Have Any Weird Little Habits?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have this weird little habit of how I eat my food and I have noticed some people are just the opposite.

No matter how many items I have, I have to eat them in order and not take two bites of the same thing with the goal to come out in the end with one bite left of everything. If I am having Q I take a bite of the meat or meats, and then each side. If all the items are on one plate, I work toward symmetry and used to drive my wife nuts. If I took a bite of peas, I have to rearrange them into a smaller grouping that looks like a full serving only reduced in size. If I have fries, I will rearrange them like pick up sticks. If I have potato chips on a plate, I will eat both the small and larger ones to achieve symmetry. I do think this is more OCD than a habit.

I have some friends that will only eat one item until it's gone before proceeding to the next. I like to serve them chili just to see them twitch. I have actually seen one friend eat all of the Fritos or crackers or cornbread before beginning on the chili. Give them a sandwich, pickle and chips, all get eaten completely before moving on to the next.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Where do weird little habits become full on OCD?
When someone "Labels" them as such. it's who we are and does not change due to a title or label.

harmless activities are laughable but not a problem...it's called life.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have this weird little habit of how I eat my food and I have noticed some people are just the opposite.

No matter how many items I have, I have to eat them in order and not take two bites of the same thing with the goal to come out in the end with one bite left of everything. If I am having Q I take a bite of the meat or meats, and then each side. If all the items are on one plate, I work toward symmetry and used to drive my wife nuts. If I took a bite of peas, I have to rearrange them into a smaller grouping that looks like a full serving only reduced in size. If I have fries, I will rearrange them like pick up sticks. If I have potato chips on a plate, I will eat both the small and larger ones to achieve symmetry. I do think this is more OCD than a habit.

I have some friends that will only eat one item until it's gone before proceeding to the next. I like to serve them chili just to see them twitch. I have actually seen one friend eat all of the Fritos or crackers or cornbread before beginning on the chili. Give them a sandwich, pickle and chips, all get eaten completely before moving on to the next.
I like to eat the different foods somewhat evenly, but try to save the best for the last bite.......Unless there's corn or peas on my plate. I eat those first, because they get cold the fastest.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like to eat the different foods somewhat evenly, but try to save the best for the last bite.......Unless there's corn or peas on my plate. I eat those first, because they get cold the fastest.
Oh hell yeah, that's job 1 when the food arrives. Scan plate for best item to save for last. And hope you don't keel over before you get to it. You also have to keep your eyes on other diners in case they've scanned your plate and zeroed in on the same item. That's why it annoys me when other people are eying my plate. If I need to go to the men's room, I either have to take my plate with me or trust someone at the table to be as forceful as I would be defending my plate.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Where do weird little habits become full on OCD?

Many people have different minor “obsessions” or “compulsions”.

Typically, it’s not labeled as such until it becomes detrimental to the person enjoying their life, or negatively impacts their safety or happiness.

For instance, somebody who is a bit germaphobic and washes their hands a lot. It’s not really a problem, unless they are washing their hands so often that the skin on their hands starts to crack open and bleed. Now it’s a problem.

Or like my compulsion of noting whether a sign or name is even or odd number of characters. It’s really not detrimental to my everyday life. However, if I get in a car accident or actually stopped getting the actual message Of the signs. Then it becomes problematic and may want to get treatment.

Xelda

Reaction score
I take the first letter of each word on a sign and try to make as many words out of it as possible. Sometimes there are no vowels. Then I'll arrange the consonants to sound like something.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
I have to lay out my clothes for the next day before I go to bed...:grin: its like a thing.

jsb357

Reaction score
I take the first letter of each word on a sign and try to make as many words out of it as possible. Sometimes there are no vowels. Then I'll arrange the consonants to sound like something.

:huh: