Has Micah done enough to be the highest paid defensive player?

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
Micah needs to be used better. To start with, having him battle massive LTs is dumb. It will indeed wear him out. Also they need to watch the number of snaps he gets. That was the problem with Deware; they did not do that.

And do not give me this crap about him deciding how many snaps he gets. He is a player; they follow the coaches orders or they hit the road. As bad as Jerry has been at times, that is something I seriously doubt he would over ride the coaches on.
Jason Taylor played with his hand in the dirt at 245 he didn’t get worn down. Maybe Micah needs to get in better shape? Maybe he needs to learn how to pace himself?

His snap counts aren’t out of line with other defenders either.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Jason Taylor played with his hand in the dirt at 245 he didn’t get worn down. Maybe Micah needs to get in better shape? Maybe he needs to learn how to pace himself?

I don't see how he's so tired, he was a year two player that was tired. Like who the hell says this stuff?? Maybe if he'd stop SUMO wrestling and stuff he'd have more energy

Proof

Reaction score
It's not.

When you add in "lol", you really don't sound as if you know much.

It's quite amusing that you don't even know who Brian Burns is. Counting sacks is a weak way to compare players.
oh sorry, the LOL was to emphasize how ridiculous your claim was. Who says I don’t know who Brian Burns is?

And yeah sacks is a pretty excellent way to measure pass rushing, one of the best actually, but sure… if you prefer we can use literally every other pass rushing metric there is in which micah is at the top of the list.

But please go on extolling the rest of our lack of football knowledge.

Do me a favor. Google best pass rushers in the NFL and show me any that don’t have micah in the top 5 and any that have Brian Burns

Proof

Reaction score

taylor has 3 double digit sack seasons in a 15 year career. micah has that in a 3 year career

knock it off

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
taylor has 3 double digit sack seasons in a 15 year career. micah has that in a 3 year career

knock it off
Jason Taylor is in the HOF. And he had 6 years with double digits and has a defensive player of the year award. Not sure what you’re looking at.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TaylJa03.htm

Maxx Crosby plays at 255 and doesn’t get worn down. Hassan Reddick 250, doesn’t get worn down. Fact is Parsons isnt playing the wrong position and he isn’t playing too many snaps,he’s not in good enough shape.

Proof

Reaction score
Jason Taylor is in the HOF. And he had 6 years with double digits and has a defensive player of the year award. Not sure what you’re looking at.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TaylJa03.htm

Maxx Crosby plays at 255 and doesn’t get worn down. Hassan Reddick 250, doesn’t get worn down. Fact is Parsons isnt playing the wrong position and he isn’t playing too many snaps,he’s not in good enough shape.
was looking at the same page and not sure how the hell i miscounted lol. obviously taylor’s a stud, my point though was micah is handily out producing him thus far so it’s not really fair to compare the two and say taylor didn’t fade.

Crosby is a good example though

DuncanIso

Reaction score
He gets to the QB, he makes you game plan for him, you must know where he is on the field. Does he do enough otherwise to impact the game to be the highest paid? Or at this point does any of this even matter, he's going to get his money either way?? Please give your thoughts
Yes.

He’s earned it.

His speed is what makes him so great.

Once that goes..and it will….he is not so great.

Jerry wants a ROI.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Yes.

He’s earned it.

His speed is what makes him so great.

Once that goes..and it will….he is not so great.

Jerry wants a ROI.
His speed is part of the problem, what good is it for a player of his caliber to run up the field on every play just about especially on run plays thinking it's a pass play and leaving lanes to run through

Praxit

Reaction score
..well if not, then close. The man gets pressure almost every time he rushes.

Sad part, he has disappeared in the playoffs.

Bagman

Reaction score
No, he hasn't done enough to deserve highest paid status. The highest paid defender in the NFL should ELEVATE HIMSELF AND HIS TEAM in the biggest and brightest moments. In fact, Micah has done the opposite. He slows down as the season progresses and is a non factor in playoff games. I love Parsons and root for him every play he's out on the field but he's just not there yet.

TheCritic

Reaction score
He gets to the QB, he makes you game plan for him, you must know where he is on the field. Does he do enough otherwise to impact the game to be the highest paid? Or at this point does any of this even matter, he's going to get his money either way?? Please give your thoughts
Nope, not even close. I am desperate to see him traded!!

ICP

Reaction score
Nah, he needs to talk less and show up regularly after game 11 or the season

bigE79

Reaction score
1st half of season definitely,2nd half not so much.

Chasing6

Reaction score

Not sure Taylor was constantly being double and triple teamed.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
After the way he played in the gb wc game, I would say no he doesnt,
Same for lamb
Same for dak''

No matter what they do in reg season, it will be playoffs that tell the tale.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Micah needs to be used better. To start with, having him battle massive LTs is dumb. It will indeed wear him out. Also they need to watch the number of snaps he gets. That was the problem with Deware; they did not do that.

And do not give me this crap about him deciding how many snaps he gets. He is a player; they follow the coaches orders or they hit the road. As bad as Jerry has been at times, that is something I seriously doubt he would over ride the coaches on.
jerry would over ride anything he felt like needed to be done.
MM is a puppet so he just follows jerrys orders.

Chasing6

Reaction score
After the way he played in the gb wc game, I would say no he doesnt,
Same for lamb
Same for dak''

No matter what they do in reg season, it will be playoffs that tell the tale.
And what has GM Jethro done to make the team better? If anything you can argue he has made it significantly worse.

Not only did he let numerous FA's walk, he basically added no one of real value in FA. Seems like we did pretty well in the draft. Time will tell.

On top of that he has isolated our current triplets of Dak, CD and Micah.

It all starts at the Top.