Have we supplied Dak with enough to be successful?

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Focus and rehearsal does improve both in identification and reduces time for performance. That focus and rehearsal does improve rhythm and even focus for receiving the ball. Very relevant even if a fan prefers just to get another talent involved for team changes in a specific area on team supportl.

Yea, that was English and two sentences.
It’s an interesting question — how much talent is inborn and how much is developed. I do think people have certain physical limitations that can’t be improved upon. This fact probably also applies to the mental arena. It is true that things can be improved upon in the ways you suggested (otherwise there would be no need for coaching), but the question is how much? It maybe such that Dak has simply just reach the limit if his potential after 8 years and it won’t get any better. In fact, it appears as though it has gotten worse when more pressure is applied.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Since his tenure he's had a Ferrari of a team(talent wise) compared to the vast majority of the league. Most quarterbacks go through their entire career with half the talent Dallas has put on the field for Dak.

Just this past year
3 all pro OL - granted run blocking was bad overall
Top WR...and Cooks who's another 1k reciever
Slightly above average run game. People want to act like we had literally no run game for some reason
One of the better defenses in the regular season

Then he's had...sometimes a combination of these all in the same season
Premier rb game first two years
Best OL in football a couple years
Multiple 1k recievers
Above average TE's
Better defense Romo ever saw bar a year

Dak is not the guy to lift the team up. Never was and never will be. But it doesn't matter if we had all pros at every postion. The culture in Dallas is is the knife in the heart. JJ can talk and cry all he wants about championships he doesn't give a flying F honestly as long as the cowboys continue to be a printing press for money
but why can't he have the very best at every position?

I read on here that the other qb's have the very best players in the whole NFL at every position.

This sucks, why does the NFL hate the dakie?

BoysForLife

Reaction score
For 8 years I keep replacing my tires on my truck, yet the same broken down motor still needs replaced. I am trying to figure out what's wrong each year and the shop tells me I have all pro tires every year?! The guy who is responsible for the motor tells me it's a good one. Any advice?
:laugh: nailed it

leeblair

Reaction score
Think long and hard at the players that have come in here to this offense, was there at one point where he had enough, or was he never adequately supplied to be successful.

On the other hand, I know the defense being better surely could have helped. Please give your thoughts
He needs someone to play quarterback.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I'm one of Dak's bigger critics and I say no we haven't (this season at least). You can't win it all with no rungame in place. Simple as that.

But no offense is perfect. You can't have it all. Dak will have to work with he's got. So I say don't invest too much into a great RB but fix that o line. It has more holes than a swiss cheese. You need new personell and a new O line coach. Even mediocre RBs (and QBs ;) ) will look good with a great o line. So work on that, everything else will fall into play.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I'm one of Dak's bigger critics and I say no we haven't (this season at least). You can't win it all with no rungame in place. Simple as that.

But no offense is perfect. You can't have it all. Dak will have to work with he's got. So I say don't invest too much into a great RB but fix that o line. It has more holes than a swiss cheese. You need new personell and a new O line coach. Even mediocre RBs (and QBs ;) ) will look good with a great o line. So work on that, everything else will fall into play.
Have to do his deal first before anything

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I’m scratching my head at this thread. :huh: Dak was in the MVP race this season. He led the NFL in TD passes, becoming only the second Cowboys QB to accomplish that. He completed a franchise record 69.5% of his passes. His number one WR set a franchise record with over 1700 receiving yards. The Cowboys had the 5th ranked offense plus the highest scoring offense and someone is asking if Dak was supplied with enough to be successful? He probably would have been successful in the playoffs if he had a running game and a defense.

ShortRound

Reaction score
We had the same questions/issues with Romo. If only we had a better Defense, better Offensive Line, etc...
We'll never have everything position 100% All-Pro HOF'ers.

Crazy part is there no limit on salary for the coaching staff, and Jerry doesn't change it up.
But what's the point of arguing huh? lol. Jerry won't change.

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
No. He needs a hall of fame RB, 2 all-pro WRs, an all-pro TE, and 5 pro-bowl O-lineman. Oh, and a generational Defense like the '85 Bears, Steel Curtain, Doomsday, or 2000 Ravens. I dont know how we can expect our $50 million QB to win without that. According to the Dak lovers on here it seems all the QBs who win superbowls have these.