Has Micah done enough to be the highest paid defensive player?

kskboys

Reaction score
He’s a top a top 5 pass rusher, but he's not the best pass rusher in the league
Garrett, Bosa, Hutchinson, TJ Watt, Brian Burns. And then you have the interior rushers in guys like Chris Jones, Jeffrey Simmons, and the aging Heyward. Top 5 is a stretch, but he could be headed there. Gotta get the late season blues out of his game first.

Proof

Reaction score
He’s a top a top 5 pass rusher, but he's not the best pass rusher in the league
he's not the best DE, but he is the best pass rusher in the league imo. Arguments can be made of course, but he's the guy.

Proof

Reaction score
Garrett, Bosa, Hutchinson, TJ Watt, Brian Burns. And then you have the interior rushers in guys like Chris Jones, Jeffrey Simmons, and the aging Heyward. Top 5 is a stretch, but he could be headed there. Gotta get the late season blues out of his game first.
it's micah, bosa, garrett and watt. brian burns? lol you can argue top five wrt most complete defensive players, but get those other guys out of the convo for pass rusher. the stretch is including them. every one of micah's seasons is better than everyone of hutch's.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Micah needs to be used better. To start with, having him battle massive LTs is dumb. It will indeed wear him out. Also they need to watch the number of snaps he gets. That was the problem with Deware; they did not do that.

And do not give me this crap about him deciding how many snaps he gets. He is a player; they follow the coaches orders or they hit the road. As bad as Jerry has been at times, that is something I seriously doubt he would over ride the coaches on.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Go watch the Green Bay playoff game again.
One game??? ( I hear you trust me) Let's tie it all together though, to me he's nowhere near the best player on defense to set any market because of many games in the season

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
A pile of players in NFL history have flared brightly then flamed out. To be considered tops, which equals top pay, a player needs to prove he can do it for a few years, game in and game out. Figure out why Micah flares brightly in the beginning of a season, but towards the end is not nearly as effective, and then remedy the issue. Having him rush from the DE position like his hair's on fire every play isn't working all season. Fix it. Micah prolly won't like it because the answer will have him using his head more.
Uhhhh you have me on cloud 9 buddy!!! Perfectly said!!

kskboys

Reaction score
it's micah, bosa, garrett and watt. brian burns? lol you can argue top five wrt most complete defensive players, but get those other guys out of the convo for pass rusher. the stretch is including them. every one of micah's seasons is better than everyone of hutch's.
It's not.

When you add in "lol", you really don't sound as if you know much.

It's quite amusing that you don't even know who Brian Burns is. Counting sacks is a weak way to compare players.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He gets to the QB, he makes you game plan for him, you must know where he is on the field. Does he do enough otherwise to impact the game to be the highest paid? Or at this point does any of this even matter, he's going to get his money either way?? Please give your thoughts
He didn't impact the GB game. Thats the litmus test .......not the Giants in September.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lack of understanding NFL football.
And seeing some great play and not realizing that there's a lot more to the game than just sack numbers. KSK, I'd be fine on 3rd downs he actually got enough pressure that it disrupted the QBS throwing progression.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He didn't impact the GB game. Thats the litmus test .......not the Giants in September.
I just said this to someone, IMPACTING the game, doesn't do it at all, but people make it seem like he does. You're great, be great, but don't make excuses and talk as if you're unstoppable

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The simple answer is "no", Micah hasn't done enough yet to get that big payday.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just said this to someone, IMPACTING the game, doesn't do it at all, but people make it seem like he does. You're great, be great, but don't make excuses and talk as if you're unstoppable
There is just something about him. He just doesn't seem like a "team guy" or a "win at all costs" guy. He seems to be more of a self-promoter and into his own brand. IMO, aside from more talent, he is very much like Jaylon Smith.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There is just something about him. He just doesn't seem like a "team guy" or a "win at all costs" guy. He seems to be more of a self-promoter and into his own brand. IMO, aside from more talent, he is very much like Jaylon Smith.
At least we know how he is before the mega deal

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At least we know how he is before the mega deal
I'm not sure Micah is getting the megadeal from us. I think he has shot himself in the foot with his performance against GB combined with his abscence from all the offseason team activities. We have new DC and Micah has spoken 20 words to him by his count. If we can unload him for a pile of draft picks, why not?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm not sure Micah is getting the megadeal from us. I think he has shot himself in the foot with his performance against GB combined with his abscence from all the offseason team activities. We have new DC and Micah has spoken 20 words to him by his count. If we can unload him for a pile of draft picks, why not?
Well maybe not this year, if he goes out and has 12 sacks we can't resist it lol