CFZ Here’s why lost and what needs to happen to improve

Jimcz

Reaction score
This team is an utter embarrasment and it's getting hard to continue supporting when you know nothing will change and next year around this time, other fans will be laughing at us as we look like a circus over and over.

Next year will be the same nothing to look forward Too. Maybe some new faces same owner same outcome.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unlike last year in that embarrassing first round loss to the niners, the Cowboys came out and played very hard tonight. They played with way more fire than they did last year vs the niners. And it still wasn’t enough. Hate to say it my friends but the niners are a better team than we are. Period. They deserve to be in the NFC championship game next Sun.

Being even more blunt- the niners had more talent at key positions than we do. They added Christian McAffrey. They have two of the best defensive players in the entire league in Nick Bosa and Fred Warner. Serious Question: What did we add this year that made us way better?

Here’s why we lost IMO:
  • The niners are a better team. They are better at multiple positions and they are better coached than we are. Kyle Shanahan is an offensive genius. Brock Purdy is an average NFL talent who is surrounded by top 5 talent at multiple positions. Their defense is top shelf.
  • I think we went as far as this team’s talent could have taken it. Dak is not good enough to carry this team. He can win playoff games if he has more of the top tier talent around him team like SF has.
  • The two interceptions were killers.
  • Micah Parsons needs help. He‘s great, but he’s not enough alone. We need lots of help at DL and in the secondary.
  • The niners and eagles got way better this off-season. We got a little better. We did not improve enough last off-season. They did. It’s that simple.
Here‘s a few things that should happen:
  • You can’t build with just the draft. FA and trades matter. The two NFC championship teams were aggressive this off-season. We were not. If we don’t learn how to get better in FA, this team will fall back not get better.
  • We do not have a great front office. They do NOT know how to build a playoff winner. We have 28 years of receipts. They don’t understand how to be aggressive in FA and trades and it shows. THAT MUST CHANGE.
  • Jerry needs to hire a strategic advisor to help plan their off-season. We must have an aggressive off-season or this team goes backward. The Jones boys don’t know what they’re doing.
  • They should explore trading Dak or get aggressive to surround him with more talent. This team does not have enough offensive talent at multiple positions.
This is just an early assessment. Lots more to think about.
But to me it’s crystal clear- this team does not have enough talent and lacks the front office strategic ability to fix it without help.
:clap:

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know one thing, you’re not gonna win scratch if your not willing to throw the ball downfield.

plymkr

Reaction score
We do not have a great front office. They do NOT know how to build a playoff winner. We have 28 years of receipts. They don’t understand how to be aggressive in FA and trades and it shows. THAT MUST CHANGE.
I feel this is the alpha and omega of our team. This may seem like a oversimplification but we lost because we're a losing organization. We've been a sub par organization for 27 years. We as fans can debate Dak, Diggs, Zeke, DLaw, etc but at the end of the day it's a losing organization. Depressing but true. If the organization doesn't rethink the team building model then we shouldn't expect different results.

I'm angry right now but I really hate Jerry Jones. I think he might be my most hated figure in sports. I hate him because the model isn't working and he won't change it. Whether it's ego, delusions, stubbornness or stupidity. He won't change and I hate that.

visionary

Reaction score
I think it starts and stops with coaching. For 3 quarters Dallas controlled the game with their defense. If the offensive coaches could've done anything during those 3 quarters this game is over by the 4th quarter.

I really don't think the niners are better at all.
Problem is that you homers want to be super fans and ignore the obvious

HC, OC, Dak, Diggs, Schultz need to go is we want to actually win a SB

Gaede

Reaction score
I feel this is the alpha and omega of our team. This may seem like a oversimplification but we lost because we're a losing organization. We've been a sub par organization for 27 years. We as fans can debate Dak, Diggs, Zeke, DLaw, etc but at the end of the day it's a losing organization. Depressing but true. If the organization doesn't rethink the team building model then we shouldn't expect different results.

I'm angry right now but I really hate Jerry Jones. I think he might be my most hated figure in sports. I hate him because the model isn't working and he won't change it. Whether it's ego, delusions, stubbornness or stupidity. He won't change and I hate that.
Totally agreed. Dak is just another symptom of the Jones disease. Jerry, and now his son, have no idea how to build a winning football team and culture.

Like the OP said, there is literally 28 years worth of proof. Dak is the reason we lost this game, but Jerry and Stephen are the reason we never win

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
Problem is that you homers want to be super fans and ignore the obvious

HC, OC, Dak, Diggs, Schultz need to go is we want to actually win a SB
I would add Zeke to the list. However, I want to see if it is the OC or the QB that is the problem. It was rumoured that KM has a rather complex offense playbook. We seem to be only using the ones for dummies version if it is true. I want to know why.

Also Dak doesn't seem to have a security blanket at all. For Romo it was Witten. Schultz is good security in the Red Zone but that's about it. Dak checks down too late for the running backs to be. Basically, the chemistry is off. I think it is more on Dak than KM. Since KM can only call the plays but it takes execution to make it happen. So, I think that is why we have this watered down version off an offense.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Unlike last year in that embarrassing first round loss to the niners, the Cowboys came out and played very hard tonight. They played with way more fire than they did last year vs the niners. And it still wasn’t enough. Hate to say it my friends but the niners are a better team than we are. Period. They deserve to be in the NFC championship game next Sun.

Being even more blunt- the niners had more talent at key positions than we do. They added Christian McAffrey. They have two of the best defensive players in the entire league in Nick Bosa and Fred Warner. Serious Question: What did we add this year that made us way better?

Here’s why we lost IMO:
  • The niners are a better team. They are better at multiple positions and they are better coached than we are. Kyle Shanahan is an offensive genius. Brock Purdy is an average NFL talent who is surrounded by top 5 talent at multiple positions. Their defense is top shelf.
  • I think we went as far as this team’s talent could have taken it. Dak is not good enough to carry this team. He can win playoff games if he has more of the top tier talent around him team like SF has.
  • The two interceptions were killers.
  • Micah Parsons needs help. He‘s great, but he’s not enough alone. We need lots of help at DL and in the secondary.
  • The niners and eagles got way better this off-season. We got a little better. We did not improve enough last off-season. They did. It’s that simple.
Here‘s a few things that should happen:
  • You can’t build with just the draft. FA and trades matter. The two NFC championship teams were aggressive this off-season. We were not. If we don’t learn how to get better in FA, this team will fall back not get better.
  • We do not have a great front office. They do NOT know how to build a playoff winner. We have 28 years of receipts. They don’t understand how to be aggressive in FA and trades and it shows. THAT MUST CHANGE.
  • Jerry needs to hire a strategic advisor to help plan their off-season. We must have an aggressive off-season or this team goes backward. The Jones boys don’t know what they’re doing.
  • They should explore trading Dak or get aggressive to surround him with more talent. This team does not have enough offensive talent at multiple positions.
This is just an early assessment. Lots more to think about.
But to me it’s crystal clear- this team does not have enough talent and lacks the front office strategic ability to fix it without help.
BH, I've been saying all of what you said all season long. That this Dak-led team made it this far is astounding. They over accomplished with lesser weapons and so many injuries throughout the season. This offseason will be interesting. So many moves need to be made if this team is to be improved. Don't know if this front office is smart enough to fix so many holes and make this team better, especially with limited salary cap space.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I would add Zeke to the list. However, I want to see if it is the OC or the QB that is the problem. It was rumoured that KM has a rather complex offense playbook. We seem to be only using the ones for dummies version if it is true. I want to know why.

Also Dak doesn't seem to have a security blanket at all. For Romo it was Witten. Schultz is good security in the Red Zone but that's about it. Dak checks down too late for the running backs to be. Basically, the chemistry is off. I think it is more on Dak than KM. Since KM can only call the plays but it takes execution to make it happen. So, I think that is why we have this watered down version off an offense.
Kurt Warner has shown through his post-game weekly analysis videos how he understands this Offense's problems and what better plays to run than Kellen Moore does. He also constantly brings up what better decisions Dak could have made. That falls on the O-Coordinator, QB coach and receivers coach. This has been going on all season long. Add the lack of true weapons at WR (other than CeeDee), plus an injury-riddled Oline and limited running attack, well, the end result is what we've got.

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
Kurt Warner has shown through his post-game weekly analysis videos how he understands this Offense's problems and what better plays to run than Kellen Moore does. He also constantly brings up what better decisions Dak could have made. That falls on the O-Coordinator, QB coach and receivers coach. This has been going on all season long. Add the lack of true weapons at WR (other than CeeDee), plus an injury-riddled Oline and limited running attack, well, the end result is what we've got.
True and well said. So, how do they fix it? How do they get the best out of their guys using their skill sets?

ZekeTrain

Reaction score
I'm not going to disagree. But we are closer than you think. Good QB play tonight and we win.
Exactly. Dak left 21 points on the field. 3 times guys were open behind the defense and he either underthrew them or out in a position they couldn't catch it. Twice with lamb and once with Gallup.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Thanks brother. Tonight was another frustrating night. I’m hoping (probably in vain) that JJ and SJ wake up and realize they need some help because they are getting schooled in the off season by other GMs. I actually think in the end, the Off-season was a big reason we lost tonight.

No doubt. TY Hilton has been a good find. However, this team had some flaws that a better free agency period could have fixed before the season started. Perhaps the fact that we got this far will convince Jerry to be more proactive in FA?