Hey Nors

k19

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Nors strikes again!

He arrives like a flash in the night spreading confusion and chaos and just as the good guys arrive to clean up the mess, Nors puts up the invisible walls to pretend he doesn't see the truth.

And then off to render another thread incomprehensible.

He has his own thread with 10 pages and counting as well as over 100 posts in it so he can actually say he accomplished something :rolleyes:

I can't wait to see the headline in the National Inquirer
that nors actually is the mastermind behind the Pats Dynasty

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
K19 said:
But he has his own thread with over 100 posts in it so he can actually say he accomplished something :rolleyes:

If Nors wasn't allowed to post anything concerning current or former Pat's players and the 3-4 his post count would be about 126 at this point.

k19

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
If Nors wasn't allowed to post anything concerning current or former Pat's players and the 3-4 his post count would be about 126 at this point.

As I have said before there are times I think I went to a Pats web site rather than a Cowboys site. Nors and his "single white female" type infatuation with the Pats lives on.

Hey MW you ever wonder if Nors wears a funny little headband and sweatshirt constantly like BB :D

k19

Reaction score
What ever will be next from the Holy Mountain of Foxboro

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
K19 said:
He has his own thread with 10 pages and counting as well as over 100 posts in it so he can actually say he accomplished something :rolleyes:

Nor is Scott Pioli...who is quietly a cowboys fan to the dismay of the patriots. :p

k19

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Nor is Scott Pioli...who is quietly a cowboys fan to the dismay of the patriots. :p

I shall call him Mini Me

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:

I believe this thread asked me a relevant question. I answered it.
BTW - Junk
Boston herald reported today that Pioli turned down a 5 year deal for $15 for a promotion to be the Sehags GM.

Lock it down. Thread over! Issues answered.

And these threads have legs - go figure. :D

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
Nors said:
All teams have a GM. All GM's have a player personnell guy. Past decade it was.

GM - JJ
Player Personel - Lacewell

And coach off to the side - that is dysfunctional

In Fact that was how Kraft ran Pats front office pre Bellicheck. Remember, Kraft Refused to give Parcells GM and control? Thats why he LEFT.

Pats today
GM - Belichick
Player Personel - Pioli

Pioli to even have his name mentioned is significant in that as I posted to start, you can't name offhand the other 31 teams player personel guys.
"Again, Last Time To Be Wrong" should have been the subject of your last post! :p

The ENTIRE NFL doesn't consist of two teams- Dallas and New England. You completely brushed off my post even though it is dead on accurate. EVERY NFL team's organizational hierarchy is UNIQUE and some GM's perform different duties than their "counterparts."

Some GMs (like Bruce Allen in Atlanta) are big "cap and contract" guys. Here in Dallas, Stephen is the point man for that job and he isn't the GM last time I checked. You also conveniently ignored my mention of Carl Peterson and his role at KC. The Chiefs have a scouting department run by their personnel guy (Stiles is his name I believe), but Peterson is heavily involved in personnel himself and technically has the final say on all player personnel matters.

The person who holds the player personnel position at each NFL team has varying degrees of control and authority depending on the organizational structure of a particular front office. Some are glorified scouts, others play a significant role in acquiring talent for the team.

Unlike Bruce Allen, Ozzie Newsome is Baltimore's GM, yet his player personnel efforts have grabbed many more headlines than even Pioli has. Here's another classic example of a team where the GM has "player personnel" as his forte.

(I will admit Pioli is getting more publicity lately, but that's obviously due to the tremendous success of the Nors England Patriots. ;) )

Waffle

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
And if you remove posts containing all the newspaper articles from 4 years ago, it dwindles down to 27. :)

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Seahawks | Pioli Shoots Down Offer to Take Over - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 14 Feb 2005 06:37:13 -0800

Michael Felger, of the Boston Herald, reports New England Patriots personnel director Scott Pioli was offered a five-year, $15 million deal by the Seattle Seahawks, according to ESPN's Chris Mortensen. However, Pioli turned down the offer despite making less than $1 million per year from the Patriots. Pioli previously said he plans to serve out the remainder of his contract with the Patriots, which runs through 2006. ;)

Waffle

Reaction score
Nors said:
I believe this thread asked me a relevant question. I answered it.
BTW - Junk
Boston herald reported today that Pioli turned down a 5 year deal for $15 for a promotion to be the Sehags GM.

Lock it down. Thread over! Issues answered.

And these threads have legs - go figure. :D
Yeah, these threads have "legs" because people are bored right now. And second, where are all your supporters who agree with your assertions? When debating someone, the ultimate goal is to sell your side of an issue to those on the other side or that sit on the fence and to eventually convince them to agree with you.

Posting "game, set, and match" and "thread over" doesn't mean you win a debate. How many people in this thread did you convince to agree with you? Anyone? Someone's cat maybe? :D

I hear an echo, Nors...

Waffle

Reaction score
Nors said:
Seahawks | Pioli Shoots Down Offer to Take Over - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 14 Feb 2005 06:37:13 -0800

Michael Felger, of the Boston Herald, reports New England Patriots personnel director Scott Pioli was offered a five-year, $15 million deal by the Seattle Seahawks, according to ESPN's Chris Mortensen. However, Pioli turned down the offer despite making less than $1 million per year from the Patriots. Pioli previously said he plans to serve out the remainder of his contract with the Patriots, which runs through 2006. ;)
Nors, can you find out if Pioli got a raise from NE for turning down the Seattle job? Thanks!

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Waffle said:
Nors, can you find out if Pioli got a raise from NE for turning down the Seattle job? Thanks!

Another good read. Pioli is very well paid. Turning down $15M must have been a tough decision.

Pioli named NFL Executive of the Year
By Boston.com, 3/30/2004

Patriots vice president of player personnel Scott Pioli received the NFL Executive of the Year award today at the league’s owners meetings in Palm Beach, Fla.

ADVERTISEMENT

"This is a humbling honor," Pioli said of receiving the award, which is given by the Sporting News. "The award truly represents the ownership, coaching staff, scouting staff and players. To me, it's a statement about the organization."

Pioli, known around the league as one of the best talent evaluators in football, specializes in draft-day success and finding diamonds in the rough in the free-agent market. He received 29 of the 60 votes. Pioli, who turns 39 tomorrow, is the youngest man to win the award, which has been given 34 times.

Pioli was hired to run the Patriots' personnel department in 2000, after having worked alongside Bill Belichick with the Jets and Browns.

Among Pioli’s key moves in the last year were signing free-agent safety Rodney Harrison, drafting defensive back Eugene Wilson in the second round and center Dan Koppen in the fifth and trading for defensive tackle Ted Washington.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Waffle said:
Yeah, these threads have "legs" because people are bored right now. And second, where are all your supporters who agree with your assertions? When debating someone, the ultimate goal is to sell your side of an issue to those on the other side or that sit on the fence and to eventually convince them to agree with you.

Posting "game, set, and match" and "thread over" doesn't mean you win a debate. How many people in this thread did you convince to agree with you? Anyone? Someone's cat maybe? :D

Pioli is not the GM, Belichick is and has total control of all decisions. Pioli is his Player Personell guy. With Any Waznicks resignation, Pioli will take on added responsibilities in front office in 2005.

If people can't comprehend that then so be it.

Lock it down Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

Waffle

Reaction score
Nors said:
Pioli is not the GM, Belichick is and has total control of all decisions. Pioli is his Player Personell guy. With Any Waznicks resignation, Pioli will take on added responsibilities in front office in 2005.

If people can't comprehend that then so be it.

Lock it down Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p
To my knowledge, no one ever said Pioli was the Pat's GM. However, some pointed out that Belichick isn't listed as GM. I'm just saying that some of Pioli's "counterparts" may have different titles other than "player personnel director" at other NFL teams, that's all. Some may have the title of GM (Newsome) while primarily doing the same job description as Pioli.

Why is that so hard to understand? :confused:

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
http://www.dallascowboys.com/team.cfm?mainContent=executive

Pioli's counterpart in Dallas is Stephen Jones. They both report into the GM. Pioli reports in to Bill Belicheck.

To Waffles point, all 32 teams have different structures. Some owners like JJ take on GM roles. The more powerfull coaches are able to command coaching and GM responibilities. BB is one of them.

The whole Parcells argument, If I have to cook the dinner, let me buy the groceries. I can't wait to read the books on JJ/BP and who really is calling the shots.....

Waffle

Reaction score
Nors said:
http://www.dallascowboys.com/team.cfm?mainContent=executive

Pioli's counterpart in Dallas is Stephen Jones. They both report into the GM. Pioli reports in to Bill Belicheck.

To Waffles point, all 32 teams have different structures. Some owners like JJ take on GM roles. The more powerfull coaches are able to command coaching and GM responibilities. BB is one of them.

The whole Parcells argument, If I have to cook the dinner, let me buy the groceries. I can't wait to read the books on JJ/BP and who really is calling the shots.....
Thanks for the link. I think they changed that for Stephen after Lacewell "retired." I wouldn't seriously consider Stephen Jones as Pioli's "counterpart" even though they have the same job title. (In Stephen's case...ONE of his titles)

Anyway, I would say that Jeff Ireland and Bill Parcells are probably closer to doing what Pioli does in NE than Stephen. Who knows?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Waffle said:
Thanks for the link. I think they changed that for Stephen after Lacewell "retired." I wouldn't seriously consider Stephen Jones as Pioli's "counterpart" even though they have the same job title. (In Stephen's case...ONE of his titles)

Anyway, I would say that Jeff Ireland and Bill Parcells are probably closer to doing what Pioli does in NE than Stephen. Who knows?

I see with Lacewell leaving Parcells getting much more involved in player personel. Our drafting, scouting accross the board past decade was horrific. Better past 2 years since BP involved.

I also see Stephen Jones much more involved running the business side of the Cowboys. Pioli and BB are more on the football side of operations.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
I had no idea this would spiral into a 10 page disaster. I apologize to everyone involved. :D

blindzebra

Reaction score
junk said:
I had no idea this would spiral into a 10 page disaster. I apologize to everyone involved. :D

You don't know by now you NEVER ask Nors a question if you want a correct and FACTUAL answer? :D