Hatcher has signed with Wash *4years $27.5 million*

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
My point was that he's on the wrong side of 30 and had his best year in a contract year. Can this guy be trusted with a big money deal?

Compared to other deals, this is hardly "big money"

When the structure comes out and the guarantees are known, we'll know how "big money" this is

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
http://nfl.si.com/2014/03/13/Commanders-sign-jason-hatcher-four-year-deal/

Hatcher was Pro Football Focus’ fourth-rated pass-rushing defensive tackle in 2013, behind only Gerald McCoy, Ndamukong Suh and Jurrell Casey, amassing seven quarterback hits and 33 hurries along with his 11 sacks. Moreover, when playing end in a 3-4 as he did in Dallas before 2013 and will for the Commanders over the next few years, Hatcher was able to bring just as much overall heat on enemy quarterbacks. He amassed eight hits and 29 hurries as a right defensive end in 2012, slipping inside to tackle when the Cowboys went to their nickel and dime fronts

lol, good luck with that man. You will see soon enough what I'm talking about.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Compared to other deals, this is hardly "big money"

When the structure comes out and the guarantees are known, we'll know how "big money" this is

It sounds like big money when you consider that John Clayton said this morning Hatcher was hoping to get $4-4.5 million per year and that if he didnt get it soon he would most likely drop down to that $3 million range. Sounds like a typical good ole Danny Boy FA signing.

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
l

lol, good luck with that man. You will see soon enough what I'm talking about.

Hatcher's name is one I have heard plenty over the years in Cowboy-Commanders games. Glad I won't have to hear his name for the "wrong" reasons

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
It sounds like big money when you consider that John Clayton said this morning Hatcher was hoping to get $4-4.5 million per year and that if he didnt get it soon he would most likely drop down to that $3 million range. Sounds like a typical good ole Danny Boy FA signing.

Your posts amuse me.

Lots of cap room to spend, and will probably be backloaded with guarantees up front. Hardly crippling to the Commanders cap structure and hardly "big money" when you compare to actual deals signed this FA period

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Your posts amuse me.

Lots of cap room to spend, and will probably be backloaded with guarantees up front. Hardly crippling to the Commanders cap structure and hardly "big money" when you compare to actual deals signed this FA period

Im glad my posts amuse you, but Im quite sure the amusement is no where near as much as I get when your team makes these foolish Free Agent signings year after year after year after year. Its so amusing that even the national mediots that love to bash Jerry, love to bash ole Danny Boy for his routine idiocy.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
Here's hoping that he carries the proud tradition set forth by Dana Stubblefield and Albert Haynesworth..,

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
Im glad my posts amuse you, but Im quite sure the amusement is no where near as much as I get when your team makes these foolish Free Agent signings year after year after year after year. Its so amusing that even the national mediots that love to bash Jerry, love to bash ole Danny Boy for his routine idiocy.

Eh, not really. The wallet has been closed for 5 years now. Last decade wants its "bashing" back.

Hatcher is probably the biggest contract the Commanders will give out this offseason to an FA and fits perfectly into the cap structure and scheme. With the cap rumored to be going up to 150M in the next 2 years, the $$ spent hardly concern me, especially if the guaranteed money is less then 15M

TheFinisher

Reaction score
The "win now" mentality that Jerry and company exclaim. I just thought i was common knowledge that if we don't make the playoffs again that Jason is out of here.

We're not a win now team right now, everyone knows that including Jerry... Even if he refuses to admit it publicly.

fifaguy

Reaction score
stare.gif

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Eh, not really. The wallet has been closed for 5 years now. Last decade wants its "bashing" back.

Hatcher is probably the biggest contract the Commanders will give out this offseason to an FA and fits perfectly into the cap structure and scheme. With the cap rumored to be going up to 150M in the next 2 years, the $$ spent hardly concern me, especially if the guaranteed money is less then 15M

Enjoy

tm1119

Reaction score
Still haven't seen the guaranteed $ but if it's $12 or over I have no problem letting Hatcher walk for that price. Not sure how much I trust Hatcher beyond 2014.

chicago JK

Reaction score
I have no idea if Hatcher will prove worth that contract. Typically you get the best year in year one with a free agent. And typically even year one they don't play to their contact. Although if you can make a playoff run, it is a worthy trade off.

Dallas got solid production from Hatcher. His last two years were his best by far. So I mark that as a good draft pick. I think it is smart to move on. Good teams can find replacements. We will see if Dallas can.