Has Dak Peaked?

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
By who? The media? His publicists?

I bet GMs and pro scouts dont think this behind the scenes. Journalists quoting unnamed "nfl sources" doeant count. Also there is a culture among NFL front offices that they will not dish other teams players when talking to the media as it damages the league.

I was speaking to a Seahawks fan the other day and asked him what he thinks the plan is at QB now that Wilson is gone. He said he has no idea. I asked him if he would take Prescott and his answer was 'hell no'.

Dak is not as well thought of as the Dak fans here try to make us believe

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If I remember correctly the post season poll here came in at over 80% in the 'Dak sucks' camp.

I bet there are very few of these experts putting together their rankings which you mention, who have watched Dak more than most of us have.

None of your experts seemed to rank Dak very high coming into the draft.

You are right about one thing. There is a small percentage of this fanbase who are just ignorant.

The proud 20%ers.
Nobody has ever accused this fanbase of being smart especially on this site…..prime example? You using a poll on a site full of trolls to determine how good a player is. You can’t make this up lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I was speaking to a Seahawks fan the other day and asked him what he thinks the plan is at QB now that Wilson is gone. He said he has no idea. I asked him if he would take Prescott and his answer was 'hell no'.

Dak is not as well thought of as the Dak fans here try to make us believe
Every fanbase has their resident idiots…..his quarterback is Drew Lock and he’s saying “hell no” to Dak lol?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
……to be fair, we should include the same ones during the Romo era. Sigs of Rom injured, fumbling or sacked were plentiful. But like you said, they are in the minority but I believe they should always have a voices here unless this place turns into Fakebook or Twatter where free speech is dead.

that’s why there is an ignore feature……which I have chosen to never use.
Oh I agree. I’m not saying take their voice away. I’m just saying people should take what that is as a grain of salt. You have certain guys on this site who are fans of NFC East rivals parading as Cowboy fans, some trolling for enjoyment….no different than the Romo hater crew.

acr731

Reaction score
Every fanbase has their resident idiots…..his quarterback is Drew Lock and he’s saying “hell no” to Dak lol?

Say Dak ended up being traded to Seattle next month...... is Dak an upgrade or a downgrade from Russell Wilson? Does Dak guarantee Seattle a shot at a long playoff run?

Even you can't be so jaded that you think Dak is an upgrade over Wilson. If you do, then well, there's no help for you.

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Say Dak ended up being traded to Seattle next month...... is Dak an upgrade or a downgrade from Russell Wilson? Does Dak guarantee Seattle a shot at a long playoff run?

Even you can't you can't be so jaded that you think Dak is an upgrade over Wilson. If you do, then well, there's no help for you.
Dak was better than Russ last year but that’s irrelevant. His quarterback is Drew Lock and he’s saying hell no to Dak?

shabazz

Reaction score
Oh I agree. I’m not saying take their voice away. I’m just saying people should take what that is as a grain of salt. You have certain guys on this site who are fans of NFC East rivals parading as Cowboy fans, some trolling for enjoyment….no different than the Romo hater crew.

The only issue I have is lumping any critique of Romo or Dak into the group we have been talking about. I think too many of the teams issues got blamed on both qbs, but that just the nature of the beast.

I was mostly referring to the other poster who was calling them trolls. I know you’re not looking to stifle opinion.

acr731

Reaction score
Dak was better than Russ last year but that’s irrelevant. His quarterback is Drew Lock and he’s saying hell no to Dak?

The point was Dak is not as well thought of outside of north Texas as some CZ members want us to believe. But hey, lets focus on a Dak vs. Drew Lock debate instead.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Nobody has ever accused this fanbase of being smart especially on this site…..prime example? You using a poll on a site full of trolls to determine how good a player is. You can’t make this up lol.

Sure bro. How many people responded to that poll? Your position is that 80% of the respondents are trolls?

You're also saying that the DC fanbase is, as a rule, less intelligent than any other fanbase?

Just think about that for second.

lol

You can't make this up.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The only issue I have is lumping any critique of Romo or Dak into the group we have been talking about. I think too many of the teams issues got blamed on both qbs, but that just the nature of the beast.

I was mostly referring to the other poster who was calling them trolls. I know you’re not looking to stifle opinion.
There’s constructive criticism and there’s what some of these guys do which is nothing informative or constructive….it’s all agenda based.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The point was Dak is not as well thought of outside of north Texas as some CZ members want us to believe. But hey, lets focus on a Dak vs. Drew Lock debate instead.
All I’m saying is you were probably talking to a idiot if he’s saying he’d take Lock over Prescott. His opinion is irrelevant.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Sure bro. How many people responded to that poll? Your position is that 80% of the respondents are trolls?

You're also saying that the DC fanbase is, as a rule, less intelligent than any other fanbase?

Just think about that for second.

lol

You can't make this up.
Oh most definitely….this site has some of the biggest idiots in the fanbase. Nobody serious is using a “poll” to determine how good someone is it’s moronic.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Oh most definitely….this site has some of the biggest idiots in the fanbase. Nobody serious is using a “poll” to determine how good someone is it’s moronic.

You couldn't back this statement up to save the lives of every person you love. Pure agenda driven conjecture.

and also....

You yourself are using a poll of those you identify as experts.

You should take the blinders off. You're missing a whole lot that exists outside your tunnel vision perspective.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You couldn't back this statement up to save the lives of every person you love. Pure agenda driven conjecture.

and also....

You yourself are using a poll of those you identify as experts.

You should take the blinders off. You're missing a whole lot that exists outside your tunnel vision perspective.
I’m arguing with some of you guys that Nate Sudfeld is a winner and Dan Marino is a loser because he doesn’t have a ring…I can back the claim there are idiots on this site for sure.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Like I said earlier, I looked up those third and long stats because I remember it not being a death sentence. So I figured I'd check my memory.

I went through the play by play of Tony's last full season as a starter to see how he did in this category. I'm glad to see my memory hasn't betrayed me. Here's Tony's totals for that year-

20/58, 35%

I think it's notable that he went 4/7 in converting those downs against SEA, who had the #1 defense that year and won the NFCCG, which included a 3rd and 20 conversion to Williams for 23 yards on the final go ahead TD drive.

Witten, Dez, and TWilliams accounted for 15 of the 20 conversions with 6, 5, and 4 respectively. Beasley, Escobar, and Harris had 1 each. Dunbar had 2.

I can see an apologetic when comparing with 2021 as the oline being better in 2014. That's a reasonable take. I don't know if it's 20 percentage points better, but it's better. However, when you're getting into 3rd and long, QBs have to create their own time quite often.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I’m arguing with some of you guys that Nate Sudfeld is a winner and Dan Marino is a loser because he doesn’t have a ring…I can back the claim there are idiots on this site for sure.
Nah, you're twisting comments into things they weren't intended to say, taking them to an extreme, then presenting that inaccurate and extreme viewpoint as reality.

You did it right here by reducing your original statement down from, 'DC fans are dumber than most' to, "there are idiots on this site". Goalposts moving left and right and up and down and all around.

Classic rocyaice. This is how you roll.

Interesting there is no mea culpa for being critical of using a poll, while using a poll yourself.

You're something else bro.

You can't even back up the first sentence in the post I quoted in this response. Well.... not without some serious goalpost moving anyways.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Nah, you're twisting comments into things they weren't intended to say, taking them to an extreme, then presenting that inaccurate and extreme viewpoint as reality.

You did it right here by reducing your original statement down from, 'DC fans are dumber than most' to, "there are idiots on this site". Goalposts moving left and right and up and down and all around.

Classic rocyaice. This is how you roll.

Interesting there is no mea culpa for being critical of using a poll, while using a poll yourself.

You're something else bro.

You can't even back up the first sentence in the post I quoted in this response. Well.... not without some serious goalpost moving anyways.
Classic troll job….nice try but you can’t make me take the bait….