Honestly, who felt that Hutch was better than

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Ken said:
It's friday, it has been a long week, by any chance, are we drinking tonight?

i drink every night - what's that got to do with it.

later you said something about not replying to me anymore.

thanks.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Ken said:
Are Carr and Harrington good?

Check their qb ratings and int/td ratios.

Then check when they last made the playoffs.

Then check how many 3rd year qbs do much better than Carter did. Then analyze the offensive personell, circumstancesand playcalling that was involved in generating those stats.

when we're all done, tell me THEN who's the only qb with "competition" brought in each and every year?

dance coco...

when they last made the playoffs???? good lord dude, dumba** just took on new meaning to me.

twa

Reaction score
Nors said:
If 41 year old Vinnie is the answer. What is
the question?
Maybe the question is who is a competent Qb.Vinnie is the answer and I don't even like him. ;)

blindzebra

Reaction score
Ken said:
Are Carr and Harrington good?

Check their qb ratings and int/td ratios.

Then check when they last made the playoffs.

Then check how many 3rd year qbs do much better than Carter did. Then analyze the offensive personell, circumstancesand playcalling that was involved in generating those stats.

Then, realize that stats don't always tell the whole story. I am not going to go into detail, but I can assure you that I've watched all of the games from last year multiple times, his stats are not indicitive of how he played in most of the games. You can dispute it, but until you've put in the time I have in watching and analyzing last years games, you probably are blinded by the stats.

You can watch them a thousand times each and it still won't make Carter a GOOD QB.

Adjectives I'd suggest instead if you want to have any credibility: Average, mediocre, adequate, middle of the pack, middle of the road, run of the mill, bus driver, for now, stop gap, or bridge to the future.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
twa said:
Maybe the question is who is a competent Qb.Vinnie is the answer and I don't even like him. ;)

the fact of the matter is we're still looking for our leader. no one has steped up, no one has distanced themselves from question.

so we keep looking.

many are ok with that, the carter crowd feels you're overlooking carter.

smart people are pretty much done listening to that crap. ok, you got me. people are for the most part done with the qb debates and the rational fans realizes we need a qb. the rest are trying to sell us carter.

i ain't buying. if i bought into hutch it's probably because i didn't buy into carter. hutch not making it in dallas doesn't mean carter's good.

it means hutch didn't make it in dallas.

wild how it gets *** up from there.

(ken, i'm drinking tonight - don't let logic get by you!)

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Ken said:
Wow.

You really think the qb competition was close last year? Didn't Hutch not even participate in the last two preseason games? I'd say that was a blowout by Carter considering he wasn't even supposed to make the team last year, wouldn't you?

Did Hutch see any meaningful time on the football field last year while Carter played?

I'm not painting Hutch as awful, his play in Europe did that. I am merely responding to the football challenged who refuse to answer a question that is the topic of this thread. If this thread was about comparing rookie numbers between the two, i could understand the type of responses we saw.

There was no compation in any real sense last year. I mean, of course Carter won. Of course he was better. Hutchinson never really had a chance to begin with. I guess I'm not understanding what the point of this thread is. How do you expect people to respond to this?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
twa said:

The question is we are in serious trouble if?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
The 2002 OL was terrible. The team stopped playing after Emmitt got the record. Hutchinson had not played in 4 years and he still had equal numbers and only lost 1 more game than Carter who came from college.

Yeah, I can see where you can draw the Carter can win, but Hutchinson will be on a practice squad at best, assumption. :rolleyes:
Oy, I forget the 2001 team was awesome on the OL and just fought to the death to finish wth the same 5 win record. It must have been all the big name free agents we lost. OR perhaps seeing Hutch fumble away game after game caused the team to quit?

Hutch isnt on any team right now in essence because he is distanced from this one. The longer he hangs in limbo the worse the case for him to get a regular roster spot this year on any roster. Its possible he follows in the footsteps of Anthony Wright who spent the seaosn of his release on the PS of the Ravens. The differenc eis Wright was actually way ahead of where Hutch is at this point.

Carter started 0-2 in a horrid fashion as a rookie. He finished a strong 3-3 with noticeable improvement in just about every area. Hutch went 2-7 through 9 games and looked worse at seasons end. Teams felt they could blitz him at will because he didnt make them pay for doing so and seemed to fumble every time he was hit.

Feel free to buy stock in hutch.com. There's a sucker born every minute.

I hope Hutch gets a chnace to play and ultimately develop but he was never better than QC here and never should have played. It isnt his fault but Bruce Coslets.

I actually had this argument or a very similar one with Hutch's Dad on this forum's original site before his rookie season. I told him playing Hutch would be the worst thing they could go to the kid. He didnt see it at the time but I am sure he now agrees.

Perhaps you'd like to wager on who has a better season: QC or Hutch? Or Perhaps you want to quit while your behind and hope noone remembers you mentioning Hutch at all this off-season.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
There was no compation in any real sense last year. I mean, of course Carter won. Of course he was better. Hutchinson never really had a chance to begin with. I guess I'm not understanding what the point of this thread is. How do you expect people to respond to this?
My guess is he wants people who backed Hutch over QC to come clean. He probably feels those folks will undergo some sort of reflection upon their wayward sense of Qbs and repent of QC bashing. Unfortunately he is wrong. There's plenty of people here who are so often wrong it doesnt strike them as unusual at all. If they can still knock QC after BP started him all year and brought him back as the incumbent they can argue with anything without shame.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
jterrell said:
My guess is he wants people who backed Hutch over QC to come clean.

my stance is "get over it".

qc's not won anything more than hutch has lost. 2 losers fighting for a losing cause doesn't create a winner in the end.

that's what most of us say when we say "shut up - qb is up for grabs".

cater fans hear "carter sucks". hutch fans went over there and the rest of us don't give a **** about the extremest crap and whining.

we need a qb. someone has to step up. that goes for most positions on offense.

this team isn't together yet. arguging over a piece is missing the team.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
jterrell said:
My guess is he wants people who backed Hutch over QC to come clean. He probably feels those folks will undergo some sort of reflection upon their wayward sense of Qbs and repent of QC bashing. Unfortunately he is wrong. There's plenty of people here who are so often wrong it doesnt strike them as unusual at all. If they can still knock QC after BP started him all year and brought him back as the incumbent they can argue with anything without shame.

Well, OK, I will volunteer. I guess I can fall on my own sword as well as the next guy (or girl as the case may be). I thought Hutchinson had more talent then QC as a pro QB. Can we now move on to bigger and better things?

This board moves closer and closer to SilverStar quality everytime we do this. At some point you have to say enough.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
iceberg said:
my stance is "get over it".

qc's not won anything more than hutch has lost. 2 losers fighting for a losing cause doesn't create a winner in the end.

that's what most of us say when we say "shut up - qb is up for grabs".

cater fans hear "carter sucks". hutch fans went over there and the rest of us don't give a **** about the extremest crap and whining.

we need a qb. someone has to step up. that goes for most positions on offense.

this team isn't together yet. arguging over a piece is missing the team.

Carter has started his first 3 years, has a .500 career won/loss record.

Hutch was 2-7 and deemed by Parcells flat out not ready to run an NFL offense last camp. Hutch proved he was not ready to run a NFLEurope offense yet either. Carter is clearly heads and shoulders above Hutch who today is the 5th string QB. :eek:

Capeche?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Well, OK, I will volunteer. I thought Hutchinson had more talent then QC as a pro QB. Can we now move on to bigger and better things?

no. we have to glorify carter. please genuflect 3 times in his name and move to the next level please.

Nav22

Reaction score
They posted equal numbers as rookies, even with Hutchinson being away from football for 4 years.

Hutchinson = 2-7 record, 7 total TDs, 16 total turnovers.

Carter = 3-4 record, 8 total TDs, 10 total turnovers.

blindzebra

Reaction score
jterrell said:
Oy, I forget the 2001 team was awesome on the OL and just fought to the death to finish wth the same 5 win record. It must have been all the big name free agents we lost. OR perhaps seeing Hutch fumble away game after game caused the team to quit?

Hutch isnt on any team right now in essence because he is distanced from this one. The longer he hangs in limbo the worse the case for him to get a regular roster spot this year on any roster. Its possible he follows in the footsteps of Anthony Wright who spent the seaosn of his release on the PS of the Ravens. The differenc eis Wright was actually way ahead of where Hutch is at this point.

Carter started 0-2 in a horrid fashion as a rookie. He finished a strong 3-3 with noticeable improvement in just about every area. Hutch went 2-7 through 9 games and looked worse at seasons end. Teams felt they could blitz him at will because he didnt make them pay for doing so and seemed to fumble every time he was hit.

Feel free to buy stock in hutch.com. There's a sucker born every minute.

I hope Hutch gets a chnace to play and ultimately develop but he was never better than QC here and never should have played. It isnt his fault but Bruce Coslets.

I actually had this argument or a very similar one with Hutch's Dad on this forum's original site before his rookie season. I told him playing Hutch would be the worst thing they could go to the kid. He didnt see it at the time but I am sure he now agrees.

Perhaps you'd like to wager on who has a better season: QC or Hutch? Or Perhaps you want to quit while your behind and hope noone remembers you mentioning Hutch at all this off-season.

What side of this brought up Hutchinson?

The fact is NEITHER is at this point a viable NFL QB. They will both likely be AVERAGE at best, so the point of this entire thread was to start trouble.

You yourself took a, "It's all the haters causing the trouble," stance a while back.
This post, like most on this subject was started by YOUR side of this issue.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Nors said:
Carter has started his first 3 years, has a .500 career won/loss record.

Hutch was 2-7 and deemed by Parcells flat out not ready to run an NFL offense last camp. Hutch proved he was not ready to run a NFLEurope offense yet either. Carter is clearly heads and shoulders above Hutch who today is the 5th string QB. :eek:

Capeche?

you have 756 posts, capeche must work for you in debates a lot.

if hutch sucks that bad, then it can't be that good carter didn't blow him away.

in your rush to bash hutch, please remember he's carters only benchmark. the more hutch sucks, the easier IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN for carter.

back to you.

Nav22

Reaction score
The guys saying they still think Chad is better than Quincy....

You're joking, right?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Nav22 said:
The guys saying they still think Chad is better than Quincy....

You're joking, right?

no, i'm saying neither are worth the time they're given in debates at this point. it goes downhill from there.

twa

Reaction score
Have our expectations gone so low as to praise the level of play that we have gotten from our Qb's?When a 40 year old Qb is a upgrade the bar has been lowered :mad:

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
twa said:
Have our expectations gone so low as to praise the level of play that we have gotten from our Qb's?When a 40 year old Qb is a upgrade the bar has been lowered :mad:

only if you have a carter hard on.

Status
Not open for further replies.