Here Is The Problem With Garrett.. Cowboys 20th In Rushing Attempts..

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2501907 said:
Exactly like the Ravens. It is hard to string together 10 or 12 play drives aginst a team like the Ravens. Because Dallas does have some big play guys on the team that can strike at any time is very benifical to the Cowboys. These are the type of games where field position will be key because 80 yard drives will be hard to get vs the Ravens but by the same token the Cowboys also have a very good defense who is playing with confidence, if we can force turnovers and setup the offense with good field position we could have a very good day.

I said it earlier, that it will come down to field position and the foot of Folk.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101;2501907 said:
Exactly like the Ravens. It is hard to string together 10 or 12 play drives aginst a team like the Ravens. Because Dallas does have some big play guys on the team that can strike at any time is very benifical to the Cowboys. These are the type of games where field position will be key because 80 yard drives will be hard to get vs the Ravens but by the same token the Cowboys also have a very good defense who is playing with confidence, if we can force turnovers and setup the offense with good field position we could have a very good day.

I agree.

To me Baltimore is "Pittsburgh light".

It's defense isn't quite as good, especially the corners.

And the offense isn't good at all.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2501920 said:
I said it earlier, that it will come down to field position and the foot of Folk.

Very well could be the case.

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;2501925 said:
I agree.

To me Baltimore is "Pittsburgh light".

It's defense isn't quite as good, especially the corners.

And the offense isn't good at all.

Dude, the Ravens are second in almost every ranking on defense. They are just as good as the Steelers.

Their offense is 28th in passing and #6 rushing.

The Cowboys stop the run, they can pressure Flacco into mistakes.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2501936 said:
This why I have been saying that Garrett better bring it this week..... BALANCE!

I expect Garrett will try and mix things up but I still expect that Dallas will throw a bit more than run. We have most of our playmakers in the passing game including Choice and Barber coming out of the backfield. I think we have TE who can makeup well on the LB of the Ravens and as always if they want to play TO one on one then I expect TO will have a big game. I think Dallas has to run enough to keep them honest up front but you are not going to make a living running on them

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
It's virtually the same offense Norv ran. A passing attack early that set up a late running attack. Unfortunately though, we aren't getting far enough ahead in games these days to rely solely on the running game in the second half of games.

That's the way it was though. Aikman to Irvin>Harper>Novacek to open up defenses in the first half to grind out the clock in the second half with Emmitt.

But personally, I think this whole offensive style of Norv>Jason is too predictable and simple. And much of it's only success was with the likes of the magnificent Triplets plus 2 of Harper>Novacek running the show for a while there. Only to see it's grandeur quickly disappear once we lost the "plus 2".

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pick6TerenceNewman;2501934 said:
Dude, the Ravens are second in almost every ranking on defense. They are just as good as the Steelers.

Their offense is 28th in passing and #6 rushing.

The Cowboys stop the run, they can pressure Flacco into mistakes.

Let's look at the list of power-packed offenses the Ravens have faced...

Cincy twice
P-burg twice
Oakland
Miami
Tennesee
Houston
Cleveland twice
Washington

They've played 3 good offenses:
Indy
NYG
Philly

A good defense-- Yeah.

Some incredible defensive machine comparable to the '85 Bears?

Not hardly-dude.

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2501943 said:
I expect Garrett will try and mix things up but I still expect that Dallas will throw a bit more than run. We have most of our playmakers in the passing game including Choice and Barber coming out of the backfield. I think we have TE who can makeup well on the LB of the Ravens and as always if they want to play TO one on one then I expect TO will have a big game. I think Dallas has to run enough to keep them honest up front but you are not going to make a living running on them

Samari Rolle VS Owens... I like that matchup.

Fabian Washington VS Owens.. Like that too.

Frank Walker VS Owens.. Love it!

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;2501969 said:

Cincy twice
P-burg twice
Oakland
Miami
Tennesee
Houston
Cleveland twice
Washington

Indy
NYG
Philly

A good defense-- Yeah.

Not hardly-dude.

We can say the same I guess for the Steelers, correct?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pick6TerenceNewman;2501976 said:
We can say the same I guess for the Steelers, correct?

And I do.

Their defense doesn't remind of the '85 Bears either.

You put the Cowboys against them on a field that isn't inhibited by the weather and the Cowboys would score at least 20 on them.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;2501969 said:

Cincy twice
P-burg twice
Oakland
Miami
Tennesee
Houston
Cleveland twice
Washington

Indy
NYG
Philly

A good defense-- Yeah.

Not hardly-dude.

Nice breakdown of their opponents faced. Wasn't aware that they faced that many sub-par offenses. The only offense that is comparable to ours would be Indy. I think we get things going offensively and I think we put up around 35. 35-10 is my original estimate and I'm sticking to it.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NextGenBoys;2502017 said:
Nice breakdown of their opponents faced. Wasn't aware that they faced that many sub-par offenses. The only offense that is comparable to ours would be Indy. I think we get things going offensively and I think we put up around 35. 35-10 is my original estimate and I'm sticking to it.

Good point.

And Indy spanked'em.

Eskimo

Reaction score
AKATheRake;2501246 said:
Peyton Manning is pretty darn good at it too.

Peyton is #2 at play-action - truly a master of the game.

Eskimo

Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2501391 said:
Time of possession has been a killer most of the season. If we aren't hitting big strikes and scoring quickly we are struggling with 3 and outs..

I think this is due to an inconsistent running and short-passing game - we tend to pick up our yardage in big chunks - both in the running and passing game.