Harrison Smith chokes Lamb out of bounds. No flag

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm with you both on this. I have the video and just watched it multiple times live and the reverse angle replay. Smith made a violent (legal) tackle to the neck area with one of his arms and then held on as they slid out of bounds. People are paying attention to Smith's right arm in the live shot but that arm comes off Lamb and he's actually holding Lamb with his left arm. The arm wasn't stuck but neither was he choking Lamb either. If Lamb was uncomfortable, he might have gotten pinched somewhere between his body and his pads or just got his neck in a weird position (reverse angle shows this) as Smith continued to hold on, especially since Lamb reacted pretty instantly (guessing). It was not a choke. Smith could have let go sooner but it's not a foul. Just "extra stuff" like you see on a lot of plays.
I deleted the recording, so I'll have to take your word for it at this point...but are you sure he wasn't just trying to stop CeeDee from waving at him?;)

Big_D

Reaction score
He should be fined for this. I would even talk suspension. It’s bush league garbage cause he got beat. Got beat all game. Even with Cedric making him look ridiculous which was beautiful. Even better that he did it again!

Zman5

Reaction score
In the video, you can see Gregory going toward them and yelling. Th ref was right there and didn't do anything. :facepalm:

Harrison Smith is a dirty player. He got flagged for putting his hand on Jarwins eyes to blind him.

CBfaninWV9

Reaction score
One of the topics in the fan zone right now is called "sideline sounds". Theres a clip of ceedee talking to a teammate, maybe cooper, and he says something to the effect that he was being choked and was rightly upset about it. So, yeah, I think all the evidence points to that fact it was no accident.

JBond

Reaction score
Posted my thoughts and what should have happened. Poof... thread gone. Teammates stand up for each other. Hope that is more appropriate and Zone approved.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Why do you people complain about the refs? Makes no sense to me. There is NO conspiracy against the Cowboys. None.

Refs make bad calls, they miss calls, thats just life. They do it for everyone.

They do it for everyone?? Hahahahahaha. That was a good one. And the fact you actually believe this leads me to believe your head is buried in the sand. Do you even watch these games?

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I don't know why it seems like the refs call pathetic calls on the Cowboys at the worst times. I mean I don't know what it is...they literally called Gregory for some crap and then the next play LVE does it even worse and they don't call anything. Just weird.

And this is why comparing penalty stats at the end if worthless. Context and when these calls were made is 100x more important. And what does not show up on that penalty sheet is the sheer amounts of calls the opposing team gets away with.

It is 100% fact that these refs call the games different for us than they do our opponents. You can not watch the games and dispute this.

This is one of the reasons I even hesitate even getting excited about games and our season. I just know down the line, that yellow flag is going to be thrown for some ticky tack junk on a crucial drive for us. While the other teams gets away with that and much more all game.

The NFL refs are as dirty and scum as the NBA refs. Both refs love to make their appearance and influence the game.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
In the video, you can see Gregory going toward them and yelling. Th ref was right there and didn't do anything. :facepalm:

Harrison Smith is a dirty player. He got flagged for putting his hand on Jarwins eyes to blind him.

Typical refs and the NFL. They fine CeeDee for waving goodbye. Yet they don't care for the safety of their players. Bunch of fools the run this league.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Harrison Smith was clearly trying to choke or hurt CeeDee.

Let's stop trying to be politically correct or nice about this. Call it for what it is. The jerk was trying to hurt CeeDee. He had plenty of time to let go as soon as they hit the ground way out of bounds, but instead, Smith doubled down and started putting a choke hold and pulling back on CeeDee's neck/throat.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And this is why comparing penalty stats at the end if worthless. Context and when these calls were made is 100x more important. And what does not show up on that penalty sheet is the sheer amounts of calls the opposing team gets away with.

It is 100% fact that these refs call the games different for us than they do our opponents. You can not watch the games and dispute this.

This is one of the reasons I even hesitate even getting excited about games and our season. I just know down the line, that yellow flag is going to be thrown for some ticky tack junk on a crucial drive for us. While the other teams gets away with that and much more all game.

The NFL refs are as dirty and scum as the NBA refs. Both refs love to make their appearance and influence the game.
Yeah I mean I don’t know how people can keep ignoring the refs when it’s the timing of when they make bad calls. It’s just embarrassing. And the NFL likes it because they have so many chances to get a call right.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Yeah I mean I don’t know how people can keep ignoring the refs when it’s the timing of when they make bad calls. It’s just embarrassing. And the NFL likes it because they have so many chances to get a call right.

Yep! It was blatant in our last 2 games. We got called for a lot of junk, especially at crucial times against NE. The roughing call on Cousins this week that extended the drive? Then 2 more personal foul calls. Half a football field on penalties alone. When do we ever benefit from these or weak roughing calls on Dak? I have seen Dak get beat up, especially to the head and nada.

Some people like to stand on their high horse and act like if they don't talk about the refs, it makes them better.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yep! It was blatant in our last 2 games. We got called for a lot of junk, especially at crucial times against NE. The roughing call on Cousins this week that extended the drive? Then 2 more personal foul calls. Half a football field on penalties alone. When do we ever benefit from these or weak roughing calls on Dak? I have seen Dak get beat up, especially to the head and nada.

Some people like to stand on their high horse and act like if they don't talk about the refs, it makes them better.
Aye at least we keep the same energy win or loss. Some people only complain after a loss. Nah we won but that was some bad officiating.

Blackspider214

Reaction score

Funny how nothing was done about that. Or the hard shove after the play/game ended in NE that happened to Lamb. But he gets fined for waving after he gets up and he gets fined every week for stuff.

Now to all those who say these refs call the games the same way for us and our opponent, please explain this...

davey999

Reaction score
Another time when I wish Erik Williams played on this team. There would have been a brawl.