Have Any Weird Little Habits?

nobody

Reaction score
Why? You can't have aioli without it! (well, sort of) There are so many great aioli sauces out there that it would be a sin to not like mayo!

Sometimes I take turkey sandwiches to work. Turkey is pretty dry, so there nothing better than a Chipotle aioli to put on it! have you ever had Peruvian chicken skewers? They are pretty good plain, but they are magnificent with the garlic lime aioli sauce!

I love aioli. For those that don't know, aioli (for the most part) is just a flavored mayo. Though the beginnings of aioli started as olive oil and garlic mashed / whipped together. You can make it either way, but most people just start with mayo since it's easier.

Well, I've never had aioli, but garlic and olive oil makes most things better. I usually have yellow mustard with my turkey sandwiches.

No, I have never had Peruvian Chicken skewers. Other than being served with aioli, what are they like?

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder about things I can never know, like if Neanderthal man figured out whether or not the Earth is round.

Somehow I doubt it. Just like George Washington died never knowing that Dinosaurs existed.

Have you considered cutting both ends off a Pringles can, stuffing the salad in there, putting one end up to your mouth, then lighting an M80 at the other end?

:laugh:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Well, I've never had aioli, but garlic and olive oil makes most things better. I usually have yellow mustard with my turkey sandwiches.

No, I have never had Peruvian Chicken skewers. Other than being served with aioli, what are they like?

About like this, but the aioli is a far more green than I'm used too. Most of the time it's an off white with maybe with a slight tinge of green.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Somehow I doubt it. Just like George Washington died never knowing that Dinosaurs existed.

:laugh:

Really? They hadn't figured out about dinosaurs by the 18th century? That blows my mind, but I guess anthropologists hadn't done the excavations yet.

As for the Neanderthals, we have very little way of knowing what they understood. They existed before recorded history. Maybe one of them stared out at the ocean as a very observant and intelligent human being and wondered. If he had great eyesight and saw a large log floating out to the horizon, maybe he could tell that it started going down as it went over the Earth's curvature. Maybe he saw things like it more than once and figured out that the Earth might be round. We have no way of knowing what these ancient humans may have known. I wish I could create some sort of machine that would let you observe back in time. We could figure out if the Neanderthals used language -- I suspect they did. We could figure out what kind of tribes they lived in, what roles members of the tribe had, and what they believed. It's a bummer that there's so much we can't know about them.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Oh, man, that chicken looks fantastic. I'm not sure about the "sauce" but I'd give it a whirl.
Once this mess clears up. Look for Peruvian restaurants or sometimes I find the skewers at Tapas restaurants.

That (chicken) recipe is actually pretty close. I didn't look at the sauce recipe, as I would avoid that. I'm almost sure there is food coloring in it or something. (actually, it might be the jalamenos, I see they are using from the link they provided) I've never seen anything like that. I don't use jalapenos in mine, but so far I haven't quite made the perfect aioli.

I would look elsewhere for the aioli recipe. Just don't use too much garlic, cilantro or lime for it. The sauce isn't meant to overpower the chicken. It's meant to accent it. You just drizzle a bit on the skewers like they do in the pictures.

As I said though. The chicken is awesome by itself and they are easy to make at home. I would recommend you give it a try! (even if you skip the sauce or fail at making it)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Really? They hadn't figured out about dinosaurs by the 18th century? That blows my mind, but I guess anthropologists hadn't done the excavations yet.

As for the Neanderthals, we have very little way of knowing what they understood. They existed before recorded history. Maybe one of them stared out at the ocean as a very observant and intelligent human being and wondered. If he had great eyesight and saw a large log floating out to the horizon, maybe he could tell that it started going down as it went over the Earth's curvature. Maybe he saw things like it more than once and figured out that the Earth might be round. We have no way of knowing what these ancient humans may have known. I wish I could create some sort of machine that would let you observe back in time. We could figure out if the Neanderthals used language -- I suspect they did. We could figure out what kind of tribes they lived in, what roles members of the tribe had, and what they believed. It's a bummer that there's so much we can't know about them.
If they were bright enough to work that out without writing it down, they probably never would've become extinct.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
If they were bright enough to work that out without writing it down, they probably never would've become extinct.

Sadly, we have no way of knowing. If we could somehow create my look-through-time portal device, I'd bet you anything there would be things we discover about the Neanderthals that are surprising. I could read Clan of the Cave Bear, I guess, which is about a Neanderthal tribe, but that is a lot of author speculation, granted I hear very high quality speculation.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Sadly, we have no way of knowing. If we could somehow create my look-through-time portal device, I'd bet you anything there would be things we discover about the Neanderthals that are surprising. I could read Clan of the Cave Bear, I guess, which is about a Neanderthal tribe, but that is a lot of author speculation, granted I hear very high quality speculation.
Well if it's that important to you, what you need to do is develop an instantaneous image transference device, then put one unit in an area where neanderthals were known to exist, keep one unit where you can access it, and send one unit about 250,00 light years away.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Well if it's that important to you, what you need to do is develop an instantaneous image transference device, then put one unit in an area where neanderthals were known to exist, keep one unit where you can access it, and send one unit about 250,00 light years away.

Yeah, I've been planning on that. I've been working on buying an ex amusement park ride named the Missile Chasers and modifying it with rocket engines to be a peer-back-in time device. I'm sure I can do it, but I expect it to be complicated. I need to be careful also that I don't transform myself into a Neanderthal apeman in the process.