire a footballer from England since he gets to host some of the World Cup

blueblood70

Reaction score
Durde will run Quinns system and so its right up Jerrys alley. Not much will change scheme wise. It adds up.
That doesn't make sense to me he would just have promoted al Harris or went after Joe wit super hard instead of allowing him to walk away... You all realize that every time one of these posts are made it's all just an opinion it's rumor people are making their own judgment of what that means that he was interviewed they're also interviewing that guy from Miami he sounds like a good option as well or maybe he's making sure when he's interviewing these guys for DC that he's talking to them about what their role would be here if they wanted to stay here with the new hire which is typically probably most likely going to be a seasoned vet...

I just feel like every time one of these posts are made everyone starts just having their minds just run everywhere with what it means... Miami also interviewed this guy I believe so he's not off everyone's radar some reason he's been interviewed outside of here and the Cowboys are doing their due diligence you remember one of our members starting a post that he thinks only interviewing 3 guys is not enough and he thinks Jerry Jones is a joke I believe they've interviewed about 7 now... Some in person some on the phone you know doing the zoom thing but now we've done about 7 is everyone happy now they're doing their due diligence but now everyone's saying it's a cover up...​
I don't get it either the fans are unhappy because they don't interview enough people and they don't interview any young talent but now they think that they're just doing it to cover up what their real intentions were just to make fans happy and let me give you a little tidbit Jerry Jones is not doing anything that's fan driven...​
That's pretty obvious they're not thinking about us when they're getting players or coaches I'm sorry but you all really think that then you all have some Big egos they're literally trying to find the best options and I'm betting like people think that's not happening I'm hearing rumors that Mike McCarthy does have some say that they're including him in on these interviews so at least there's that... So now you have with the Jerry Jones family might want you have will mcclay who has input here you have Mike McCarthy so they're interviewing a lot more people than they probably thought they would because they're listening to their people...​