Hey! (Over from the "official forum" and here to seek a new home)

crazyeddie

Reaction score
I'm just happy to be around so many Cowboys fans.

Some need serious mental help,but I like that.:)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just quote two different posts before you post reply.

I feel like this was a trick question.
In the other forum there's the choice between "quote" and "multiquote", hence the lack of effort before asking....Oh, and he's British. (Ironic to put those words in quotes.)

Londonboy

Reaction score
Just quote two different posts before you post reply.

I feel like this was a trick question.
Do Ya feel like You've inherited a special needs posting club?
In the other forum there's the choice between "quote" and "multiquote", hence the lack of effort before asking....Oh, and he's British. (Ironic to put those words in quotes.)
Hey, it's easy, like firing a Corncannon.

Quickdraw

Reaction score
And he is the Official DeathMonkey, do not accept any substitutes.

What has happened in the "other forum" is the Rise of the Romorooters because of the emergence of Dak. They were pretty silent the last few seasons but now they've been given a gift. It got so bad the mods had to create a sub forum for Romo, several years ago, and few volunteered to work it. It got real nasty. Some really hate him something fierce.

They're going through some kind of a "cleanse" over there now and I don't think the mods are really keen about it. They've got some damned good folks over there and I hope they make it to your Forum The mods have been pretty tolerant in the past but they've got some new Admin person that's a female Barney Fife. Only they gave her more than one bullet.

As a moderator on the DC.com site, we've always been told that the organization wants all members to have an opinion (as long as it falls within forum rules). We as moderators have tried to uphold that as we are only volunteers.

Yes we have a new administrator and we have come to the conclusion that what we were told to do all these years, she may have been told otherwise by the powers that be. I don't know but it appears that way.

One of the biggest problems we have faced is those that take matters into their own hands and attack others for the simple fact that they somehow "know" that person is a troll. Attacking another member is against the forum rules, and now with the new admin, she's enforcing that rule. The problem is, some members are getting mad because they're being warned for breaking the rules but thinking it's ok because they've been members for so long.

I'm not sure what happened with you CC, I know you're posting habits all too well, but she doesn't. That's more than likely why what happened, happened.

There's no protecting trolls on the other site. Again, we've been told by the powers that be that a member is allowed to post their opinion as long as it falls within the site rules. It's not up to the members to determine whether they're trolls or not. But unfortunately, many that have recently joined this site, feel that they've been slighted by the moderators and admin, for whatever reason.

The concept is simple. Follow the rules (meaning don't take matters into your own hands) and you don't have to worry about being warned. The problem is, those that have been members of that site for many years, don't adhere to those rules and now the new admin is taking action.

Sorry for the long post but I had to clear things up.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
As a moderator on the DC.com site, we've always been told that the organization wants all members to have an opinion (as long as it falls within forum rules). We as moderators have tried to uphold that as we are only volunteers.

Yes we have a new administrator and we have come to the conclusion that what we were told to do all these years, she may have been told otherwise by the powers that be. I don't know but it appears that way.

One of the biggest problems we have faced is those that take matters into their own hands and attack others for the simple fact that they somehow "know" that person is a troll. Attacking another member is against the forum rules, and now with the new admin, she's enforcing that rule. The problem is, some members are getting mad because they're being warned for breaking the rules but thinking it's ok because they've been members for so long.

I'm not sure what happened with you CC, I know you're posting habits all too well, but she doesn't. That's more than likely why what happened, happened.

There's no protecting trolls on the other site. Again, we've been told by the powers that be that a member is allowed to post their opinion as long as it falls within the site rules. It's not up to the members to determine whether they're trolls or not. But unfortunately, many that have recently joined this site, feel that they've been slighted by the moderators and admin, for whatever reason.

The concept is simple. Follow the rules (meaning don't take matters into your own hands) and you don't have to worry about being warned. The problem is, those that have been members of that site for many years, don't adhere to those rules and now the new admin is taking action.

Sorry for the long post but I had to clear things up.
Did you draw the short straw, or did you voluntarily sign up here to clear things up?
Planning to stay, or just passing through?

BTW, you seem somehow less authoritative as Curly than you do as Clint. :grin: