Honestly I don’t put this on the players

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It should've been caught, but it should've been a better throw too. Any good receiver easily catches it, but he wasn't throwing to a good receiver.
A high school quarterback could have thrown a better pass in the same situation. I know. I have seen it. In person.

A high school fullback could have caught the same type pass in the same or similar situation. I know. I have seen it. In person.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
The offensive game plan was a complete joke today. It’s the same exact plays we run week after week out of the shotgun. Indy was running our routes as good as our guys were.

If the defense doesn't win the game, its over . This 5 game win streak has been on Richard/Marinelli .

Linehan/ Garrett have always been a roadblock to success .

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
We draft in the 2nd round. We can find a QB in the 2nd round.

Unless Herbert or Lock miraculously fell to our pick in the second (which wouldn't happen in a million years), you're crazy if you think the Cowboys will burn a second on a QB.

Don't get me wrong, I think we should always draft a QB (as long as the scouts agree on the value [i.e. don't reach]), regardless of who our starter is, but it won't happen.

JustChip

Reaction score
Misses Hurns? Dude, go back and rewatch. Hurns first turned the wrong way, and then got raped by the DB.

Hey, I know Dak needs to improve, no doubt, but dangit bash him for what he truly does wrong.

I agree with your general statement about bashing, but that pass never had a chance of being caught - it was out of bounds. However, every pass Luck threw wasn't perfect either.

JustChip

Reaction score
A high school quarterback could have thrown a better pass in the same situation. I know. I have seen it. In person.

A high school fullback could have caught the same type pass in the same or similar situation. I know. I have seen it. In person.

Well said.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I guess if you're going w/ the "all throws should be perfect" argument it could have been better. But, honestly, the throw was fine.
As I said (somewhere) I think it was 10-15% on Dak, but mostly on Olawale, our seldom thrown to FB.

Ddisco22

Reaction score
The offensive game plan was a complete joke today. It’s the same exact plays we run week after week out of the shotgun. Indy was running our routes as good as our guys were.
They don't make the correct adjustments, you are missing your best offensive lineman.
you can't run the same plays and expect the same result.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I can’t blame the players when it’s 3rd and short and we toss it down the field or we throw to a fullback that never even plays. Those aren’t even plays we normally attempt. Why in the heck would you try them when points were on the line?
Liked the call Linehan made down their. None expected our lil used fb to get the ball thrown his way. If it had been executed you along with everyone else who thinks the way you would not have a problem with that play call.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

We run this same exact same scheme year after year.

The problem was today was that Eberflus knew exactly what play we were going to run. No creativity from Garrett/Linehan is why we got shut out.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Very poor throw by Dak

Much more wrong getting blown out than that one play.
Poor throw by Dak? That ball reached Olawale's stomach. Problem is Olawale gator-armed it. Should have been caught.

When you use that play to blame Dak, your agenda is beaming for all to see.

Brax

Reaction score
Poor throw by Dak? That ball reached Olawale's stomach. Problem is Olawale gator-armed it. Should have been caught.

When you use that play to blame Dak, your agenda is beaming for all to see.
It was a poor throw, but it should of been caught. so many of Dak throws are off like that, it seems like the more open the receiver is the harder time he has with accuracy. To me this game was a loss on the players, mainly on Dak not sure what more the coaches should of done. Last QB for a Dallas shut out, Quincey. See what happens next week.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Misses Hurns? Dude, go back and rewatch. Hurns first turned the wrong way, and then got raped by the DB.

Hey, I know Dak needs to improve, no doubt, but dangit bash him for what he truly does wrong.
Hurns had separation early in the route and a throw to his inside shoulder instead of a rainmaker OOB had a chance at a big play.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It was a poor throw, but it should of been caught. so many of Dak throws are off like that, it seems like the more open the receiver is the harder time he has with accuracy. To me this game was a loss on the players, mainly on Dak not sure what more the coaches should of done. Last QB for a Dallas shut out, Quincey. See what happens next week.
LOL. Are you serious? Putting this loss, especially shut out, on Dak?

RD21

Reaction score
Agreed. This game showcased Dak's deficiencies as a QB. Weak arm, & inaccuracy are the glaring problems. The tendency to take untimely sacks hurts too. There were a number of opps in this game that a decent throw would've changed the game, possibly the outcome. Time after time, they were missed. At least we weren't treated to a dose of fumble rooskie.

Dak has some great abilities, & is a helluva athlete. He's just not a great passer. That deficiency alone, is a problem for an NFL QB. If our D plays a perfect game, we can win. Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl...lol.

While I expect us to beat Tampa decisively, & beat NY.... this deficiency of Dak's will be the reason we exit the post season early. Man would I love to be wrong.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
True but those Hot Boyz got manhandled all day!

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

While it is certainly the job of the coaching staff to put players in a position to succeed, these aren't kids. The lack of on field leadership was disappointing today. The cowboys were a listless bunch who folded way too early.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Do you even watch the game or just regurgitate nonesense you read on this forum? Receiver drops, daks poor accuracy, poor blocking by the OL is where you should start the blame, Dak holding the ball way too long and giving up sacks like a moron, that's where you start giving blame for the offense.