Have to admit about Dak

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
That was one game against a terrible Buffalo team. I didn’t claim he never overcame some mistakes but for the most part he didn’t. Several of his multiple turnover games turned into a meltdown.
Happens most of the time when a QB has a melt down

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I don't mean this to disparage Troy in any way.. Rather it was to point out the significance of what we just saw from Dak today. Of course the raw numbers would not be comparable given the eras.. but the level of effectiveness is what stands out.. Troy's totals facing Belichick in his career..

1989 - Giants 15-0 .. I won't even post the numbers.. they were horrible but he was a rookie.
1990 - Giants 28-7 (109 yards 0 TD 2 INT) and 31-17 (233 yards 1 TD 1 INT)
1994 - Browns 19-14 (188 yards 1 TD 2 INT)
1999 - Jets 22-21 ( 1 TD 2 INT .. 158 yards)

So Troy went 0-5 in his career against Belichick and only topped 200 yards once.

I say again.. Troy never got into the same zip code against Belichick as what we saw from Dak today..
:hammer:

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Come on man.. He threw 2 TDs and FIVE INTs and threw in a fumble which was returned for a TD for good measure.. He stunk.. If the defense had not kept holding the Bills to FGs after his INTs we would have lost by 20 that night.
He won that game the score says so

blueblood70

Reaction score
Come on man.. He threw 2 TDs and FIVE INTs and threw in a fumble which was returned for a TD for good measure.. He stunk.. If the defense had not kept holding the Bills to FGs after his INTs we would have lost by 20 that night.
who you talking about?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Just once, on this board, I'd like to see someone nut up and say, "Romo is my favorite Cowboy, and because of that I don't like Dak," instead of always playing coy with unverifiable statements and riddles like, "Romo was better."
:clap::bow:

DaBoys12

Reaction score
The biggest difference between Dak and Romo is that Romo was usually good for one or two games a year when he had 3 INTs in the first half. Dak doesn't do that. He comes out of his funks as quickly as any player I've ever seen. Even when he's a little off and not leading us on scoring drives he still generally takes care of the ball. That's what separates him from Romo IMHO. Romo's funks usually featured a ton of turnovers.. Dak's funks might result in one turnover and a bunch of 3 and outs.. but almost never a bunch of turnovers leaving us no chance to win.

It always makes me laugh listening to Tony commentate another QB after an interception, “ you just can’t throw that ball in that situation “…lol. Guess he knows. Love the guy though.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We NEVER pass into the end zone. The 4 straight gut runs before half was cringy

Dak played a great game though but I don't think KM trusts him to pass in the RZ
I think they just put too much trust in the run game. Honestly, they should have a designed roll out to Dak's right on every red zone series, when they're inside the 10. It's so hard to defend against the run and pass at the same time.

pitt33

Reaction score
Makes you wonder how he is able to throw for over 400 so many times.

Aikman was great but he was the ultimate bus driver. His 20-25 passes a game were accurate but if anything broke down in the pocket...good luck.
The thing is the pocket rarely broke down behind the Great Wall.

Aikman was a winner.

In every sense of the word.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
When it rained it would pour with Romo. Not always but often. One turnover would snowball into many. He would lose his poise and start forcing balls into coverage.
That usually happened because he had to try to force something with the other team running away with it. Not always, but usually.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Lol @ Dak “might be better”. Romosexuals just can’t let it go, can they? Keep watching all those CBS broadcasts, you’ll at least get your Romo fillup there every week.