Honestly I don’t put this on the players

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I"m not a Dak lover.

The pass was thrown where it needed to be. Ole adjusted very strangely. Seriously, if you don't think so go rewatch it. If you can remove your head out of the hate for just a second, you'll clearly see what I mean.
The only thing Dak could could have done to make that an easier catch is to run over to him and hand him the ball.

Brax

Reaction score
Agreed. This game showcased Dak's deficiencies as a QB. Weak arm, & inaccuracy are the glaring problems. The tendency to take untimely sacks hurts too. There were a number of opps in this game that a decent throw would've changed the game, possibly the outcome. Time after time, they were missed. At least we weren't treated to a dose of fumble rooskie.

Dak has some great abilities, & is a helluva athlete. He's just not a great passer. That deficiency alone, is a problem for an NFL QB. If our D plays a perfect game, we can win. Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl...lol.

While I expect us to beat Tampa decisively, & beat NY.... this deficiency of Dak's will be the reason we exit the post season early. Man would I love to be wrong.
arm strength is ok but you are correct consistent accuracy is the main problem many just do not want to admit.

Brax

Reaction score
LOL. Are you serious? Putting this loss, especially shut out, on Dak?
loss, no one else to put it on, Dak flat out stunk in the game no getting around it, shut out maybe not but was mostly responsible. This is just a bad Dak game we are use to them when they happen.

RD21

Reaction score
arm strength is ok but you are correct consistent accuracy is the main problem many just do not want to admit.
He takes a lot of sacks for a "mobile QB".

Only Deshaun Watson has taken more sacks than Dak (51) this season. For comparison, the MOST sacks Tony Romo ever took in a full season was 36.

Hogeboom4TheWin

Reaction score
Too young to have witnessed three Super Bowl losses by a total of 11 points.

Ah, yes. Talk about a frustrating loss to the Colts— Super Bowl V. A game so poorly played that the MVP came from the losing team. Of the 3 you mention, that is the one that the Cowboys really should have won In the other two they were playing a dynasty. (Well, ok...maybe if Jackie Smith makes that catch in XIII. Sigh...)

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
loss, no one else to put it on, Dak flat out stunk in the game no getting around it, shut out maybe not but was mostly responsible. This is just a bad Dak game we are use to them when they happen.
:facepalm: The Dak haters club will welcome you with open arms.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
they were all bad from the coaches to the players I don't think the team ever really left dallas

Yep this was an entire team loss, coaches players, everyone. This was a big 'ol poop sandwich and everyone gets to take a bite.

RD21

Reaction score
Ah, yes. Talk about a frustrating loss to the Colts— Super Bowl V. A game so poorly played that the MVP came from the losing team. Of the 3 you mention, that is the one that the Cowboys really should have won In the other two they were playing a dynasty. (Well, ok...maybe if Jackie Smith makes that catch in XIII. Sigh...)
"....... he's got to be the sickest man in America" :(

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
:facepalm: The Dak haters club will welcome you with open arms.
Funny thing about the QB being blamed for dropped passes that aren’t thrown with absolute perfect ball placement is the Patrick Crayton drop in the 2007 playoffs is now Romo’s fault. Romo threw the ball just a little low and led Crayton just a hair too much which caused Crayton to have to reach and lift, bobbling the ball. Romo’s 2007 choke job just got a little worse. :laugh:

Hogeboom4TheWin

Reaction score
The offensive game plan was a complete joke today. It’s the same exact plays we run week after week out of the shotgun. Indy was running our routes as good as our guys were.

You make a fair point. But the offensive game plan isn’t what let Mack get 5 yards a pop. The defense played a poor, uninspired game. It was almost as if they were expecting a Luck to throw it 50 times and they simply forgot that the Colts are allowed to run the ball too. To me, that is the most disheartening part of this game— the Cowboys front 7, the supposed strength of the team, got whipped in the trenches. If Luck goes for 400 yards and has 3 TD passes, I don’t like it but I understand it. When the Colts blow the Cowboys front 7 off the ball, play after play, it is a much more bitter pill to swallow...especially this time of year and coming on the heels of such outstanding efforts in the last few weeks.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I can’t blame the players when it’s 3rd and short and we toss it down the field or we throw to a fullback that never even plays. Those aren’t even plays we normally attempt. Why in the heck would you try them when points were on the line?

There are a lot of guys getting paid big money to play professional football. Giving them a pass for yesterday's performance is a cop out, regardless of the coaches.

The Colts imposed their will on the Cowboys. Every guy on that team should feel embarrassed this morning, including the coaches.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I hope this group can get their collective game on and beat the Bucs Sunday. A team that is not going to come in a lay down. The Eagles and Commanders are not going down without a fight and the Giants can beat the Cowboys in the January Meadowlands.

So many mental mistakes in the game Sunday that it's hard to put the loss on the coaches or any individual player. All three phases contributed to the debacle and I hope it serves as a wake up call.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
The offensive game plan was a complete joke today. It’s the same exact plays we run week after week out of the shotgun. Indy was running our routes as good as our guys were.

Hey if it's the exact same plays that we ran in the 5 wins, why didn't it work yesterday? IMO it was the way the plays were executed BY THE PLAYERS. Might actually look at a different starting LG and RG for answers on execution. What do I know. We got beat by a better team. yesterday with 2/5ths of our starting O-line on the bench. Next

RD21

Reaction score
Ive been a fan for almost 30 years and this was the most ive ever been mad.....
Wow. That's surprising. I can think of many games that had me madder than this one....lol.

How about the 1994 NFC Championship game..? How about all of Danny White's NFC Championship games...lol. Wait, that's been more than 30 yrs, scratch those.

How about 2007 playoffs vs. Giants..? I was pretty hot after that one.

What about recent history: Dez's catch in Green Bay..???? Was hard to not be mad after that one.

What about Opey icing our own kicker, was it last year or the year before..?

There's been so many crappy losses over the years, it's hard to pick one. While yesterday was frustrating for sure, we were due for one of those. I expect us to handle business the next two weeks. That'll be just enough to get everyone believing again, setting us up for the down side of the roller coaster again...hahahaha.

fwiw, I told Mrs. RD before the game, if we handle the Colts today, I'll be 100% on the Contender Bandwagon. Let's just say, I'm pretty skeptical after watching that turd show.

Call me a rain cloud if one must but, I now believe, the absolute best we can do, is a 2nd round loss in the playoffs. That's by no means a given either. That's taking in the possibility that we shock everyone with a 1st round win....

blueblood70

Reaction score
its 50/50 the coaches didnt call plays or adjust but the players also didnt excute, the dropped td pass, sack taking us out of FG range, blocked Fg, and defense caving with bad tacking, hows that on the coaches? ill give you this even if those things worked out we most likely lose 23-17 regardless.. loss is aloss..we had let down, blame for ALL involved..lets move on focus on TB..lets make this a great home game win that seals the division..

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Someone made a terrific point on another thread when they pointed out that our LB coach who is currently the Indy DC had a large hand in this. Garrett has a terribly predictable playbook in it of itself, but the Colts looked like they were in our huddle all game. That's the work of brilliant coaching by Indy and poor planning by our staff.

RD21

Reaction score
Someone made a terrific point on another thread when they pointed out that our LB coach who is currently the Indy DC had a large hand in this. Garrett has a terribly predictable playbook in it of itself, but the Colts looked like they were in our huddle all game. That's the work of brilliant coaching by Indy and poor planning by our staff.
I agree that was a factor. Although, even still..... opps were there for the taking. We missed em. All of em. That happened on the field, not on the sidelines, or locker room.

We should have had at least 10 pts at halftime. Game should've at least been close. Without even trying, one can come up with 17pts minimum on missed opps. Those pts had they been capitalized on, would've changed the entire dynamic of the game, & would've been anyone's game down the stretch.