Have Any Weird Little Habits?

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Can't go to sleep until my wife is asleep. This is her weird habit. She fears variability and shutting off without a watchman.

She never had a dramatic experience in her life involving night, or sleep. It just is what it is.

Now it's become my habit..lol!! Condition response? I call it love...:) That's it for me.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I have to highlight with the mouse as I read when I'm reading anything on the internet (on a desktop PC). Don't know why or where I picked this up, but I do it so often now that it has just become commonplace for me.

Sometimes at work somebody will sneak up on me and be like, "why are you highlighting"?

So, just know, when I'm reading your text, I'm highlighting it. :D
:omg:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Can't go to sleep until my wife is asleep. This is her weird habit. She fears variability and shutting off without a watchman.

She never had a dramatic experience in her life involving night, or sleep. It just is what it is.

Now it's become my habit..lol!! Condition response? I call it love...:) That's it for me.

Damn you’re weird. But honest.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Yes, several that are mentionable. Some that are not :muttley:

When I sleep the blanket or sheet over me must be tucked in at the bottom.
I have a process of locking the doors when I leave the house, everything must be done in a certain order.
Also like complete darkness when I sleep.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have to have a separate fork for my salad if eating it at the same time as dinner :lmao:

I also don’t like my food touching each other!
I make my food touch each other, I refuse to have dinner discourse. Peas are the love veggie, they can't keep from touching the other food. And they're organized, stop one side and the other side will gitchya. The Cowboys coaching staff could learn a lot from watching peas on a plate.

T-RO

Reaction score
200 women wanted me to marry me, at some point. 5 would have been Awesome wives. (note the habit)

1 woman definitely didn't want to marry me (for a long time anyway)

Who did I marry?

And how did that turn out? I'm so mental.

Last edited:

Dreski

Reaction score
Not many house guests. I refuse to use a thermometer I know when its done by touch..

it's a craft that I've use for over 30 years. People now-a-days are grossed out by this. Again, my normal.
Every kitchen I’ve worked in so far goes by touch rather than using a thermometer. The line of thinking is if you stick a thermometer into whatever protein you’re cooking, it’ll lose some juiciness(Also every kitchen I’ve worked in, some form of glove was required if you were handling food; my favorite are nitrile gloves as people are allergic to latex!)

My weird little habit is that I need music playing when I’m cooking. It helps me get in the zone. Anytime the kitchen is quiet, it’s just harder to focus. I hate when it’s too quiet and can hear the smallest things, it drives me crazy!

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
where do i start?:)

Here are some which I think I share with a lot of people:

Any gathering longer than 30 min i am out
Don't like Paige ,brown or gray colors
I wear mostly dark clothes
I hate mayonnaise

DanteEXT

Reaction score
I won't go to a movie unless I can sit in the back row. Usually means showing up 10-15 minutes before the previews start then figuring out how to save my seat 5 minutes before the show to go get popcorn. Not sure if this counts as a habit.

Xelda

Reaction score
Don't like Paige ,brown or gray colors
I wear mostly dark clothes
I hate mayonnaise
I don't know what the Paige color is, but can't stand orange, florescent or bright colors. I prefer muted colors. A few items of clothing in gray are ok, but it's not going on the wall.
I won't touch white condiments in restaurants or at gatherings. They all looks suspiciously like mayonnaise outside the container. People that like the stuff don't understand.

I won't go to a movie unless I can sit in the back row. Usually means showing up 10-15 minutes before the previews start then figuring out how to save my seat 5 minutes before the show to go get popcorn. Not sure if this counts as a habit.
I don't know, Dante. That seems more genius than weird.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Whenever I’m reading signs or names of places on the road. I always mentally note whether the sign has an even or odd number of letters/numerals.

I don’t know why.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When I pull my clothes out of the dryer I will hang them up (after ironing them) randomly right to left, but when I wear them I will only wear the shirt that is in order right to left. I cannot skip a shirt. It has to be in order. I do the same thing for the clothes I put in drawers. I guess it's my way to ensure everything I wear gets worn evenly. It also helps that all my clothes can match each other no matter what I put on.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I want to sleep with you.
3rqz03.gif

It's my gift to her. Can't explain how much better she rests when she knows I have final watch. Must go back to internal instincts when it mattered. Anyway, it gives me time to chat with you crazies' so, it's all good.
Far from "weird". Instead, very sweet. :)