Hey! (Over from the "official forum" and here to seek a new home)

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
As a moderator on the DC.com site, we've always been told that the organization wants all members to have an opinion (as long as it falls within forum rules). We as moderators have tried to uphold that as we are only volunteers.

Yes we have a new administrator and we have come to the conclusion that what we were told to do all these years, she may have been told otherwise by the powers that be. I don't know but it appears that way.

One of the biggest problems we have faced is those that take matters into their own hands and attack others for the simple fact that they somehow "know" that person is a troll. Attacking another member is against the forum rules, and now with the new admin, she's enforcing that rule. The problem is, some members are getting mad because they're being warned for breaking the rules but thinking it's ok because they've been members for so long.

I'm not sure what happened with you CC, I know you're posting habits all too well, but she doesn't. That's more than likely why what happened, happened.

There's no protecting trolls on the other site. Again, we've been told by the powers that be that a member is allowed to post their opinion as long as it falls within the site rules. It's not up to the members to determine whether they're trolls or not. But unfortunately, many that have recently joined this site, feel that they've been slighted by the moderators and admin, for whatever reason.

The concept is simple. Follow the rules (meaning don't take matters into your own hands) and you don't have to worry about being warned. The problem is, those that have been members of that site for many years, don't adhere to those rules and now the new admin is taking action.

Sorry for the long post but I had to clear things up.
Like when 50 or more of your members tried to aggressively(they broke the rules) tell me that Romo was all that and then some (you protected them), and then you made me out to be the bad guy(banned me). Seems time has run out for their heavenly QB.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maintaining forum harmony is hard. It sucks when things become imbalanced.

To that end, it'd be great if the dispute on the other forum didn't metastasize over here. What's done is done, for whatever good or bad reasons. The powers that be are the powers that be. Everybody's welcome, but I'd rather not have the pleasure of moderating disputes from threads on another site.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

To that end, it'd be great if the dispute on the other forum didn't metastasize over here. What's done is done, for whatever good or bad reasons. The powers that be are the powers that be. Everybody's welcome, but I'd rather not have the pleasure of moderating disputes from threads on another site.
That would be incredibly unfair, for you to inherit someone else's issues, when you had no part in how they were handled before.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That would be incredibly unfair, for you to inherit someone else's issues, when you had no part in how they were handled before.

Plus, it would harsh my mellow. But we're good here. You guys clearly get it. And I get there was trauma that comes with the migration from another site.

I just don't want it bubbling over with a former mod taking up the other side of things. He's said his piece, and that's great. I hope he sticks around a bit and gets involved with some of the Cowboys threads, too.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As a moderator on the DC.com site, we've always been told that the organization wants all members to have an opinion (as long as it falls within forum rules). We as moderators have tried to uphold that as we are only volunteers.

Yes we have a new administrator and we have come to the conclusion that what we were told to do all these years, she may have been told otherwise by the powers that be. I don't know but it appears that way.

One of the biggest problems we have faced is those that take matters into their own hands and attack others for the simple fact that they somehow "know" that person is a troll. Attacking another member is against the forum rules, and now with the new admin, she's enforcing that rule. The problem is, some members are getting mad because they're being warned for breaking the rules but thinking it's ok because they've been members for so long.

I'm not sure what happened with you CC, I know you're posting habits all too well, but she doesn't. That's more than likely why what happened, happened.

There's no protecting trolls on the other site. Again, we've been told by the powers that be that a member is allowed to post their opinion as long as it falls within the site rules. It's not up to the members to determine whether they're trolls or not. But unfortunately, many that have recently joined this site, feel that they've been slighted by the moderators and admin, for whatever reason.

The concept is simple. Follow the rules (meaning don't take matters into your own hands) and you don't have to worry about being warned. The problem is, those that have been members of that site for many years, don't adhere to those rules and now the new admin is taking action.

Sorry for the long post but I had to clear things up.
Hey, Quick, how ya doin? I hope you know I didn't have a problem with you, ksk, OSF64 or any mods. I didn't have a run in with Nurse Ratched and didn't know she'd actually been working in the background for quite some time. When she did show up, I thought it was very poor form to call two long time members out like that and all OF did was answer a question and she jumped him. She may have taken that as an opportunity to send a message to the forum, don't know and it's not important now.

You guys had a tough job because the forum had become something more than just a football forum and that was because y'all allowed us to make it our own. We probably got a little too proprietary about it and felt like taking care of the recurring infiltrators ourselves and that was not our job. Everyone should have just taken the good advice of ignoring them but that's really not what that forum was about, was it? Probably is now or some have been ejected.

When she made the comment about staying on topic, I knew I had to find a new hunting ground because as you say, you know my posting habits all too well and staying on topic just isn't me. If I wanted to, it would be a challenge and it was just time to move on.

Love ya though, man, we go way back when I first signed on and you were one of the first I ever interacted with. Stay here some and post as a member and take a cop's holiday. If you decide not to you guys have a good season over there and God help you of there's a QB controversy. They're pretty dicey here about it and have their own Romorooters as well but that place will get crazy.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Plus, it would harsh my mellow. But we're good here. You guys clearly get it. And I get there was trauma that comes with the migration from another site.

I just don't want it bubbling over with a former mod taking up the other side of things. He's said his piece, and that's great. I hope he sticks around a bit and gets involved with some of the Cowboys threads, too.
He's a good guy and I think he's still a mod over there. Idgit, I cannot speak for anyone but myself but none of what happened over there is going to spill over here. I think most of the posters that came over in the "great migration" have also maintained their membership over there. I have been acting as a new poster here and not really referencing that site or anything about it. I respect what y'all have built here and just want to contribute what I can.

I can also imagine you, Reality and Woodysgirl have shared some "concerns" about this influx from another site with so many that seem disgruntled and what they were up to but we're all about the same thing, having fun and loving the team we have in common.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's a good guy and I think he's still a mod over there. Idgit, I cannot speak for anyone but myself but none of what happened over there is going to spill over here. I think most of the posters that came over in the "great migration" have also maintained their membership over there. I have been acting as a new poster here and not really referencing that site or anything about it. I respect what y'all have built here and just want to contribute what I can.

I can also imagine you, Reality and Woodysgirl have shared some "concerns" about this influx from another site with so many that seem disgruntled and what they were up to but we're all about the same thing, having fun and loving the team we have in common.

No concerns at all. We like all the new members. You guys are a fun bunch. And, as you say, we all want the same thing in the end. A safe, fun place to talk about the Cowboys. And sometimes other things, too.

crazyeddie

Reaction score
No concerns at all. We like all the new members. You guys are a fun bunch. And, as you say, we all want the same thing in the end. A safe, fun place to talk about the Cowboys. And sometimes other things, too.
The term fun bunch should be a no no around here.;)

(Remember Art Monk and company?:))

You'll get no trouble out of us ,but we love a good ribbing.:)

nobody

Reaction score
Speaking of your avatar DM,the one you got now is freaking cool.

Thanks! I didn't make the image, sadly. I've used the name for a LOOONG time though. Then people started taking it on various platforms (which I find annoying.)...I saw this image and was like "That's me!"

haleyrules

Reaction score

lol. That other site is dead and forgot about to me. But there are a lot of new "imbalanced" member on this site.:grin:
Bask in the power that it bestows!
lol. I can even give the Deathmonkey a like!:grin: