Honestly, Cowboyszone is no different than ES

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Yeah, this board has expanded so much the past year and a half with new members that your going to have Knee Jerk reactions. However, you do have freedom of speech here, for both Cowboy and Non Cowboy fans that Extremeskins would never have. :skins: :suxskins: :dissskin: P.S.- Lets see the reaction of that Board when the Giants pound them this Weekend!.

Fan2005

Reaction score
jcblanco22 said:
Funny enough Skins, the second passage you quote in your post is mine, so I can respond to that in a second, but I also have something to add about the first part of what you said. I'll give you an example of unexplainable banning at ES: me!

I was kicked off of there on the Friday after Thanksgiving for reasons that are still unbeknownst to me. You might want to ask Mark Steven (Om), because the closest explanation I can put together has to do with a post where I mentioned to him that I felt he was wrong on something he said regarding the 1st Cowboys-Commanders game this season. Please go back and search it out, it would have to be from late November. I had the exact same username over there as I have over here. You'll see I said nothing remotely close to deserving any kind of 90 day vacation, but for some reason that's exactly what happened.

Second, I have read many of the posts and threads over there, and like I said, it's "most" of the posters there but not all. I do see quite a few, such as Lombardi's Kid Brother and a few others, that are quite realistic about the team and do not try to place the blame on external factors after every loss. However, there are more than just a "couple" of exceptions to the homer rule as you had intimated, and the worst offenders are sometimes the administrators or long time posters. I'll offer up Art and bubba947 as 2 prime examples of that.

Skins fan here and member on ES. I got a week time-out for a reason that was not explained to me. You probably did something to break the rules and werent aware of it. I did.

jcblanco22

Reaction score
Fan2005 said:
Skins fan here and member on ES. I got a week time-out for a reason that was not explained to me. You probably did something to break the rules and werent aware of it. I did.

I think I recall seeing your posts after the banning was over, this was recently was it not? I know there was a guy who had "uttered" a few curse words after a 'Skins loss this year and this was the reason he was given a vacation by Die Hard.

Fan2005

Reaction score
jcblanco22 said:
I think I recall seeing your posts after the banning was over, this was recently was it not? I know there was a guy who had "uttered" a few curse words after a 'Skins loss this year and this was the reason he was given a vacation by Die Hard.

Maybe???? They didnt say... I thought I bleeped myself pretty well though. But Diehard and I tangled in a few posts if I am remembering correctly.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Champsheart said:
This board is no different than Extreme Skins.

Even after a bitter loss, or a bitter series of losses, they don't indulge in the level of player hating found here in week after a WIN.

They are extreme homers and a side effect of downing so much kool-aid is a leavening of vitriol.

They don't eat their own with quite our relish.

As an example I will give you Brunell, who was unpopular from the start as Gibbs bringing him in threatened the fan favorite Ramsey.

There certainly was criticism of Brumell last year, and there was a certain amount of resistance to PR being benched for him so fast, but you could search for a year and never find a thread as vitriolic as we've had on Bledose, Testaverde, Carter, or even Henson, who has done nothing to warrent much of anything in the way of criticism OR praise.

They are also more prone to judge a player on what he does right, not what he does wrong. You won't find four dropped passes out of 40 receptions making a guy a bum there, or see them crucifying a player for two missed tackles out of twelve great games.

So sorry, I have to disagree.

For the most part, they are either congenital happy-happy joy-joy homers or simply damn good people with good will running thru their veins who don't use football as an excuse to unload on players and coaches.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Let me just respond to you this way CH. Are you out of your freaking mind?

:grin:

j/k

Fans are fans. The only difference between us and Skins fans are the colors we wear. Same with almost any fans.

You're going to find the following kinds of fans for any team. Some people fit more than one category.

1. The Eternal Optimists. They are convinced that if everyone just believes somehow the team will pull it off. They get very discouraged by those who have doubts and question their team loyalty.

2. The Eternal Pessimists. Every mistake is overblown. Mistakes made 15 years ago are evidence of destruction and ruin.

3. The Flip Floppers. They can change from week to week depending upon how the last week's games went. They'll swear to you they never change.

4. The Realists. They never see the glass as half full or half empty. They just want to debate you on your opinion whether it is half full or half empty.

5. The Arm Chair GMs. All the team needs to do to never lose again is put them in charge. They have all the solutions. There is no debate.

6. The Chest Thumpers. No matter the situation, they told you so.

7. The Band Wagon Fans. Usually people who follow a player moreso than the team. That player walks on water. It is everyone else's fault.

8. The Trolls. They really have no opinions. They post anything to get a reaction out of others.

9. The Opponents. Fans of other teams. Some are good and gracious and knowledgable. Some aren't worth the time it takes to ban them.

10. The Whiners. Find blame somewhere other than the truth. It's the refs, it's a conspiracy, it is ESPN.

I am quite sure there are other categories as well. The point is no passionate fans of any team are really that far removed from fans of another team. Ultimately we're all still fans.

I'm not sure where I fit because I can be any of those at any time :laugh1:

kojak

Who Loves Ya Baby?
Reaction score
Champsheart said:
First let me say I am not knocking anyones opinion. It is your American and God given right.

Secondly I love this board, I have been around here for a long time, and respect so many Memebers. This is like a home away from home for me.

Third, I know I am probably about to be slammed, go ahead that is fine. I dont care because I am just telling it like it is.

This board is no different than Extreme Skins.

Everyone always knocks them for jumping off the bridge, over-reacting, and just not being very knowledgable about Football.

When things go bad for the Skins there are always posts on here saying go listen to the things they are saying. We start laughing at them, and we comment on how silly they sound, and how they over react to everything. We talk about how they are jumping of the bridge.

Well, I see no different around here. it just cracks me up how we knock them, but are no different.

I will give you that there is much more blind homerism over there, but that is the only difference I see.

I am now going to go duck in a bunker.

Ready, aim, FIRE!!!!!!!!!!
12929.jpeg