Has Micah done enough to be the highest paid defensive player?

Bagman

Reaction score
Having multiple pressures with no sacks is ineffective?

Commanding double teams and making your teammates jobs easier is ineffective?

Forcing offenses every week to game plan around 1 player is ineffective?

What is ineffective is GM Jethro, not building a run defense, so good teams can avoid having to beat Micah by running for 175+ yards a game.
I'm no Jethro apologist but PART of the process of building a run defense is paying a premium for talent. When 3 guys want 40% of the cap $$, it becomes difficult to get the best players. On the flip side, I have zero confidence in the Jones' to get those players, anyway.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I'm no Jethro apologist but PART of the process of building a run defense is paying a premium for talent. When 3 guys want 40% of the cap $$, it becomes difficult to get the best players. On the flip side, I have zero confidence in the Jones' to get those players, anyway.
If our strength is drafting players and we don't pick players up in FA, would it not make sense to trade players and get more draft picks?

This would also get our salary cap back under control.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
If our strength is drafting players and we don't pick players up in FA, would it not make sense to trade players and get more draft picks?

Great post, but they don't want to have relief they want to make it look like they do only to run it up again

basel90

Reaction score
He is known more for talking than achieving lately . Disaappers in big games . He has Dakitis:)
he needs to play his 4th year of his contract.
i thought he wants to help the team !!!! at least Dak never shied away from finishing his contract.

basel90

Reaction score

Indeed. But Jerry likes to keep them and prove he can win with them

shabazz

Reaction score
Yes he is going to get his money either way.
Perhaps but wouldn't you like to see more consistency from him?

I hope our GM will say yes to that question before handing him the keys to this Yugo.

Nobody questions the talent but some of us question his dedication, focus and consistency.

Should have all those attributes before setting the market price, imho.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He fades the final month of the season and has done nothing in the playoffs. He’ll be looking for at least $36-37 million per year and possibly close to $40 million with a ton of guaranteed money. It will be the biggest non QB contract.

Reaction score
He gets to the QB, he makes you game plan for him, you must know where he is on the field. Does he do enough otherwise to impact the game to be the highest paid? Or at this point does any of this even matter, he's going to get his money either way?? Please give your thoughts
He's not by any means a well-rounded player and he doesn't appear to think he needs any more instruction. I seriously doubt he's ever going to get the holding calls he deserves so in my book he's not worth the highest salary.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

Sounds great if the goal is to dominate and "win" the draft. The problem is with Jerry & Son and how they manage the roster and cap, they constantly paint themselves into corners and struggle in other important aspects of team building.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
He's not by any means a well-rounded player and he doesn't appear to think he needs any more instruction. I seriously doubt he's ever going to get the holding calls he deserves so in my book he's not worth the highest salary.
So he gets held and that's why he shouldn't get paid? Or is it because he's not always effective in big moments etc

Chasing6

Reaction score
So he gets held and that's why he shouldn't get paid? Or is it because he's not always effective in big moments etc
He will not be able show up in big moments, because good teams will game plan to neutralize him. Especially if our D Coordinator refuses to be creative.

Hopefully Zimmer does a better job of moving him around or at least blitz from he same side. If you want constantly double Micah good luck picking up the blitz on the same side.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
He will not be able show up in big moments, because good teams will game plan to neutralize him. Especially if our D Coordinator refuses to be creative.

Hopefully Zimmer does a better job of moving him around or at least blitz from he same side. If you want constantly double Micah good luck picking up the blitz on the same side.
You're giving our blitz too much credit! Seems like a lot of times we do it the QB is able to get the ball out because when we blitz guys trip over each other trying to get to the QB. Sloppiest thing ever