Have we supplied Dak with enough to be successful?

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
He's had more help than even Romo or prior QBs ever had... much.better OL, much better RB, and about the same in receivers. So offensively, no excuses. He has just sucked, and played poorly in the biggest of stages. But yeah, throw more money his way, maybe he'll learn to read defenses all of a sudden. Paid more than Mahomes? how idiotic.

CWR

Reaction score
I guess we thought because we paid a back 10 million that somehow it would fix our OL and our running problems
Yeah our entire philosophy is trash. We are a finese team who gets bullied by the big boys. These guys knew they were in trouble in the first freaking quarter. Their body language was telling.

mardwin

Reaction score
Think long and hard at the players that have come in here to this offense, was there at one point where he had enough, or was he never adequately supplied to be successful.

On the other hand, I know the defense being better surely could have helped. Please give your thoughts
8 years into Dak's career, is this a serious question? The only player with all-pro caliber talent at almost every position since he was drafted is Dak. Look at what Mahomes had to work with last night against the Bills. Dak's shortcomings has little to do with his supporting cast and more about his inability to come through in the clutch.

CWR

Reaction score
He's had more help than even Romo or prior QBs ever had... much.better OL, much better RB, and about the same in receivers. So offensively, no excuses. He has just sucked, and played poorly in the biggest of stages. But yeah, throw more money his way, maybe he'll learn to read defenses all of a sudden. Paid more than Mahomes? how idiotic.
Worst run game in the last what 8 weeks of the season? That's not more help. These guys are over rated crap and Pollard wasn't better than anyone this year. Dak had CD, and Ferguson with an over the hill Cooks.

We can talk all day about how he crapped the bed, but let's stop over rating the players.

GoldenR

Reaction score
For 8 years I keep replacing my tires on my truck, yet the same broken down motor still needs replaced. I am trying to figure out what's wrong each year and the shop tells me I have all pro tires every year?! The guy who is responsible for the motor tells me it's a good one. Any advice?

Cmac

Reaction score
I'm quite serious.
Dak's had rosters that most QB's would kill to be under center for, for most of his career.

We've recycled countless coordinators, coaches, etc all to make Dak "more comfortable".
and the guy that's come the closest (so far) was the latest desired fall guy.

People are angry that McCarthy is still around. He dumbed down and simplified the offense to such a basic level that even Dak could prosper in it, against bottom feeding NFC East type teams. That is, until they got to the postseason and big boy ball, then he crumpled like a Walmart deer blind in a stiff breeze.

But, hey, let's pay him $60 million a year because "we have no choice" and then keep finding other scapegoats all over the roster to sacrifice every off season.
Ridiculous.
....then Dak should wish he was like Josh Allen, paid, loved and defended at all costs, and his QB IQ is not compared as a Walmart deer blind.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Yeah our entire philosophy is trash. We are a finese team who gets bullied by the big boys. These guys knew they were in trouble in the first freaking quarter. Their body language was telling.
they thought their finese would be enough to beat a BULLY

Reactions: CWR

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
The o-line doesn't run block well enough to lean on the run game, no matter who's at RB

And the OC (McCarthy) is not good at Big Game game plans. The playcalling is conservative and suspect early in Big Games.

So Dak has to overcome a lack of a consistent running game and bad play calls or play designs.

Plus penalties.

Is Dak the answer? Maybe not. But I think Burrow and Mahomes would struggle with this roster and OC as well, let alone any other supposedly top-tier QBs (Josh Allen, Lamar, Purdy, Herbert, Stroud, Lawrence, etc.)

Throughout the playoffs, you see a lot of defensive and offensive plays that are a huge success simply based on the scheme. People are wide open, or it's the perfect call against the opponent's offense or defense, so then the play is a huge success (unblocked rushers, or a well-timed screen against a blitz). These RARELY happen for the Cowboys, especially in a Big Game. We don't have those kinds of OCs, they don't win the chess match, not great at the Xs and Os. Hard to win when you can't find simple ways to gain yards, and when the defense can't confuse the QB and the offense.
Lol

Kwyn

Reaction score
3 all pros on the o line and one of the top wr in the league

Two of his first 3 seasons he had the leading rusher in the NFL

Not sure if this is a serious question but yes he's had a full cupboard to work with almost his entire career. The only position we've been seriously deficient at offense wise, is QB
To be honest, I don’t feel any of those three deserved to be all-pros.

Did you see all-pro level play from anyone on the OLine?

Reactions: CWR

morat1959

Reaction score
You can’t supply him with enough. He is what he is. It’s beyond me why more can’t see this. Here’s a broken record…he’s never won anything going back to HS.

Corinthiano

Reaction score
The o-line doesn't run block well enough to lean on the run game, no matter who's at RB

And the OC (McCarthy) is not good at Big Game game plans. The playcalling is conservative and suspect early in Big Games.

So Dak has to overcome a lack of a consistent running game and bad play calls or play designs.

Plus penalties.

Is Dak the answer? Maybe not. But I think Burrow and Mahomes would struggle with this roster and OC as well, let alone any other supposedly top-tier QBs (Josh Allen, Lamar, Purdy, Herbert, Stroud, Lawrence, etc.)

Throughout the playoffs, you see a lot of defensive and offensive plays that are a huge success simply based on the scheme. People are wide open, or it's the perfect call against the opponent's offense or defense, so then the play is a huge success (unblocked rushers, or a well-timed screen against a blitz). These RARELY happen for the Cowboys, especially in a Big Game. We don't have those kinds of OCs, they don't win the chess match, not great at the Xs and Os. Hard to win when you can't find simple ways to gain yards, and when the defense can't confuse the QB and the offense.
Mahomes weapons: 34yrs Kelce and a bunch of below average receivers at best. His RBs are the greats Pacheco and Helaire, both with fewer rushing yds than Pollard. And we have more All- Pro OL than KC.

So, yeah. I'm just wondering what Mahomes could do with Dallas ofensive roster...

CWR

Reaction score
Mahomes weapons: 34yrs Kelce and a bunch of below average receivers at best. His RBs are the greats Pacheco and Helaire, both with fewer rushing yds than Pollard. And we have more All- Pro OL than KC.

So, yeah. I'm just wondering what Mahomes could do with Dallas ofensive roster...
34 year old Kelce still destroyed the league. Rice is gonna be a solid wr and Pacheco is absolutely better than Pollard. Our all pros are nonsense. It's typical Cowboys hype. This line couldn't run block to save its life.

Dak still ain't Mahomes.

CCBoy

Reaction score
9 All Pros, a new playcaller and homfield advantage and still couldnt get it done

He never will folks. Hes a loser. You can give him the Ravens Defense. If they hold the opposing team to 17, Dak will only score 16
Only if momentum so dictated, if the loss was by one. That is on game changes, not Dak.