Have fans completely lost it?

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Or maybe we just didn't play that well on offense?
but our D did a great job. The Detroit fumble on the 2 really helped us out. Or was that the 1 yard line. Either way, the D is ballin.

How about them Vols? Lookin good this year.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
If by "lost it" you mean both sides of the debate giving the other the business, then yes.

I couldn't see the game yesterday but the majority of folks I have talked to said it was a very underwhelming game offensively for the most part. If QB1 supporters and QB1 himself wouldn't have talked him up about putting up huge numbers and how he would take it to "another level" while using Cooper's numbers as a benchmark for why QB1 was vastly superior, then most folks would have said it was about what they expected given the situation. But since there was a lot of big talk, it is completely understandable that folks who are tired of the hype ask where is the substance behind the bravado.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
"I don't want stats, I want wins."

Cowboys beat Detroit, 24-6.

"But look at those awful stats!"

Lol it's to easy..and predictable.."I want a ball control offense that can score over 20 points, play defense" Cowboys win 24 to 6 "Dak could only throw 1 TD 40 million dollars 40 million dollars 40 million dollars......"

cmoney23

Reaction score
It was the 1-5 Lions. A loss would have been disastrous.

Tyler has been great, but he got destroyed yesterday. Schooled all day.
I think you're mistaking Tyler for Steele.

kskboys

Reaction score
We all have opinions right. We all should be the GM, coach, owner... It's just entertainment. Its all just a distraction so we don't start to think about how we are all going to die one day and the world will still turn and we won't be a part of it any longer.

I'd like to see a little more respect towards each other. We are all fans and we all want the same thing in the end. We can claim mental superiority but no one is paying us millions to help them run their organization. Because we are all just opiniated fans hoping we are right more than we are wrong.

Let's just enjoy the ride. We don't know how many more we get. It's not that serious.
Me too, but then I get attacked by Rockport for no reason. He's a slimeball.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
Losing it implies we ever had it to begin with.

I'd check under my ex-wife's desk for my marbles but would probably only find dust bunnies and her girlfriend's nylons.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let it be known that in the era of the worst Cowboys football, one that spanned over a quarter of a century, fans were irrationally negative.
Fans being rationally negative would be appreciated more often than not though. :(

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I really have to ask. Have fans completely lost it or is this board being taken over by trolls?

Dak broke his thumb. Couldn't throw a football for many weeks. Missed 5 weeks of the season. Was still wearing a brace on his thumb. Comes back and, while rusty, plays a very " Cooper Rush" esque game and gets a win against a team coming off a bye.
Most people on this forum and in the media said... learn from Cooper. Keep this game plan when Dak comes back. Etc. Etc.
They do and all the haters come out.

Tyler Smith is balling out. He is a rookie starting at LT in the NFL. NOT AN EASY TASK. PFF (for what they're worth) has him ranked as the 6th best tackle in the league. IN THE LEAGUE!! I saw a post debating if he could play the position!!!!!!

These are just two examples. But, have "fans" lost it?

Are you surprised? The Cowboys fandom is one of the dumbest around. This fanbase really thought Cooper Rush was some savior who was going to lead us places and we were winning because of him. Should tell you all you need to right there.

So many hate Dak with a passion so they will demean any little thing he does.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I really have to ask. Have fans completely lost it or is this board being taken over by trolls?

Dak broke his thumb. Couldn't throw a football for many weeks. Missed 5 weeks of the season. Was still wearing a brace on his thumb. Comes back and, while rusty, plays a very " Cooper Rush" esque game and gets a win against a team coming off a bye.
Most people on this forum and in the media said... learn from Cooper. Keep this game plan when Dak comes back. Etc. Etc.

Tyler Smith is balling out. He is a rookie starting at LT in the NFL. NOT AN EASY TASK. PFF (for what they're worth) has him ranked as the 6th best tackle in the league. IN THE LEAGUE!! I saw a post debating if he could play the position!!!!!!

Yes there will be no happiness until at least a super bowl birth

OriginalNameGuy

Reaction score
I've said it for years. The Dallas Cowboys could win the Super Bowl and on the same day there would be threads being critical of them because they didn't win by enough.
And "it's about time. It's been X amount of years". Anything to avoid giving the boys credit.

ESisback

Reaction score

Long story short? Yes.

Robster8989

Reaction score

I don't disagree with you're main point about the board.
It becomes unreadable at times.
However, Tyler Smith is currently ranked 52nd out of 76 Tackles in the league, not 6th.
(By comparison, Steele is currently 28th out of 76 at T)
Not sure where you got your information.
Here is the current PFF board as of today for the team.
https://www.pff.com/nfl/teams/dallas-cowboys/9/roster
He's had good games and bad games, and overall, I'm pleased with him and think he will become a very good OL for many years for us.
He's been solid, but has been getting beat by good DE's, has missed a few assignemnts (which is expected for a R), and has committed a few too many penalties (also expected for a Rook).
Overall, very solid but not spectacular.

cmoney23

Reaction score
They move him around like Micah.

Point being, Tyler had his first really bad game yesterday.
What?

I mean, I might have missed it but Tyler Smith played LT the entire game yesterday.

Played well.

Terrance Steele, our RT had a tough game.

erod

Reaction score
What?

I mean, I might have missed it but Tyler Smith played LT the entire game yesterday.

Played well.

Terrance Steele, our RT had a tough game.
They move Hutchinson around, not Tyler.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

This forum is completely off the rails. It has largely turned into a huge Dak bash fest 7 days a week (not well thought out criticism, just mindless hate) or just people saying the team sucks no matter whether they win or lose.

The name should be changed from "Cowboyszone" to "BeatingaDeadHorseZone"