Harrison Smith chokes Lamb out of bounds. No flag

CWR

Reaction score
I know there are always missed calls and 50/50 calls, but I was really surprised this MMA move didn’t draw a flag. Anybody got a clip?

I bet Lamb gets fined for having his Jersey untucked during the play.

Saw it when it happened and blew up the game thread with almost curse words. @^#&$&#

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Look intentional. Looks like the defense was pissed. So why not choke him out. Tucking his shirt and low socks are a part of the rule. But choking is not. So he got away with it.

Yes your right. The refs are biased and predictable.

Once I knew that the Vikings needed do score. The refs would have reared it's ugly head to try and get a win for the Viking.

Sure enough, flags kept flying against the Cowboys.

Very predictable.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I get that. The way i was using systemic is to represent the state of officiating. Some of us watch a lot of other games besides the Cowboys and it’s odd that certain teams get the lions share of penalties.

Case in point, the Raiders have gone through a dozen coaches and hundreds of different players in the last 35 years yet they are continually leading the league in penalties. I could say the same about other teams as well. But what irks me is that the packers, Steelers, giants and patriots seem to get a fraction of the penalties other teams get........so the bias isn’t just a Cowboys issue.

Up until 2 years ago officiating and new ticky tack rules were the worst thing about the NFL.....now it something worse

Certain teams get penalties because they are undisciplined. Not because the NFL is out to get them.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Certain teams get penalties because they are undisciplined. Not because the NFL is out to get them.
Can you imagine or do you think it’s possible that some refs, as individuals, could be biased against certain teams, coaches, and or players?

Or there’s no way?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Can you imagine or do you think it’s possible that some refs, as individuals, could be biased against certain teams, coaches, and or players?

Or there’s no way?

There is no conspiracy. Laughable.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That’s clearly not what I asked you.

Do you understand the difference between a conspiracy and an individual being biased?

You are clearly changing the subject to try and find an angle. Not buying it.

There is no conspiracy. NONE

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
You are clearly changing the subject to try and find an angle. Not buying it.

There is no conspiracy. NONE
Could a ref be biased? Is that possible?

Your answer is yes. And that’s what we are discussing. Whether there was bias or simply incompetence.

You must participate. It is a requirement on this site.

No wait. I’m wrong. You don’t have to participate after all. :)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm watching the game again right now, and the angle they showed on one replay makes it pretty clear the defender's arm got stuck between CeeDee's facemask and shoulder pads. I haven't heard CeeDee complain about it. I didn't even see him say anything to the guy when they got up.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That should have been a penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct even if Smith didn't mean it. He held Lamb down by the neck after the play was over and out of bounds. It was at least as flagrant as Gregory's bump, but I'm guessing that the officials didn't notice the chokehold.

BTW. great pass by Wilson on the run.
Unsportsmanlike conduct is by definition intentional.

CWR

Reaction score
I'm watching the game again right now, and the angle they showed on one replay makes it pretty clear the defender's arm got stuck between CeeDee's facemask and shoulder pads. I haven't heard CeeDee complain about it. I didn't even see him say anything to the guy when they got up.

Ah maybe that's all it was. It looked pretty terrible at the time. That does explain CD not being furious.

CWR

Reaction score

Na man I retract my prior statement. I've seen it now multiple times. Dude was frustrated and tried to choke CD out. Unbelievable garbage move by Smith. He probably won't even be fined, let alone a flag.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Eh I have to imagine there is more to this than what we see. If Smith really tried to choke Lamb I have to imagine there would have been an all our brawl taking place on the field. Very well could have been his arm getting stuck, or its a situation where it looks worse on camera than it really was. Lamb seemed upset after the play, but not just got choked out upset.

I'm with you both on this. I have the video and just watched it multiple times live and the reverse angle replay. Smith made a violent (legal) tackle to the neck area with one of his arms and then held on as they slid out of bounds. People are paying attention to Smith's right arm in the live shot but that arm comes off Lamb and he's actually holding Lamb with his left arm. The arm wasn't stuck but neither was he choking Lamb either. If Lamb was uncomfortable, he might have gotten pinched somewhere between his body and his pads or just got his neck in a weird position (reverse angle shows this) as Smith continued to hold on, especially since Lamb reacted pretty instantly (guessing). It was not a choke. Smith could have let go sooner but it's not a foul. Just "extra stuff" like you see on a lot of plays.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Why do you people complain about the refs? Makes no sense to me. There is NO conspiracy against the Cowboys. None.

Refs make bad calls, they miss calls, thats just life. They do it for everyone.

Like my Tar Heels board talking about the refs, no the ref just did not give up the 91 yards reverse field TD by ND, that is called bad D and no speed on D. Ref did not cause that.