Twitter: Hey Romo don't quit your Day Job

Silly

Reaction score
I did not feel the joke was mean spirited. And I don't think it is any worse than the networks advertising shows about serial killers, sex crimes, and tick tock rapes during the game!

Reid1boys

Reaction score
The thing is he shouldn't have gotten in in the first place. And that is an estimate....how do we know it even goes to ebay? If so it's likely charity.

So people like to say what a loser he was....but not really. Giving it back was the right thing. He's gonna get some stuff.
right thing? says who? The ball was given to him by a player. It was HIS at that point. The right thing is whatever HE decided it to be. I guarantee that fan had no clue the ball would have been worth 500k.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
right thing? says who? The ball was given to him by a player. It was HIS at that point. The right thing is whatever HE decided it to be. I guarantee that fan had no clue the ball would have been worth 500k.
It was a mistake on Evans part.

a MISTAKE...to ever lay hands on the ball?

You don't sound like a very moral or honest guy at all. Like the ATM shoved out thousand dollar bills instead of tens. And you drive off...like it's yours. Okay...that's you. All good.

Nobody knew the true "worth" of the ball....until the greedy eBay traders got a hold of the story. If Evans gave the ball to Brady....you;d not hear jack sheet about the ebay "worth".

Last edited:

Scotman

Reaction score
The thing is he shouldn't have gotten in in the first place. And that is an estimate....how do we know it even goes to ebay? If so it's likely charity.

So people like to say what a loser he was....but not really. Giving it back was the right thing. He's gonna get some stuff.
That was my take, too. Plus, he still got a game ball. I would have asked them to get Brady to sign it and write...I had Tom Brady's 600 TD ball and all I got was this stinkin replacement game ball. lol... I think the guy did the right thing and came out fine.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
It was a mistake on Evans part.

a MISTAKE...to ever lay hands on the ball?

You don't sound like a very moral or honest guy at all. Like the ATM shoved out thousand dollar bills instead of tens. And you drive off...like it's yours. Okay...that's you. All good.

Nobody knew the true "worth" of the ball....until the greedy eBay traders got a hold of the story. If Evans gave the ball to Brady....you;d not hear jack sheet about the ebay "worth".
not moral.... you are all knowing.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
not moral.... you are all knowing.
No...I'm not. But what else should I think?

He accepted a gift he shouldn't have been gifted,,,and made it right.

You want him to keep it and make a HUGE profit.

Then preach at ME about "knowing"?

By these accounts...it's you that is morally bankrupt. If you want to change your mind, and advise to return the mistaken gift....okay. Let's do it,

Reaction score
People need the chill the bleep out. Quit taking stuff so serious especially when it was obviously meant as a joke.

A whole lot of people out there need to take the stick out their backsides.
That's the world these days. Everybody is looking for a reason to be outraged. And they will jump on anything, no matter how innocent

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
.......and yet they’ll probably not suspend Deshaun Watson with 2 dozen civil suits filed against him.

LOL totally with you here bro. Elliott gets acquitted and yet get suspended. And Deshaun Watson have about 2 dozen against.....no suspension.

NFL are just bunch of hypocrites.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I logged onto my yahoo page and it alerted to me to some "/news/tacky-hell-draya-michele-barely-there"

bullcrap.

But we need to be offend by Tony's comment and ruin him. While Yahoo sells their sex?

Not sure why we don't just nuke the whole thing and start over.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

By these accounts...it's you that is morally bankrupt. If you want to change your mind, and advise to return the mistaken gift....okay. Let's do it,

Lets see. The NFL is a multi BILLION dollar business. They charge a fan that may barely have enough money to save up to go to a game, 80 bucks to park their car, 15 bucks for a beer, 160 bucks for a jersey and you are ok with that, right? They charge a fane anywhere from 10 to 100k for a PSL for a season ticket...... and Im morally bankrupt? That fan was given the ball. He didnt ask for it, it was HANDED to him and in my lifetime of watching NFL football, when a ball is handed to a fan, it is theirs. I dont give one damn that Evans didnt realize the ball had some significance. The NFL, the Bucs or Brady wouldnt miss a dollar if that fan held out for what was his. And Im morally bankrupt? please.

By the way, why does the nfl charge so much for a beer? for parking? for a PSL???? Because they can.
Just like that fan... he could have done the same. I have little sympathy for Billion dollar industries having to spend something on the little guy. As a first year law student I had this professor that was probably 75. When studying cases involving insurance settlements he made it clear to me... never feel sorry for insurance companies. They dont lose money and they dont go out of business.

jwitten82

Reaction score

Good luck trying to pay your bills with morals

RoboQB

Reaction score
A recent episode of a network television show,, The Blacklist:

Scene goes something like this.

James- "I am sorry about your wife running off with that golf pro."
Fred- "Don't be. He fixed my slice. All in all, it was a good trade."

Comedy, people! Learn to laugh a little.

Brady's wife is an international supermodel.
Romo wasn't talking about your moms.
Also, he wasn't suggesting anything that crossed a line.

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
I’m not offended, of course, but we live in a culture now where everyone is offended about everything and you need to walk on egg shells. Romo has that dry sense of humor that I could see getting him into trouble.

Joking aside, Romo has to be the most overrated color commentator in the league. He did a very good job in his first year but it has been downhill ever since. He comes off to me as awkward and his predictions are now more often wrong than right.

Also, I won’t lie, I just can’t stand how he calls Cowboys’s games. He is either over compensating because he’s a fan and doesn’t want to come off as such, or he’s legit jealous of what Dak has accomplished. Either way, I really hope that he doesn’t call any more of our games. I have to turn the volume off.
you clearly just don’t like him lol

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
you clearly just don’t like him lol

Not true. Loved him when he was our quarterback. But when he giggles like a little girl every time we turn the ball over, or when Dak fumbles at the goal line, it makes my skin crawl. Seriously! He needs to get over it...

Jipper

Reaction score
I read an article on yahoo yesterday that said Romo saying Brady should let the guy go on a date with her was the equivalent of Brady "owning" her and pinping her out...

This overreaction is just ludicrous....it was not mean spirited and there was no negative connotation...the man was simply making a light hearted joke and it is being torn in so many unnecessary directions