Hatcher has signed with Wash *4years $27.5 million*

chicago JK

Reaction score
And you never hear about the Commander GM being the worst in the NFL.

This is really his first year in the role. shanny was making the decisions prior. I am not sure their GM will be very good. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he is a train wreck.

We already have that answer in Dallas.

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
The three stooges might finally be figuring this thing out.. You don't overpay for the wrong side of 30

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is twice as much as I would have wanted to give him. Can't blame Hatcher for taking the money. Very glad Jerry didn't pay that much. Typical Commander move to overpay like that.

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
with everything that they gave up to get a bad QB, they need to overpay to get good players in FA.....and they will lack up and coming talent for years thanks to the bob griffin trade.....we may take a step or two back, but i like our plan long term.

There is overpaying for playerS and possibly overpaying for one player (when we still don't know the deal structure and guarantees)

Steep for 31, but my bet is the Commanders can get out of this deal easily after year 3, by which point the cap is rumored to be 15% higher

TheFinisher

Reaction score
Wait. Did you actually WATCH RG3-13 last year when he actually had to, you know, play QB? I'll take our "34 year old injured mistake pronr QB" all day over that joke. Atleast Romo has shown he has the ability to lift the team to a victory once in a while. RG3-13? Dude can't even fend off a back up QB for his job.

The Skins bandwagon has all kinds of room for a "fan" like you. Hop on.

RG3-13 slapped our QB on the behind to say thanks as he walked off the field moping with his head down after throwing 3 picks in the season finale to allow RG3 to win the division in his rookie year.

But keep putting Romo on a pedestal, dude has won nothing in this league and has a balloon contract that will effectively keep us in NFL purgatory for the next 3 years. Romosexuals finally got what they wanted, he's the man here now!

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
After the way Hatcher dominated our o-line this season, just not having to face him twice a year is worth the price :)

Haven't seen anything on guarantees. That is what will really matter

Yeah, that more the scheme than Hatcher. He's been here for years and hasn't bothered you guys. Why is that?

Because he isn't very effective in a 34 defense. He's just a guy.

It is Marinelli's 3-tech spot that is tailor made for the DT to make plays.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Oh NO WAY!!!!!!! OMG........they can have him @ that price. That's almost 7 mil a year.......For some reason that cheers me up. Watching the Commanders over pay = priceless

I am sure there are people on Extremeskins right now saying it is just a funny money contact that is to team's advantage. Chances are unless they bent over, it is. Most players in Hatcher's circumstance are taking contracts with big upfront money for a year then the team shoves a bunch at the back to offset.

Likely he's going to have real consequences for them for the first two years.

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
Yeah, that more the scheme than Hatcher. He's been here for years and hasn't bothered you guys. Why is that?

Because he isn't very effective in a 34 defense. He's just a guy.

It is Marinelli's 3-tech spot that is tailor made for the DT to make plays.

Expecting 11 sacks out of the guy in 2014 would be ridiculous.

However he should be another good player on the front 3. As others in this thread have stated, just because he didn't have the stats doesn't mean he was a bum

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
I am sure there are people on Extremeskins right now saying it is just a funny money contact that is to team's advantage. Chances are unless they bent over, it is. Most players in Hatcher's circumstance are taking contracts with big upfront money for a year then the team shoves a bunch at the back to offset.

Likely he's going to have real consequences for them for the first two years.

My uneducated guess, the real deal is 3 years for 18M with 12 guaranteed, and will be easily cutable before year 4

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
if dallas was going to cut and let all these players they should of not signed room to big contract

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
RG3-13 slapped our QB on the behind to say thanks as he walked off the field moping with his head down after throwing 3 picks in the season finale to allow RG3 to win the division in his rookie year.

But keep putting Romo on a pedestal, dude has won nothing in this league and has a balloon contract that will effectively keep us in NFL purgatory for the next 3 years. Romosexuals finally got what they wanted, he's the man here now!

Dude, why so much anger about Romo? Would you rather we paid Jay Cutler what he got from the Bears? Or What Flacco got from the Ravens. Or Matty Ice from the Falcons?

skinsscalper

Reaction score
I'm not going to scream gloom and doom until I see the opening day roster, but its looking rough now.

Hatcher had a good year. And had he had help, the DL wouldn't have been such a problem. We got ravaged by injuries. And our best DL played hurt and was ineffective most of the season.

But it's no guarantee that whomever we draft and our FA signings are an improvement.

And I disagree. I think rookie DL don't typically come in and dominate as rookies.

Julius Peppers, Demarcus Ware, JJ Watt, Sheldon Richardson, Star Lutolelei, Dontari Poe, Aldon Smith, Nick Fairley, Robert Quinn, JPP . The list goes on and on.

And I never said "typically come in and dominate". I said it isn't uncommon for them to be very good to dominant. And, it's not.

skinsscalper

Reaction score

Who's *** was he slapping last year when he actually had to tackle the mental side of playing the game there, genius? Keep digging.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Expecting 11 sacks out of the guy in 2014 would be ridiculous.

However he should be another good player on the front 3. As others in this thread have stated, just because he didn't have the stats doesn't mean he was a bum

Well, if you were expecting to get 2006 - 2012 Hatcher, then congratulations, I guess... because that's probably exactly what you guys are gonna get.

Why anyone would want to pay that much for that, I don't know. Why not just draft a guy in the 4th to clog against the run?

Oh well, at least he'll be 32 next year, so you won't have to watch him for very long.

kjcmeb

Reaction score
There is overpaying for playerS and possibly overpaying for one player (when we still don't know the deal structure and guarantees)

Steep for 31, but my bet is the Commanders can get out of this deal easily after year 3, by which point the cap is rumored to be 15% higher

you do know that he'll be 32 in July? you will need all of that cap space to sign your overrated and piss poor QB.

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
you do know that he'll be 32 in July? you will need all of that cap space to sign your overrated and piss poor QB.

Plenty of cap room going forward. Deal is most likely front loaded and Robert won't get a new deal for at least 2 more seasons.

Notice that this is the Commanders "biggest" signing this offseason, and its not even in the middle of deals compared to most of the deals FA's are signing

I am not expecting 11 sacks out of Hatcher, but the guy is a football player. Good signing without a major long term commitment, especially if the guaranteed money is less then 15M