He's No Underdog. Amendola Has Strong Shot At Roster Spot

cowboys2233

Reaction score
tomson75;2168217 said:
Only I don't understand why a Cowboy fan would openly dismiss a player trying to make his team just because he's an UDFA, or he's bringing up the comparison problem. While it is annoying, it shouldn't reflect directly on the player. By all counts, Amendola is saying, and doing, all of the right things.

Agreed -- if we had a problem with that, we would be lacking a certain star QB right now.

If a guy can play, a guy can play. It is possible to slip through the cracks, ask Kurt Warner. I hope and believe Amendola makes the team, not because of the feel-good aspect of it, but because it sounds like he'll make us a better, deeper team.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
cowboys2233;2168202 said:
Chocolate Lab admitted I was right.............I love the dots too! Wheeee!

Um, no I didn't. I don't think you're right at all.

As players, JB and DA don't have anything in common, other than being white.

Unless you're going to claim that every late pick and undrafted guy is similar, and that's incredibly weak. Maybe DA and Erik Walden are just alike, too. :cool:

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2168239 said:
Um, no I didn't. I don't think you're right at all.

As players, JB and DA don't have anything in common, other than being white.

Unless you're going to claim that every late pick and undrafted guy is similar, and that's incredibly weak. Maybe DA and Erik Walden are just alike, too. :cool:

You didn't?

Yes, that is what I'm suggesting.

You said I was right when I inferred that you were suggesting that the only comparison between the two was that they are white. Since that is the part of my post that he referenced, I can only assume that's what he thought I was wrong about, my inference. Guess it's hard to know *** he was suggesting with his well-thought out and detailed "wrong....." answer. :LOL

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Velvet Jones;2168259 said:
Sigh.. Why keep him talking, Chocolate Lab?

Hey Velvet, weren't you one of the smart guys who thought that there was no way the Packers would trade Favre to Minnesota? Are you still taking that stance?

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2168268 said:
Hey Velvet, weren't you one of the smart guys who thought that there was no way the Packers would trade Favre to Minnesota? Are you still taking that stance?

I don't feel like searching so go ahead and search if you want. I personally don't care where Favre goes or who he plays for.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Velvet Jones;2168275 said:
I don't feel like searching so go ahead and search if you want. I personally don't care where Favre goes or who he plays for.

You don't know what your own opinion was? Okay... :lmao:

speedkilz88

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2168268 said:
If that happens, the Packers front office are morons.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
speedkilz88;2168298 said:
If that happens, the Packers front office are morons.

For the 15,000th time, it's a hell of lot better than paying the man to sit on the bench making $12 million and breathing down Rodgers' neck.

The Pack have said time and time again that they've moved on, now's their time to prove it. If they are so worried about him going to Minnesota, they have NOT moved on.

Personally, I think they should let him go. If Rodgers is the bad *** they think he is, what are they so worried about? Speaking of which, I am reversing my stance on Rodgers, when I said he speaks in cliche-filled sentences and suggested because of that, it showed the situation was too big for him and he wouldn't amount to much as a QB.

In hearing him talk, he actually sounds like he's got a really good head on his shoulders, MUCH more than Rex Grossman does (which is who I had compared him to) and he might turn out to be really good. He might have a lot more of "it" than I had originally thought.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2168320 said:
For the 15,000th time, it's a hell of lot better than paying the man to sit on the bench making $12 million and breathing down Rodgers' neck.

The Pack have said time and time again that they've moved on, now's their time to prove it. If they are so worried about him going to Minnesota, they have NOT moved on.

Personally, I think they should let him go. If Rodgers is the bad *** they think he is, what are they so worried about? Speaking of which, I am reversing my stance on Rodgers, when I said he speaks in cliche-filled sentences and suggested because of that, it showed the situation was too big for him and he wouldn't amount to much as a QB.

In hearing him talk, he actually sounds like he's got a really good head on his shoulders, MUCH more than Rex Grossman does (which is who I had compared him to) and he might turn out to be really good. He might have a lot more of "it" than I had originally thought.
For the 15,000th time:lmao2:, the Packers can trade him to an AFC team like the JETS so that they don't help one of their competitors within the division or conference.:p:

cowboys2233

Reaction score
speedkilz88;2168327 said:
For the 15,000th time:lmao2:, the Packers can trade him to an AFC team like the JETS so that they don't help one of their competitors within the division or conference.:p:

Good lord, you're not the sharpest knife in the drawer, are you? The Packers cannot trade him to a team like the JETS if Favre doesn't want to go to the JETS....for the 15,001st time. :shoot4:

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
peppersquad;2168326 said:
I couldn't pull this kid out of a lineup of 2 and I'm already sick of him.

I'm sure the coaches will take that into account.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2168338 said:
Good lord, you're not the sharpest knife in the drawer, are you? The Packers cannot trade him to a team like the JETS if Favre doesn't want to go to the JETS....for the 15,001st time. :shoot4:
Did Favre say it wouldn't? Maybe your not the sharpest knife in the drawer bud.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Aven8;2167872 said:
Please See Below

VOTE "NO" FOR THE CHRIS SIMMS TO DALLAS CAMPAIGN 2008
HE'S A LOSER

what does Chris simms have to do with this? please stay on topic...

fortdick

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2168293 said:
You don't know what your own opinion was? Okay... :lmao:
Ya know, even though I agree with you occasionally, you remind me of TheProphet, or Philo, both of whom annoyed everyone so bad that they were booted. Plz settle down 'lil buckaroo!

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
PosterChild;2167759 said:
Tuck this away for later:

Lemon-Ginger Roasted Crow Ingredients
MARINATED CROW Lengthwise
6 Lemons Salt and Pepper
2 Inches Fresh Gingerroot, 3 Large Crows (can use Ravens
Chopped GLAZED ONIONS
1/2 c Honey 1/3 c Packed Brown Sugar
1/3 c Cooking Oil 2 lb Onions, sliced
1 Stalk Lemongrass, split Lemon Slices

Instructions for Lemon-Ginger Roasted Crow

Marinated Crows: Grate zest from 3 lemons and juice all 6 lemons. In a medium bowl whisk together grated lemon zest, lemon juice, ginger, honey and oil. Add lemongrass. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Split Crows in half lengthwise. Arrange in a single layer in a large plastic bag set in a shallow roasting pan. Pour marinade over them. Tie bag tightly closed, pressing as much marinade as possible up around Crows. Refrigerate 12 hours or overnight, turning bag once.

Roasted Crow: Preheat oven to 375=F8F. Drain Crows, reserving marinade. Discard lemongrass from marinade. Arrange birds skin side up in same baking pan. Pour half the marinade over them. Bake at 375=F8F for 35 minutes. Baste the birds with pan juices. Continue baking 25 minutes until juices run clear when thighs are pierced with a fork.

Season to taste.

Bonappetit !!

:lmao2:

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
fortdick;2168385 said:
Ya know, even though I agree with you occasionally, you remind me of TheProphet, or Philo, both of whom annoyed everyone so bad that they were booted. Plz settle down 'lil buckaroo!

He's even worse on another MB......................