Hate of Dak on this board is very ESPN like!

Reaction score
Dak will get you to 11-6 or even 12-5 but when push comes to shove and the games mean something, he goes into "deer in the headlights" mode. He rarely shows up when most needed.

We should've won the 49rs game if he showed up. Not saying we would've beat Philly but this team certainly belonged in that game and had the chance.

Dre11

Reaction score
Joe Burrow...the same Joe Burrow that has a 5-1 playoff record, a Super Bowl appearance in 2021, and back-to-back AFC Championship game appearances in only 3 seasons as a starter.......compared to Dak's 2-4 playoff record and ZERO NFC Championship appearances in 7 seasons????

That Joe Burrow?????
Did he win a single 1? He's in the same boat as 31 other teams.

Dre11

Reaction score
Dak will get you to 11-6 or even 12-5 but when push comes to shove and the games mean something, he goes into "deer in the headlights" mode. He rarely shows up when most needed.

We should've won the 49rs game if he showed up. Not saying we would've beat Philly but this team certainly belonged in that game and had the chance.
So Tampa playoff game meant nothing? You people...lol

jwitten82

Reaction score

When the lights get brighter his mouth gets wider

Hadenough

Reaction score
Dak isn't so bad if all you are expecting out of him is regular season records and inflated stats. You do realize that Burrow has now been to the AFCCG for the 2nd time in only 3 seasons, and Mahomes has played in 5 straight AFCC games and is headed to his 3rd super bowl in only 6 seasons, right?

At some point people need to start expecting more out of this sorry franchise and stop settling for mediocre performances from an average QB.
That performance wasn't even mediocre. Dak looked like a high school QB against the niners.

Dre11

Reaction score
You'll never get the next Mahomes if you sit on your hands, be satisfied with Dak, and don't even try.

Why can't you get that?

You're falling into that trap and can't even have the self awareness to see it.
Or you could be 25 more years trying to find the next one like other teams.

Dre11

Reaction score
Yea, we should all be beating our chest because we beat an 8-9 team that had a patchwork offensive line and an immobile qb
Again, most thought we'd lose, regardless it was a bug game, an elimination game nonetheless. Let's not have hindsight

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
People on this board need to stop whining about Dak Prescott, he isn't as bad as many believe and not going anywhere in the near future. He is our QB and we need to support him, not kill him over everything wrong with the franchise:

-I can go back into the summer posts, where nobody had high expectations for this offense. Many thought with the loss of Cooper, Gallup not going to be ready, this team was going to be lucky to win 8 games. They won 12 games again, with lesser talent, Tyron missing most of the season and Dak out 5 games.

-Dak missed 5 games due to breaking his thumb, when he returned, the offense averaged over 30 points a game, #1 in 3rd down conversion and one of the league leaders in red zone efficiency. Outside of the Washington game, the team just lost 2 OT games on the road, in which the defense blew 2nd half double digits leads. Did Dak play perfect games and protect the football, no, but his offense wasn't the only reason why they lost.

-Lamb finally played like a true #1 receiver down the stretch, but Noah Brown was our next best receiver, yes, Noah Brown the special teamer. If I would of told anybody that Noah Brown was going to be the #2 receiver at the start of the year, everyone would of said they have no chance. Gallup was a complete disaster this season post injury, Tolbert was a bust and Washington was even worse. They were forced to sign a retired 33 year old receiver that was sitting on his couch. Their receiving core was the 2nd worse within the playoff teams.

-Where was the team's strong running game? Don't even need to go into Zeke's production as we all know his time is up, but the run game totally disappeared when Steele went down with an injury. This was a major issue heading into this year's postseason, believe they averaged less then 3 yards against the 49ers in their loss. Both backs could do nothing on the ground. There is a reason why the OL coach, RB was just fired.

-Dak just faced the 49ers defense, which was the best in the entire league. No running game, he was asked to read a defense in which they had 7-8 in coverage with 1 legitimate receiver. On top of this, a scheme that Steve Young stated prior to the game was the most basic, easiest to defend. Now you same fans are changing the goal posts and says Moore is Dak's scapegoat for his poor play.

-People need to accept the fact, the 49ers were the better team, period.

-If you want to blame anybody, it should be more towards the front office. They put together a less talented group and expected better results. They are now forced to upgrade the talent and the staff had no choice but to change their scheme. No doubt Dak has to play better and protect the football, but he needs some support to be successful. Josh Allen scores 10 points at home and gets a pass, but Dak scores 12 on the road against the best defense and it's all his fault.
Lol. Dak sucks at winning. It’s so obvious at this point that his defenders are making fools of themselves. Dak defenders and Jerry defenders are almost always the same people. Pathetic follow and cheer people…no matter what. If all of you disappeared then change would have to happen….but no, you will all mindlessly follow along for another 5 years or more. You are all jokes at this point.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That's pretty much it. Dak and MM are running out of lives. Some of it is Dak's fault and some of it is coaching, teammates, bad luck, w/e. Ultimately there is a point where doing the same thing over and over and expecting better results gets old for even the biggest dumby's (Jerruh and Stephen).
Until we have a better qb Dak is the qb. Simple as that.

Reaction score
Good team or not. Was it a big game? Most thought we'd lose to the almighty goat.
it was a big game and a good win, i'll give you that., The overall point of my post was that when competition is stiff and stakes are high, Dak has not delivered. We certainly can continue going 12-5, win a playoff game but i'm afraid that's Dak's ceiling and will cave to the pressure.

sacase

Reaction score
Honestly the formula looks to be get a hot young QB in their first contract that's cheap and use the extra money bring in talent. It doesn't make sense to put so much money into QBs now. Unless you have an elite player like Mahomes.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
1. I don't post a lot here, but if you read what I posted, I certainly do not "hate" Dak. I gave him more than the benefit of the doubt. But when I constantly watch film analysis of experts who do NOT hate the Cowboys and see them routinely saying, "he went to the wrong guy here," "he threw into double coverage when x was open" and so on you have to reevaluate.

2. Then, when the whole team turned into a run-oriented team and still won under Cooper Rush, that said a lot. A team where Dak throws 35 times a game is a team that will lose every major game to good teams.

3. It's more than just Dak: it's that relying on him moves the Cowboys away from what should be their strength, esp. when Steele comes back, namely running the ball. This line is NOT as good at pass blocking.

4. So I think it's time to move on, which will be very hard to do after committing about 20% of the salary to Dak.
Have to surround him with better talent, better scheme and see the results after next yr. Then you can make judgement on him and our hc.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Dak sucked vs the 49ers.

We can all agree on that.

Now... name me all the QBs who would tear it up on the road vs the 49ers defense without a run game.

I'll give you one: Patrick Mahomes.

Name me all the others. Go ahead.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
Dak didn't need to tear it up and play great.. He only needed to be a bus driver and make a few plays and Dallas could of won that game. Derek Carr put up 34 points and took the 49ers to overtime. If Dallas had Teddy Bridgewater the Cowboys might of won. He put up 23 points in the Seattle playoff loss. Dak put up 12. I know you can't really compare it like that but for all the hype that Dak gets for having a #1 offense he stinks when he plays a good defense. Just go back and look at Dak vs Denver.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If Dakota had been the QB for either the Chiefs or the Bengals, they would have lost in that close game, and you know it.
of course. you are stating the obvious. why are you comparing Dak to Mahomes who is a generational talent and Burrows who was the consensus #1 pick by everyone.

you want an Elite QB. tell me how to get them. don't compare Dak to these Elite QBs, because its an insult to those QBs.