Have Jerry Jones And His Pride Cursed The Cowboys?

CCBoy

Reaction score
Yeah. You think he'd turn down a 10 year run to end his life...with Guaranteed couple of superbowls? Just because of pride? Knowing he's just suffered thru nearly 30 years of lesson-learning failure?
Naw, and I don't plug into folk lore.

ESisback

Reaction score
Jerry’s a turd and he killed this franchise. I don’t care where he lands on the Forbes list or how much the team is worth. He’s been garbage for the most part of 30 years. He’s an incompetent boob. There are fans on here who could’ve hit the lottery, bought a football team and did a better job than this clown. Unfortunately we’re stuck with him and the rest of the Jones family, so there’s no relief in sight even after he’s gone!
So find another team that makes you happy.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Ok thanks!

( what is this guy talking about?)
:muttley: An Irish Revolutionary Song

Make love to a damsel...and blame it on the O'Malleys....Blame it on the O'Malleys. :thumbup:

Folk lore makes up a legend as truth, and it's just a social story...

kskboys

Reaction score
Yeah. You think he'd turn down a 10 year run to end his life...with Guaranteed couple of superbowls? Just because of pride? Knowing he's just suffered thru nearly 30 years of lesson-learning failure?
Since he has consistently done just that, he well might.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Pride (superbia), also known as hubris (from Ancient Greek ὕβρις) or futility. It is considered the original and worst of the seven deadly sins on almost every list, the most demonic. It is also thought to be the source of the other capital sins. Pride is the opposite of humility.
Lust, envy, anger, greed, gluttony, and sloth are all bad, the sages say, but pride is the deadliest of all, the root of all evil, and the beginning of sin.

coult44

Reaction score
Where are all the Lombardi's from the last 27 years? This team doesn't get a free pass. It doesn't deserve the benefit of doubt.
And NOBODY gives them one!!! Nobody here, nobody in the media. And definitely nobody within the organization.

ESisback

Reaction score
Pride (superbia), also known as hubris (from Ancient Greek ὕβρις) or futility. It is considered the original and worst of the seven deadly sins on almost every list, the most demonic. It is also thought to be the source of the other capital sins. Pride is the opposite of humility.
Lust, envy, anger, greed, gluttony, and sloth are all bad, the sages say, but pride is the deadliest of all, the root of all evil, and the beginning of sin.
So why embrace a team owned by the Ultimate Evil?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You can cry nonstop if it gives you pleasure, but it doesn’t make you more loyal or knowledgeable.
Critical thinkers and analysts are usually more knowledgeable than cheerleaders while none are probably more loyal than a cheerleader.

Like my wife says , at some point you’re either part of the solution or part of the problem.

Last edited:

ESisback

Reaction score
Critical thinkers and analysts are usually more knowledgeable than cheerleaders while none are probably more loyal than a cheerleader.

Like my wife says , at some point you’re either part of the solution or part of the problem.
Ok, I’ll come right out and say it. You know more than me about the local beatwriters, because you live in it. You know they’re opinions and allegiances. You know what they’ll say and how they’ll react. Beyond that, you’re NOT more knowledgeable, or a bigger or better fan. When I “chastise” a fan, it’s only those who never say anything positive, who virtually guarantee failure. The guys that say “we’ll never win with Jerry”, “we’ll never win with Dak”, “the Cowboys don’t care about winning”, or “everyone’s laughing at us”. Additionally, pointing this out doesn’t make me a “cheerleader”. It makes me normal. Repeating the phrase “cheerleader” doesn’t validate you, or define you as a “critical thinker”.

You can say cheerleader all you want. The only thing it really does is make you sound arrogantly delusional.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Ok, I’ll come right out and say it. You know more than me about the local beatwriters, because you live in it. You know they’re opinions and allegiances. You know what they’ll say and how they’ll react. Beyond that, you’re NOT more knowledgeable, or a bigger or better fan. When I “chastise” a fan, it’s only those who never say anything positive, who virtually guarantee failure. The guys that say “we’ll never win with Jerry”, “we’ll never win with Dak”, “the Cowboys don’t care about winning”, or “everyone’s laughing at us”. Additionally, pointing this out doesn’t make me a “cheerleader”. It makes me normal. Repeating the phrase “cheerleader” doesn’t validate you, or define you as a “critical thinker”.

You can say cheerleader all you want. The only thing it really does is make you sound arrogantly delusional.
I wasn’t calling you a cheerleader or me a critical thinker. I use those descriptions in a general or broad sense. I don’t think you necessarily fit those descriptions.

It’s you that seems to take my opinions too seriously and the need to discredit those who bring criticism because apparently it’s not fun to you which is fine. We all can beat to a different drum.

When you say that fans who aren’t happy with their team should choose another that sparks my response. Why do you feel the need to try and separate fans as such . Everyone has to express themselves as such. No one is any better than others. Regardless if they are happy or not. Therein lies my root issue with you.

And it’s always been my core issue as fans who disagree spin off subject and attempt to attack or discredit other fans personally, not their opinion.

ESisback

Reaction score
I wasn’t calling you a cheerleader or me a critical thinker. I use those descriptions in a general or broad sense. I don’t think you necessarily fit those descriptions.

It’s you that seems to take my opinions too seriously and the need to discredit those who bring criticism because apparently it’s not fun to you which is fine. We all can beat to a different drum.

When you say that fans who aren’t happy with their team should choose another that sparks my response. Why do you feel the need to try and separate fans as such . Everyone has to express themselves as such. No one is any better than others. Regardless if they are happy or not. Therein lies my root issue with you.

And it’s always been my core issue as fans who disagree spin off subject and attempt to attack or discredit other fans personally, not their opinion.
If something makes you unhappy all the time, if it gives you little or no satisfaction, why fill your life with it?

fredp22

Reaction score
the last 10,000 days says yes Jerrys pride has cost the team. If you take Jimmys team out Jerry hasnt won anything and probably why hes refusing to put Jimmy in the ROH.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If something makes you unhappy all the time, if it gives you little or no satisfaction, why fill your life with it?
That’s what you fail to grasp. It doesn’t make me unhappy all the time. I enjoy watching the games regardless the results because we don’t know the results until they occur.

And then we can discuss it. Discussing or critiquing here is no different than sitting around with other fans chewing the fat except we can respond when we have time.

I think for most venting frustrations is fun and at least therapeutic . It’s a release . Fans find comfort there are others who feel the same as they do .

Living here you can’t avoid the Cowboys discussion if you’re a sports fanatic. Even those who are casual fans don’t watch all of the games , etc get caught up in the chatter.

For me I love football . It’s like religion here in Texas. Cowboys only take up 3 hours of my 20-30 hours a week of watching. And I enjoy reading every morning in the paper and online about it and then discussing with friends, etc. This site provides just another mechanism or entertainment value to discuss when you have time.