Honestly, Cowboyszone is no different than ES

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I think if your team isn't very good, and ours hasn't been for a long time now, you'd better recognize it and hope the coach and gm recognize it...because if the coach and gm also think the team is better than it really is because they are close to it and endlessly waiting for certain players to produce or certain coaches to make a difference, then the team isn't and can't get better.

The first step towards repairing problems and strengthening a team is recognizing the problems.

Parcells is like any other coach...the term "retired" really means he wasn't welcome any longer...there were no tickertape parades when he left the Giants, Patriots, or Jets. He helped build all 3, but only the first ever really won anything under his leadership. If after 3 years, his team still fails to make the playoffs, I think fans have a right to judge him and his players. Next year is #4....It's nice to say he had a great draft this year (remembering that he didn't exactly strike gold the past two years), but if he fails to get this team into the playoffs this year, then it sure as heck better happen in year 4 or you are really going to have a broad fan base ready for a change.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
What I have never understood is why people can't understand that a critical opinion can be one that is well thought out. People just assume that if one is being critical, he is merely venting and offerring a knee jerk reaction.

Can't the opposite also be true? Isn't it possible that some fans are overzealous when we are successful and start offerring favorable predictions? Isn't that a "knee jerk" reaction as well. How about when people started jumping on the Bledsoe wagon early in the season. So am I supposed to say those fans were objective and fair but the ones who are suddenly critical of him are being shallow now.

It just seems like a very inconsistent way of thinking. Personally, I don't care how one views the team. I just have issues when someone starts telling me that my way of thinking is wrong.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Well I'm not very articulate ,not very good at problem solving, or even critical thinking but it is very easy to see that knee jerk reactions occur on both sides of an issue daily.

If anyone takes issue with my thinking it's definitely a knee jerk reaction.

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
There is a very big difference...

Extremeskins doesn't have WG, LaTuna, Gatorgirl, brownsugar, Princess (ME!) or other women that hang out and can hold their own about football along with slapping the guys back into shape like we can... they have Blondie... nuf said :lmao2:

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Princess said:

Extremeskins doesn't have WG, LaTuna, Gatorgirl, brownsugar, Princess (ME!) or other women that hang out and can hold their own about football along with slapping the guys back into shape like we can... they have Blondie... nuf said :lmao2:
Our board sounds very mature :)

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Princess said:

Nice post Princess.... you get two:thumbup: :thumbup:

BTW, there are a couple ladies of the zone out there...They just don't post as much, but they're around. We just represent for them :)

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Skins26 said:
I would absolutely love for you to cite just ONE example of when that has EVER happened on Extreme. Please, just give me one example.

I'd be waiting forever for that example, simply for the fact that it hasn't happened before.

Actually it has happened, my account was locked on extremeskins for debating the salary cap and using links and facts to back my opinion, after being bashed and called names by multiple posters including a mod my account was locked. It was obviously locked because I didnt share their point of view. OM unlocked my account the next day after I spoke to him and he reviewed the thread.

Kittymama

Benched
Reaction score
Hiero said:
all internet message boards have some instances of this, but comparing this board to extremeskins is an insult.
You're right. It's an insult to extremeskins

This board has become worse.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kittymama said:

You know there is a cure.

You can post elsewhere if you find it so bad...to my knowledge nobody is holding you hostage here.

If I go to a restaurant and I don't like the food...I may give it a second chance down the road.
However if I give it another chance and I still don't like the food..chances are you will not see me going back to that same place again...and if I do go back, I have no right to complain about the food being bad.

Just something to think about....since nobody is holding you hostage.

lspain1

Reaction score
Kittymama said:

I go to extremeskins from time to time. Based upon my lurking there, I find your statement remarkable. I respectfully disagree with your assessment. And respect is often in short supply on extremeskins to those who disagree.

1fisher

Reaction score
Princess said:

have you seen the pic of blondie??? talk about scary!

thewivil

Reaction score
Champsheart said:
This board is no different than Extreme Skins.

Everyone always knocks them for jumping off the bridge, over-reacting, and just not being very knowledgable about Football.

***???

After 10 games in, we were 7-3, in prime position to win our division and most of the media were in agreement the Cowboys were one of the best teams in the NFC.

Now four games later, we've lost three of our last four games, playing the worst football we have all year, just got totally embarrassed by a team we've owned the past 10 years and our playoff chances are very, very slim.

If that's not a reason to "jump off a bridge", I don't know what is.

Through most of our stumblings so far this season, we've been pretty calm, in my opinion. Only since the last four games have most of us been really questioning whether this team is any good.

Having blind faith in your team does not constitute being a fan, it's being an idiot.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Kittymama said:

if so, you'd have been banned for that comment. were you?

KINGGIBBS

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Let me just respond to you this way CH. Are you out of your freaking mind?

:grin:

j/k

Fans are fans. The only difference between us and Skins fans are the colors we wear. Same with almost any fans.

You're going to find the following kinds of fans for any team. Some people fit more than one category.

1. The Eternal Optimists. They are convinced that if everyone just believes somehow the team will pull it off. They get very discouraged by those who have doubts and question their team loyalty.

2. The Eternal Pessimists. Every mistake is overblown. Mistakes made 15 years ago are evidence of destruction and ruin.

3. The Flip Floppers. They can change from week to week depending upon how the last week's games went. They'll swear to you they never change.

4. The Realists. They never see the glass as half full or half empty. They just want to debate you on your opinion whether it is half full or half empty.

5. The Arm Chair GMs. All the team needs to do to never lose again is put them in charge. They have all the solutions. There is no debate.

6. The Chest Thumpers. No matter the situation, they told you so.

7. The Band Wagon Fans. Usually people who follow a player moreso than the team. That player walks on water. It is everyone else's fault.

8. The Trolls. They really have no opinions. They post anything to get a reaction out of others.

9. The Opponents. Fans of other teams. Some are good and gracious and knowledgable. Some aren't worth the time it takes to ban them.

10. The Whiners. Find blame somewhere other than the truth. It's the refs, it's a conspiracy, it is ESPN.

I am quite sure there are other categories as well. The point is no passionate fans of any team are really that far removed from fans of another team. Ultimately we're all still fans.

As a 'Skins fans and a ES member, this whole post about sums it up.