Have to admit about Dak

RonnieT24

Reaction score
In the End, who's going to be talking about an ugly win next year?
They're going to be talking about the win.

I do think future opponents who watched all the penalties and the other questionable officiating "issues" are going to come away from this game thinking.. Geez.. what are they gonna do if we even half those calls go their way? They're gonna hang 60 on somebody!

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I do think future opponents who watched all the penalties and the other questionable officiating "issues" are going to come away from this game thinking.. Geez.. what are they gonna do if we even half those calls go their way? They're gonna hang 60 on somebody!
I think they'll take comfort that even an inferior team gets the home calls and, if they're at home, they'll also get the benefit of doubts.

aikemirv

Reaction score
There is no part of Daks game that is better than Romo’s. If you want to say he is as good fine.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I think they'll take comfort that even an inferior team gets the home calls and, if they're at home, they'll also get the benefit of doubts.

I don't think any team gets as much home cookin as the Pats got today.. We can harp on the penalties but the other thing that nobody talks about was the glaring inconsistency in how they spotted the ball. They seemed like they always gave them the extra yard and took the extra yard away from us. One play that stood out to me was when Pollard tripped over his blocker and slid for 2 yards and the refs came in and marked the ball back were he hit the ground despite the fact that no defender had touched him. There were also several sideline plays were our guy reached the ball out to the sticks on the sideline and they marked the ball back where his feet went out of bounds but then when a Pats player did it they gave him the progress. Little crap like that, that really nobody notices were the difference between punting and the drive continuing on more than one occasion. We got home cooked today.. No doubt about it.

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
Romo was great and I'm glad we had him. He's not even in the same universe as Dak, though.

Not in the same universe....Wow....

Romo and a running game would have been a terror. We saw a glimpse with Murray..

I love both of them.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
There is no part of Daks game that is better than Romo’s. If you want to say he is as good fine.

LOL.. Dak is literally better in nearly every significant aspect of the game than Romo.. He completes a higher percentage of his passes.. He has a higher TD/INT ratio .. He takes better care of the ball.. He's a better runner.. and he is 6 years younger than Romo was when Romo finally got it all figured out. All of which bodes well for our future. It's find to like Romo but admit Dak has surpassed him.. Hell I liked Romo.. but It wasn't until 2014 that I felt like he could lead us to the promised land.. and by then his body was betraying him.

pansophy

Reaction score
Dak is a better runner -- at least before this year. His passing QBR has gone up quite a bit since the new throwing motion. Dak also throws less INTs than Romo, but also less TDs. Romo had his best year when we had a dominant running game, and that is what we are seeing this year from Dak.

Dak's passer rating is top 3 this year. His QBR is middle of the pack and that is because he has 6 fumbles in 6 games. That's the only thing he really needs to clean up, and if we were losing these games, those fumbles would be getting a lot more attention.

Some are saying that Dak should win the MVP -- he won't for two reasons. His QBR is average because of his turnovers and our rushing attack accounts for too much of the offense. The year Romo got an MVP vote his rating and QBR were best in the league, but so much of the offense went through the running game that people went with Rodgers since the offense went through him.

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
I don't think any team gets as much home cookin as the Pats got today.. We can harp on the penalties but the other thing that nobody talks about was the glaring inconsistency in how they spotted the ball. They seemed like they always gave them the extra yard and took the extra yard away from us. One play that stood out to me was when Pollard tripped over his blocker and slid for 2 yards and the refs came in and marked the ball back were he hit the ground despite the fact that no defender had touched him. There were also several sideline plays were our guy reached the ball out to the sticks on the sideline and they marked the ball back where his feet went out of bounds but then when a Pats player did it they gave him the progress. Little crap like that, that really nobody notices were the difference between punting and the drive continuing on more than one occasion. We got home cooked today.. No doubt about it.

Cowboys always get terrible calls against the Pats. They call the quickest holds on run plays against us when ever we play them..

pansophy

Reaction score
LOL.. Dak is literally better in nearly every significant aspect of the game than Romo.. He completes a higher percentage of his passes.. He has a higher TD/INT ratio .. He takes better care of the ball.. He's a better runner.. and he is 6 years younger than Romo was when Romo finally got it all figured out. All of which bodes well for our future. It's find to like Romo but admit Dak has surpassed him.. Hell I liked Romo.. but It wasn't until 2014 that I felt like he could lead us to the promised land.. and by then his body was betraying him.
You can't compare completion percentage -- the rules have changed even since Romo was playing. I'd also add Romo had to contend with Garrett calling his plays.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Not in the same universe....Wow....

Romo and a running game would have been a terror. We saw a glimpse with Murray..

I love both of them.

Romo had at least a 1700 rushing team every year from 2006 to 2011 and a 2000 yard running game in 2009 and 2014. Let's not act like Romo never got to play with a good rushing attack. Garrett and that bunch just either didn't call enough running plays or Romo audibled out of them because there were plenty games where the run was working fine and we just opted not to use it. I definitely think being more balanced helped Romo and will continue to help Dak. Even though the running game was not dominant today, we ran it just enough that they couldn't ignore it.

nobody

Reaction score

Gotta disagree with you. I'm a fan of both. Romo was a better passer, but Dak's getting better. Romo could read defenses better, but Dak's getting better. Dak's a better motivator and leader than Romo was. Dak is luckier than Romo. Romo had some weird bad luck. I'll take lucky over unlucky any day. They played different playstyles. It's hard to do a side by side comparison. Romo took more chances which had a lot more risk/reward. Dak is more careful with the ball. There are ways in which Dak's better. There are ways in which Romo was better. Anyone who says Romo was better in every way or Dak is better in every way is deluded.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
You can't compare completion percentage -- the rules have changed even since Romo was playing. I'd also add Romo had to contend with Garrett calling his plays.

Dude Romo didn't play in the 70's or 80's. He retired 5 years ago.. He played the bulk of his career under the current set of rules. Hell the Brady rule which mandated that thou shalt not hit the QB too hard came to be in Romo's 3rd year starting and the "defenseless receiver" rules predated Romo by at least two years. Like I said.. it's fine to think Romo was better.. But there isn't a lot of evidence to support that assertion. Dak is ballin.. Let's just sit back and enjoy it..

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Cowboys always get terrible calls against the Pats. They call the quickest holds on run plays against us when ever we play them..

Yeah I hate uneven officiating.. I get nauseous even talking about it. I get super annoyed when people come at me with "Well don't leave it up to the officials.." I mean what the hell is that supposed to mean? The officials can take over a game at any moment. They can screw you on every play.. We all know they could call holding on literally every play and basically it's up to them when they decide to.. It stinks and I hate it..

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Dude Romo didn't play in the 70's or 80's. He retired 5 years ago.. He played the bulk of his career under the current set of rules. Hell the Brady rule which mandated that thou shalt not hit the QB too hard came to be in Romo's 3rd year starting and the "defenseless receiver" rules predated Romo by at least two years. Like I said.. it's fine to think Romo was better.. But there isn't a lot of evidence to support that assertion. Dak is ballin.. Let's just sit back and enjoy it..
This is why I think I love you.
So what am I so afraid of?!!!

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I won't rank him, but I'm quite comfy with him as our team's QB over so many other options.
He's our QB and I embrace it whole-heartedly.
Im burning a victory stick right now join in burn a bowl