Have the Browns passed the Cowboys in roster talent?

CCBoy

Reaction score
Why would Cowboys fans care about the talent on Cleveland? You do know this is a "Cowboys" site correct?

Why don't you go on over to the Cleveland board and post this?

Gee those Patriots a really have some talent. LOL Duh!!!!
C'mon, he's a long suffering and true Cowboys fan...all should know that by now. Disagree on topic. Or understand direction that another chooses. If he copes a lack of realistic objectivity as to points, move on.

It really is easier to let what is insult, lay...and yea, I do that a lot.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The Browns are making moves to win now and their division appears prime for the taking.

I’m not that familiar with their overall roster but they definitely look more like contenders now.

Let’s hope they have a good enough coach . Lol

ItzKelz

Reaction score
added Vernon and Sheldon Richardson with Myles Garrett just on the D-Line. The Browns are vastly more talented that the Cowboys
The Littles added the Patriots starting LT and the so called best guard in last years draft and their OL still sucked. Adding names dont make things better.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
C'mon, he's a long suffering and true Cowboys fan...all should know that by now. Disagree on topic. Or understand direction that another chooses. If he copes a lack of realistic objectivity as to points, move on.

It really is easier to let what is insult, lay...and yea, I do that a lot.
Right . It’s the off season and FA now. The subject matter appears relevant with all the moves the Browns are making.

He’s just a homer trolling on anything negative about the Cowboys. Unless it’s our HC. Lol

EST_1986

Reaction score
The Littles added the Patriots starting LT and the so called best guard in last years draft and their OL still sucked. Adding names dont make things better.
I hate to say it as much as you do but the Browns are better and that's on the field, on the sideline and in the front office

jay94

Reaction score
QB Dallas
RB Dallas
WR browns, but with baker? idk
TE Dallas
OL Dallas
DL Dallas was top 10 sacks and top 3 vs the rush
LB not even a matchup
CBS dallas
S Browns.

get over the shiney new toy, this much turnover this team is going to be a mess this yr.
Mayfield is so far ahead of dak i know one year, but you obviously watched no browns games.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Right . It’s the off season and FA now. The subject matter appears relevant with all the moves the Browns are making.

He’s just a homer trolling on anything negative about the Cowboys. Unless it’s our HC. Lol

Myself, I have a lot to root for with the Cowboys. They are relevant...just how relevant, is what I root for.:)

baltcowboy

Reaction score
In reality we have a better offensive line and secondary. I think our coaching staff is better as well. Cleveland looks good on paper. The Browns are more likely to finish in 3rd place in the North then win it. Dak is better then Baker. Zeke is better then the Browns RB by committee. They are better on the defensive line. Our lbs are worlds better then theirs.

slick325

Reaction score
Yes...the Browns have a better roster. Zeke on his own is the best player for both teams, assuming Mayfield doesn't make the jump I suspect he will make. If he does, then they have the best player on the field. Then Dallas has an OL and LB advantage but that is it.

GenoT

Reaction score
In the midst of the offseason, and even before the 2019 draft, the Cleveland Browns are emerging as a serious contender in the AFC for 2019. I’m not a big Odell Beckham fan but I recognize the guy has talent and the Browns trade to get him has certainly raised some eyebrows.

And the Browns should have a lot of talent. When you colossally suck for over a decade you have a chance to add some talent in the draft.

So here’s my question Cowboys fans....have the brownies passed us in the chase for NFL talent? If we matched up with them now, who would have the edge? Are the Browns closer to a SB than Dallas? I’m not going to do every position- just the positions we are looking at locking up long term as our top talent compared to the Browns.

Let’s look at the Browns top talent compared to ours:
Position Which team has the edge?
QB- Baker Mayfield vs. Dak Prescott (Cle)
RB- Nick Chubb vs. Zeke Elliott. (Dal)
WR- Odell Jr. vs Amari Cooper. ( Cle? Push?)
Pass Rusher-Miles Garrett vs Tank Lawrence (Push?)

So what say you Cowboys fans....are the Browns passing us in talent?
Bob...as usual, you offer a thoughtful, well-put argument.

However, these are the fracking Cleveland Browns we’re talking about here...??!?

scottsp

Reaction score
Without a doubt the Browns show better talent. Lord knows they’ve swung and missed with blue-chip draft capital for too long. Enter Dorsey and they’ve utilized the three channels for acquiring talent, parlaying draft assets to trade as well as playing the free agent market.

This is a passing league. Cleveland has its trigger man, a talented receiving core, and good runners. With the exception of Mayfield, that offense won’t be too reliant on any one piece, meaning defenses should have a tough time sitting on something.

I mean, could an implosion happen? Sure! With Beckham in that room, it’s possible. But divas have also been known to thrive on units as talented as this.

Can’t really speak to intangibles. But that wasn’t really the question put forth. Still, who wouldn’t take their chances with this group?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
In the midst of the offseason, and even before the 2019 draft, the Cleveland Browns are emerging as a serious contender in the AFC for 2019. I’m not a big Odell Beckham fan but I recognize the guy has talent and the Browns trade to get him has certainly raised some eyebrows.

And the Browns should have a lot of talent. When you colossally suck for over a decade you have a chance to add some talent in the draft.

So here’s my question Cowboys fans....have the brownies passed us in the chase for NFL talent? If we matched up with them now, who would have the edge? Are the Browns closer to a SB than Dallas? I’m not going to do every position- just the positions we are looking at locking up long term as our top talent compared to the Browns.

Let’s look at the Browns top talent compared to ours:
Position Which team has the edge?
QB- Baker Mayfield vs. Dak Prescott (Cle)
RB- Nick Chubb vs. Zeke Elliott. (Dal)
WR- Odell Jr. vs Amari Cooper. ( Cle? Push?)
Pass Rusher-Miles Garrett vs Tank Lawrence (Push?)

So what say you Cowboys fans....are the Browns passing us in talent?
If you and anyone else deems they have and the Cowboys have a better season next year...
Then what? What did it?

jay94

Reaction score
I watched nearly every brown game and watched every cowboy game I dont think the qbs are close. Im not saying pff is be all end all, but I like their assessment of the 2 qbs.
Mayfield 8th
Dak 20th

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
In reality we have a better offensive line and secondary. I think our coaching staff is better as well. Cleveland looks good on paper. The Browns are more likely to finish in 3rd place in the North then win it. Dak is better then Baker. Zeke is better then the Browns RB by committee. They are better on the defensive line. Our lbs are worlds better then theirs.
Better coaches? You have got to be kidding.