Honestly, Cowboyszone is no different than ES

DipChit

Reaction score
Well I've only been to ES maybe once or twice (from links provided here) because I have no desire to go there or to any other fan board.

But in general I would be surprised if it were all that different, other than maybe how it's run, simply because all we're talking about here is cross sections of particular teams fans.

Every team has optimistic fans, pessimistic fans, hardcore fans, bandwagon fans, animated fans, laid back fans, you name it.

But if someone wants to suggest that it's decidedly different over there.. so be it. I'll take your word for it.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Champsheart said:
First let me say I am not knocking anyones opinion. It is your American and God given right.

Secondly I love this board, I have been around here for a long time, and respect so many Memebers. This is like a home away from home for me.

Third, I know I am probably about to be slammed, go ahead that is fine. I dont care because I am just telling it like it is.

This board is no different than Extreme Skins.

Everyone always knocks them for jumping off the bridge, over-reacting, and just not being very knowledgable about Football.

When things go bad for the Skins there are always posts on here saying go listen to the things they are saying. We start laughing at them, and we comment on how silly they sound, and how they over react to everything. We talk about how they are jumping of the bridge.

Well, I see no different around here. it just cracks me up how we knock them, but are no different.

I will give you that there is much more blind homerism over there, but that is the only difference I see.

I am now going to go duck in a bunker.
Let me just respond to you this way CH. Are you out of your freaking mind?

:grin:

j/k

Fans are fans. The only difference between us and Skins fans are the colors we wear. Same with almost any fans.

You're going to find the following kinds of fans for any team. Some people fit more than one category.

1. The Eternal Optimists. They are convinced that if everyone just believes somehow the team will pull it off. They get very discouraged by those who have doubts and question their team loyalty.

2. The Eternal Pessimists. Every mistake is overblown. Mistakes made 15 years ago are evidence of destruction and ruin.

3. The Flip Floppers. They can change from week to week depending upon how the last week's games went. They'll swear to you they never change.

4. The Realists. They never see the glass as half full or half empty. They just want to debate you on your opinion whether it is half full or half empty.

5. The Arm Chair GMs. All the team needs to do to never lose again is put them in charge. They have all the solutions. There is no debate.

6. The Chest Thumpers. No matter the situation, they told you so.

7. The Band Wagon Fans. Usually people who follow a player moreso than the team. That player walks on water. It is everyone else's fault.

8. The Trolls. They really have no opinions. They post anything to get a reaction out of others.

9. The Opponents. Fans of other teams. Some are good and gracious and knowledgable. Some aren't worth the time it takes to ban them.

10. The Whiners. Find blame somewhere other than the truth. It's the refs, it's a conspiracy, it is ESPN.

I am quite sure there are other categories as well. The point is no passionate fans of any team are really that far removed from fans of another team. Ultimately we're all still fans.

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
there a blind homers, nutballs, and ignorant fans on all team message boards. and we all think all others are these kinds of fans.

Skins26

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
It's different here because we allow other teams fans to voice their opinions without instantly banning them. Hell we even stickied their thread.
I would absolutely love for you to cite just ONE example of when that has EVER happened on Extreme. Please, just give me one example.

I'd be waiting forever for that example, simply for the fact that it hasn't happened before.

Champs, I think you nailed it for the most part. The part of your post I bolded is very true also, and it is an important and distinct difference between this board and ES. I am proud to see that most of my fellow members here come right out and say "we got our rear ends beat" without equivocation or excuses. That is much, much rarer to find over there, as there is always some renegade referee or other abnormality of nature out to get them.
lol, then you all obviously haven't been to our board after a loss.
There's well over 40,000 people there, so of course you may get a couple people starting threads about the refs, etc. But those are the exceptions not the rule (uh....except for the Bucs game, where it was confirmed the refs mistake directly affected the outcome of the game)

Weird fact:
CowboysZone may be mentioned a couple times a year on ES, while ES is mentioned a couple times a day here.
Why?

Wheat

Philosopher
Reaction score
Its football, and its all in the same country.

Its not like two fan sites for World Cup soccer or anything.

Every team has sites like this place and ES, every team has fan sites like Igglephans where its just out of control.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
Champ i don’t see your point. We are Cowboy fans, they are Indian fans. One wears a hat and rides horses the other is an indian with red skin and shoots arrows. ;)

jcblanco22

Reaction score
Skins26 said:
I would absolutely love for you to cite just ONE example of when that has EVER happened on Extreme. Please, just give me one example.

I'd be waiting forever for that example, simply for the fact that it hasn't happened before.

lol, then you all obviously haven't been to our board after a loss.
There's well over 40,000 people there, so of course you may get a couple people starting threads about the refs, etc. But those are the exceptions not the rule (uh....except for the Bucs game, where it was confirmed the refs mistake directly affected the outcome of the game)

Weird fact:
CowboysZone may be mentioned a couple times a year on ES, while ES is mentioned a couple times a day here.
Why?

Funny enough Skins, the second passage you quote in your post is mine, so I can respond to that in a second, but I also have something to add about the first part of what you said. I'll give you an example of unexplainable banning at ES: me!

I was kicked off of there on the Friday after Thanksgiving for reasons that are still unbeknownst to me. You might want to ask Mark Steven (Om), because the closest explanation I can put together has to do with a post where I mentioned to him that I felt he was wrong on something he said regarding the 1st Cowboys-Commanders game this season. Please go back and search it out, it would have to be from late November. I had the exact same username over there as I have over here. You'll see I said nothing remotely close to deserving any kind of 90 day vacation, but for some reason that's exactly what happened.

Second, I have read many of the posts and threads over there, and like I said, it's "most" of the posters there but not all. I do see quite a few, such as Lombardi's Kid Brother and a few others, that are quite realistic about the team and do not try to place the blame on external factors after every loss. However, there are more than just a "couple" of exceptions to the homer rule as you had intimated, and the worst offenders are sometimes the administrators or long time posters. I'll offer up Art and bubba947 as 2 prime examples of that.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Champsheart said:
AHHH, you slickster!

You mine as well of said Checkmate! :laugh1:
In the immortal words of Hannibal Smith..."I love it when a plan comes together."

:hammock:

1fisher

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
It's different here because we allow other teams fans to voice their opinions without instantly banning them. Hell we even stickied their thread.

you are absolutely right Yeag..... I said gibbs would be 90 years old before he won another championship (I'm not talking about their superbowl over us this year either!) and I got banned!! :lmao2:

Mike 1967

Reaction score
Champsheart said:
First let me say I am not knocking anyones opinion. It is your American and God given right.

Secondly I love this board, I have been around here for a long time, and respect so many Memebers. This is like a home away from home for me.

Third, I know I am probably about to be slammed, go ahead that is fine. I dont care because I am just telling it like it is.

This board is no different than Extreme Skins.

Everyone always knocks them for jumping off the bridge, over-reacting, and just not being very knowledgable about Football.

When things go bad for the Skins there are always posts on here saying go listen to the things they are saying. We start laughing at them, and we comment on how silly they sound, and how they over react to everything. We talk about how they are jumping of the bridge.

Well, I see no different around here. it just cracks me up how we knock them, but are no different.

I will give you that there is much more blind homerism over there, but that is the only difference I see.

I am now going to go duck in a bunker.

Then it would appear that you are only speaking to those people who actually knock extreme skins AND "jump of the bridge" when we lose.

I think this team is mediocre at best right now.....so I suppose that makes me a bridge jumper. But...I do not make fun of ES. I have made fun of Art in the past....but that is a whole other matter altogether.

It almost seems like you are taking the actions of a some (those who make fun of ES) and are trying to apply them to all

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
I read a lot of message boards, of the Cowboys, of other teams and of the NFL in general. By and large, most boards are the same. Some have more intelligent fans on average, some have bigger homer fans on average, some have younger fans on average, etc. But they're all pretty similar. However, ExtremeSkins is BY FAR the worst in one aspect, and that's how it's moderated. I've never been banned there, but I've seen plenty of Cowboys fans complain about being banned for very minor reasons. The worst thing about ExtremeSkins, though, is how threads are managed. I've seen many threads either deleted or locked when a moderator simply disagrees with someone's opinion (even if it was voiced by a Commanders fan) or when a moderator is proven wrong about something. It's not a place where everyone's opinion is welcomed, nor is it a place where open debate is welcomed.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
The thing about it is, we're both right about our teams when we lose that is. We both have mediocre teams and will be going no where with these old QB's PERIOD! The deadskins will be bouced in the playoffs quicker than we would have been bounced.

Our teams have issues, and they need to be solved, starting with QB and OLINE.