Have we supplied Dak with enough to be successful?

Thorn

Reaction score
Hard question to answer but it is obvious that Dak needs a great running game to take the pressure off of him. We didn’t do that this year and hope we will next year. We are stuck with Dak, so maybe a great running game with improved defense will help.

CCBoy

Reaction score
34 year old Kelce still destroyed the league. Rice is gonna be a solid wr and Pacheco is absolutely better than Pollard. Our all pros are nonsense. It's typical Cowboys hype. This line couldn't run block to save its life.

Dak still ain't Mahomes.
Kelce has done more in playoffs than even Jerry Rice.

Reactions: CWR

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
2 choices:

1-A great QB who will elevate the team weakness when needed.
2-Build an all star supporting cast in every position ( to hide the QB deficiencies).

CCBoy

Reaction score
Hard question to answer but it is obvious that Dak needs a great running game to take the pressure off of him. We didn’t do that this year and hope we will next year. We are stuck with Dak, so maybe a great running game with improved defense will help.
Running improves 1st downs and Red Zone for scoring. It also affects dynamics and rhythm on drives. In turn scoring opportunities.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Last I heard,
There were 9 All Pros on this team.
To include Dak.

For me personally, it's an example of how much more help does he need?
running back
defensive takle
linebacker

Me? and a very strong offensive tackle fulll of pep and is full of pancake blocks

75boyz

Reaction score
2 choices:

1-A great QB who will elevate the team weakness when needed.
2-Build an all star supporting cast in every position ( to hide the QB deficiencies).
Yeah, spot on man.
I'm not able to understand how other QBs who did not have 9 All Pro selections are still able to elevate their team to a level that masks over other team needs.

The old saying a franchise QB hides over several team warts holds true. But our QB always seems to get a pass in this regard.

smh

Redline360

Reaction score
Since his tenure he's had a Ferrari of a team(talent wise) compared to the vast majority of the league. Most quarterbacks go through their entire career with half the talent Dallas has put on the field for Dak.

Just this past year
3 all pro OL - granted run blocking was bad overall
Top WR...and Cooks who's another 1k reciever
Slightly above average run game. People want to act like we had literally no run game for some reason
One of the better defenses in the regular season

Then he's had...sometimes a combination of these all in the same season
Premier rb game first two years
Best OL in football a couple years
Multiple 1k recievers
Above average TE's
Better defense Romo ever saw bar a year

Dak is not the guy to lift the team up. Never was and never will be. But it doesn't matter if we had all pros at every postion. The culture in Dallas is is the knife in the heart. JJ can talk and cry all he wants about championships he doesn't give a flying F honestly as long as the cowboys continue to be a printing press for money

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
we get one make promises we're going to run more and pass often, then what?

CWR

Reaction score
Last I heard,
There were 9 All Pros on this team.
To include Dak.

For me personally, it's an example of how much more help does he need?
They can talk about all pros all they want but when we are the worst running team and have the worst run defense the last 6 or 8 weeks or whatever it is, how much are those popularity picks worth?

Cowboys are over rated period.

75boyz

Reaction score
Since his tenure he's had a Ferrari of a team(talent wise) compared to the vast majority of the league. Most quarterbacks go through their entire career with half the talent Dallas has put on the field for Dak.

Just this past year
3 all pro OL - granted run blocking was bad overall
Top WR...and Cooks who's another 1k reciever
Slightly above average run game. People want to act like we had literally no run game for some reason
One of the better defenses in the regular season

Then he's had...sometimes a combination of these all in the same season
Premier rb game first two years
Best OL in football a couple years
Multiple 1k recievers
Above average TE's
Better defense Romo ever saw bar a year

Dak is not the guy to lift the team up. Never was and never will be. But it doesn't matter if we had all pros at every postion. The culture in Dallas is is the knife in the heart. JJ can talk and cry all he wants about championships he doesn't give a flying F honestly as long as the cowboys continue to be a printing press for money
I fully support this post.
Well done bro.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Clearly no because he hasn't succeeded. That's not to say he hasn't had weapons or an outstanding OL. What i'm saying is clearly they haven't done enough. And part of that is the defense faulters in big games too.

Ozone22

Reaction score
To be fair doesn't every quarterback need a decent running game to take the pressure off of them? Look what San Francisco did traded for Christian McCaffrey. Every team that made the playoffs this year had a better running game than Dallas.

ICP

Reaction score
I think it's so comical when I see these have we given Dak enough weapons etc, etc. Does he need a team with no weaknesses to win? Then there's guys like Mahomes (yeah, I know there should be no comparison) that lose arguably the best receiver in football and still make it to the Championship game

DaveRowe

Reaction score
No matter the sport, there are players that step up when championships are on the line Reggie Jackson, Magic Johnson, Tom Brady, et al. Unfortunately, the reverse is true. I think that the Dallas Cowboy organization has done more than enough make Dak a winner. They have got him a decent core of receivers and the line are above average pass blockers. Granted Dallas doesn't have a hard running back with Zeke but he appeared to be in a downward spiral. Some good players just aren't big game players. I don't know the reason why but it's the way it is. it is and it's been that way since the beginning of sport. .